Serocki's Stricture: Marriage is always a bachelor's last option.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & Autonomous

SubjectAuthor
* Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & Autonomousswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & AutonomousSpike

1
Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & Autonomous

<809cae31-c926-445f-b2ce-5e5189bfe35fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28482&group=uk.rec.cycling#28482

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 21 May 2023 12:51:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & Autonomous
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 21 May 2023 19:51 UTC

The ULEZ expansion and scrappage scheme will help clear London's air by providing grant payments to successful applicants to scrap or retrofit vehicles that do not meet the emissions standards and switch to cleaner, greener modes of transport.

Following the success of our last scrappage scheme, which saw the removal of more than 15,000 polluting vehicles from London's roads, our new scrappage scheme will support Londoners on certain low income or disability benefits, and eligible micro businesses (up to 10 employees), sole traders and charities with a registered address in London. Only eligible applicants with vehicles that do not meet the ULEZ emissions standard will qualify for our new scrappage scheme.

The application process for the Mayor's new £110m scrappage scheme is divided into two sub-schemes, based on vehicle type and applicant.

The ULEZ car and motorcycle scrappage scheme is for Londoners on certain low income or disability benefits with cars, motorcycles and wheelchair accessible vehicles that do not meet the ULEZ emissions standard.

The ULEZ van and minibus scrappage scheme is for eligible sole traders, micro businesses or charities with a registered address in London, to scrap or retrofit a van or minibus that does not meet the ULEZ emissions standard.

The application process is online, and you will need to upload evidence to prove your identity and eligibility. If you have received a grant payment under the previous TfL scrappage scheme, you can't apply to the equivalent sub-scheme again.

This page provides a summary of both sub-schemes. For eligibility criteria and how to apply, visit our scheme pages and see the related terms and conditions.
Cars, motorcycles and wheelchair accessible vehicles

Eligible applicants can get up to £2,000 for scrapping a car or up to £1,000 for scrapping a motorcycle. For wheelchair accessible vehicles there is a payment of £5,000 to scrap or retrofit to the ULEZ standard..

To qualify for the wheelchair accessible grant payment of £5,000, the vehicle you apply with must have been converted by mobility experts to allow a disabled person to access the vehicle as the driver or passenger.

Options are also available which include a lower payment plus one or two adult-rate Annual Bus & Tram Passes that are worth more than the payment alone.

You will need to live within one of the 32 London boroughs or the City of London and receive certain benefits to be eligible for the ULEZ car and motorcycle scrappage scheme. You can only apply for a grant payment to scrap a vehicle that does not meet the ULEZ emissions standards. The vehicle must be registered with the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) to you or someone you live with. If you are claiming disability benefits it can also be registered to your nominated driver. Find out more about the eligibility criteria, grant payment types and what you need to apply:

Re: New Auto Sales To Drop 75% Due To Longevity & Autonomous

<kcvhtiFphhmU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28493&group=uk.rec.cycling#28493

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 21 May 2023 21:48:34 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 21 May 2023 21:48 UTC

⚠️WARNING⚠️

Your benefits and tax status may be affected

Some low income, means-tested benefits are affected by the amount of money
you have in savings.

The ULEZ car and motorcycle scrappage scheme grant payment may be treated
as savings for any means-tested benefits you claim.

If this grant payment is treated as savings, and takes you over the
permitted savings limit, your benefit claims may be affected.

Find out more about this and how benefits can be affected by lump sum
payouts.

TfL will have no liability to you if the ULEZ car and motorcycle scrappage
scheme grant payment affects any means-tested benefits you receive.

⚠️WARNING⚠️

--
Spike