Reputation, adj.: What others are not thinking about you.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

SubjectAuthor
* Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking andJNugent
+* Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourageSpike
+* Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourageSpike
|`* Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourageSpike
`* Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking andJNugent
 `- Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cyclingswldx...@gmail.com

1
Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<cf42931a-0a32-4e6e-930e-4137b98bba9en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28244&group=uk.rec.cycling#28244

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 19 May 2023 08:30:40 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 19 May 2023 15:30 UTC

The funding will deliver projects in the city that include a School Street at Bassett Green School, which will see the road closed to through traffic at drop off and pick up times. This will provide a safer environment for school children and help those who are able to walk, cycle or scoot to school..

In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a safer and healthier place for everyone.

Other projects benefitting from the new funding include improved safer routes to five local schools:

Freemantle C of E Community Academy
Springhill Catholic Primary School
Hightown Primary School
Beechwood Junior School
Glenfield Infant School

Additional funding has also been approved for Bitterne Road East; a cycle scheme forming part of Southampton Cycle Network (SCN) route two from West End to the City Centre. This enables the council to progress with the project along Bitterne Road East from Somerset Avenue to Bitterne District Centre.. Works are programmed to start from Summer 2023.

Councillor Eamonn Keogh, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport comments:

“Making the Southampton active travel network accessible for all is a top priority. We want everyone to be able to travel around Southampton easily; these active travel improvements will make it safer for children and their families on their journeys to and from local schools by bike or foot. They will also create a more pleasant route for pedestrians, whilst actively encouraging vehicles to adhere to the speed limit. I urge people to take part in the upcoming consultations and share their views.

https://www.southampton.gov.uk/news/article/funding-secured-cycling-walking/

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and chav-cycling

<kdrf3iF47sjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29209&group=uk.rec.cycling#29209

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and
chav-cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:52:18 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:52 UTC

> The funding will deliver projects in the city that include a School Street

Capital initials, eh?

Why didn't you use a green font as well?

> at Bassett Green School, which will see the road closed to through traffic at drop off and pick up times. This will provide a safer environment for school children and help those who are able to walk, ride a chav-cycle or scoot to school.
>
> In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a safer and healthier place for everyone.
>
> Other projects benefitting from the new funding include improved safer routes to five local schools:
>
> Freemantle C of E Community Academy
> Springhill Catholic Primary School
> Hightown Primary School
> Beechwood Junior School
> Glenfield Infant School
>
> Additional funding has also been approved for Bitterne Road East; a chav-cycle scheme forming part of Southampton Chav Cycle Network (SCCN) route two from West End to the City Centre. This enables the council to progress with the project along Bitterne Road East from Somerset Avenue to Bitterne District Centre. Works are programmed to start from Summer 2023.
>
> Councillor Eamonn Keogh, Cabinet Member for Environment and Transport comments:
>
> “Making the Southampton active travel network accessible for all is a top priority. We want everyone to be able to travel around Southampton easily; these active travel improvements will make it safer for children and their families on their journeys to and from local schools by bike or foot. They will also create a more pleasant route for pedestrians, whilst actively encouraging vehicles to adhere to the speed limit. I urge people to take part in the upcoming consultations and share their views.
>
> https://www.southampton.gov.uk/news/article/funding-secured-cycling-walking/

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<f4040fb0-5508-47b1-83ce-f22a375e8229n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29215&group=uk.rec.cycling#29215

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 05:09:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:09 UTC

QUOTE: In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a safer and healthier place for everyone. ENDS

The gammon and pineapple brigade anything healthier and safer. They want these back as it makes them feel young again.

Asbestos, DDT, CFCs, Leaded petrol, Benzene, Mercury, Cadmium, Nitrous Oxides, soot, acid rain, polio, tetanus, measles, rubella, tuberculosis, scarlet fever and mumps.

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<5b7a388c-1f94-45a3-a2bf-1cc69cccfcf4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29218&group=uk.rec.cycling#29218

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 05:14:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:14 UTC

QUOTE: In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a safer and healthier place for everyone. ENDS

The gammon and pineapple brigade hate anything healthier and safer. They want these back as it makes them feel young again.

Asbestos, DDT, CFCs, Leaded petrol, Benzene, Mercury, Cadmium, Nitrous Oxides, soot, acid rain, polio, tetanus, measles, rubella, tuberculosis, scarlet fever and mumps

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<kdri1iF4ngfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29219&group=uk.rec.cycling#29219

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage
walking and cycling
Date: 1 Jun 2023 12:42:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:42 UTC

> QUOTE: In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and
> buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a
> safer and healthier place for everyone. ENDS

> The gammon and pineapple brigade hate anything healthier and safer.

If you like, I can post a link to gammon products, including swivels.

> They want these back as it makes them feel young again.

Rather in the manner of Lycra Louts dominating pavements and pedestrian
precincts. Where are the health benefits of cycling? The Dutch die from the
same diseases in the same proportion as the lardarse Brits.

> Asbestos, DDT, CFCs, Leaded petrol, Benzene, Mercury, Cadmium, Nitrous
> Oxides, soot, acid rain, polio, tetanus, measles, rubella, tuberculosis,
> scarlet fever and mumps

I’m sure you must have a point, perhaps you might let the group know what
it is.

--
Spike

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<kdri1iF4ngfU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29220&group=uk.rec.cycling#29220

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
walking and cycling
Date: 1 Jun 2023 12:42:26 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 12:42 UTC

> QUOTE: In addition, Honeysuckle Road will see a new raised table and
> buildouts which will encourage drivers to reduce their speed, creating a
> safer and healthier place for everyone. ENDS

> The gammon and pineapple brigade hate anything healthier and safer.

If you like, I can post a link to gammon products, including swivels.

> They want these back as it makes them feel young again.

Rather in the manner of Lycra Louts dominating pavements and pedestrian
precincts. Where are the health benefits of cycling? The Dutch die from the
same diseases in the same proportion as the lardarse Brits.

> Asbestos, DDT, CFCs, Leaded petrol, Benzene, Mercury, Cadmium, Nitrous
> Oxides, soot, acid rain, polio, tetanus, measles, rubella, tuberculosis,
> scarlet fever and mumps

I’m sure you must have a point, perhaps you might let the group know what
it is.

--
Spike

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<fdc5f54c-1120-4f25-97ad-ba2949292725n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29223&group=uk.rec.cycling#29223

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 06:36:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 13:36 UTC

QUOTE: The gammon and pineapple brigade hate anything healthier and safer. They want these back as it makes them feel young again. ENDS

Before the nasty EU stole their hair and teeth.

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<kdrrj0F65uhU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29235&group=uk.rec.cycling#29235

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
walking and cycling
Date: 1 Jun 2023 15:25:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 15:25 UTC

> QUOTE: The gammon and pineapple brigade hate anything healthier and
> safer. They want these back as it makes them feel young again. ENDS
>
> Before the nasty EU stole their hair and teeth.

Been on early sundowners?

--
Spike

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<233a0695-e54e-4623-950f-e575c7577532n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29239&group=uk.rec.cycling#29239

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:27:27 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:27 UTC

QUOTE: . They will also create a more pleasant route for pedestrians, whilst actively encouraging vehicles to adhere to the speed limit. ENDS

Bloody hell - they must have magic powers!

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and chav-cycling

<kdsabaF8av6U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29262&group=uk.rec.cycling#29262

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
chav-cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 20:37:14 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 19:37 UTC

> QUOTE: . They will also create a more pleasant route for pedestrians, whilst actively encouraging vehicles to adhere to the speed limit. ENDS
>
> Bloody hell - they must have magic powers!

The impossible and most impressive task would be to get chavs on bikes
(you know, people like you) to obey traffic lights and the rule about
not riding chav-bikes on footways.

Re: Southampton welcomes national funding to encourage walking and cycling

<e1e17b41-8337-4b6f-b6af-d051d12c1a70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29272&group=uk.rec.cycling#29272

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:21:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 04:21 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 6:27:29 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: . They will also create a more pleasant route for pedestrians, whilst actively encouraging vehicles to adhere to the speed limit. ENDS
>
> Bloody hell - they must have magic powers!

Drivers always say that it's "impossible" to drive at 20mph anyway.