There is no such thing as a problem without a gift for you in its hands.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's back

SubjectAuthor
* Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's backswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's backSpike
`- Re: Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's backswldx...@gmail.com

1
Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's back

<17f4b305-0816-4406-b614-6cfc43a6c6a6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28486&group=uk.rec.cycling#28486

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 13:10:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's back
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 21 May 2023 20:10 UTC

A DRIVER has been fined more than £1,000 after hitting a cyclist in Bracknell and breaking his back.

Derek Yendley was driving his Audi TT across the roundabout with the Forest Road and Maidenhead Road on August 28 last year when the incident happened..

The 55-year-old slowed down but failed to stop when encountering keen cyclist Stephen Hamilton after coming off the roundabout.

A collision occurred which resulted in Mr Hamilton’s back being broken in three places leading to him being hospitalised for two weeks.

Yendley was charged with causing serious injury by careless/inconsiderate driving and pleaded guilty at Reading Magistrates’ Court today (April 19).

Prosecuting, Alastair Yapp read out an impact statement from Mr Hamilton which said: “The accident has had serious long-term impact on my family that can’t be undone and my life will never be the same.

“I lost my job as a result of the accident and only have a temporary role.”

The court heard that Yendley, who is head of procurement for Travelodge hotels, has no previous convictions and feels sympathy for the injures caused to Mr Hamilton.

Yendley, of Nine Mile Ride, Finchampstead, Wokingham, was handed a £1,600 fine plus an £85 court cost and £160 victim surcharge.

He is also disqualified from driving for 12 months.

https://www.bracknellnews.co.uk/news/23466318.wokingham-driver-fined-hitting-breaking-cyclists-back/

Re: Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's back

<kcvgraFpcufU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28489&group=uk.rec.cycling#28489

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 May 2023 21:30:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 21 May 2023 21:30 UTC

A word in the 3rd person singular present tense, has been misused in this
report. It appears to have been mistakenly employed as a noun.

Perhaps it was written by an AI bot?

--
Spike

Re: Wokingham driver fined after hitting and breaking cyclist's back

<b22038e6-3395-4cfd-811f-c1ebabb29c27n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28496&group=uk.rec.cycling#28496

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 21:47:15 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 22 May 2023 04:47 UTC

QUOTE: Yendley, of Nine Mile Ride, Finchampstead, Wokingham, was handed a £1,600 fine plus an £85 court cost and £160 victim surcharge..

He is also disqualified from driving for 12 months. ENDS

Yet another slap on the wrist for a dangerous thug - needed jailtime at least.