From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Brexit has killed the British car industry
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 17:35:21 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 21 May 2023 16:35 UTC

> This was from the headbanger who said that Brexit would instantly result in a 8% drop in the cost of living "on day one".
> Professor Minford, of Cardiff Business School, has previously advocated “running down” the UK auto industry – which would include plants such as Sunderland’s Nissan.
>
> Giving evidence to the Foreign Affairs Select Committee in 2012, he said: “It is perfectly true that if you remove protection of the sort that has been given particularly to the car industry and other manufacturing industries inside the protective wall, you will have a change in the situation facing that industry, and you are going to have to run it down.
>
> “It will be in your interests to do it, just as in the same way we ran down the coal and steel industries. These things happen as evolution takes place in your economy.”
>
> YOU WERE WARNED - NUTCASE.

A floor-sweeper contradicting a professor!

You don't actually know anything about economics, do you?

But happily, it was never seen as an essential qualification for
night-shift janitors. The CSE in Applied Floor Washing and the one in
Advanced Broom Maintenance (new handle one year, new head the next) were
all you needed.