Your happiness is intertwined with your outlook on life.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

SubjectAuthor
* A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crashswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest asSpike
+- Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies inJNugent
`* Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crashswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclistSpike
 `- Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crashSimon Mason

1
A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

<4acaa667-d90a-42ca-9b44-a3ea1967cae4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28660&group=uk.rec.cycling#28660

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 11:35:22 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 23 May 2023 18:35 UTC

A teenager from Ely has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal collision in which a cycle rider died on the A142 at Witcham Toll.

The crash happened on Saturday evening and a 999 call was made at 5.16pm reporting the collision outside the Esso MFG fuel station between a black Chrysler 300c and a red Suzuki GSX1400 motorcycle.

Despite best efforts of paramedics, the rider of the motorcycle – a man in his 50s – was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 19-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene of a collision, and is in custody at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.

Detective Sergeant Craig Wheeler, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or may have dash-cam footage of either vehicle prior to it.

“We would also like to hear from anyone who was at the fuel station around the time of the incident, who we have not yet spoken with.”

Anyone with information should report online or use the web chat service and quote incident 416 of May 20. Those without internet access should call 101.

https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/23536789.man-fifties-died-witcham-toll-saturday-evening/

Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as motorcyclist dies in crash

<kd4prfFjnkeU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28662&group=uk.rec.cycling#28662

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as
motorcyclist dies in crash
Date: 23 May 2023 21:34:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 23 May 2023 21:34 UTC

QUOTE

….collision outside the Esso MFG fuel station between a black Chrysler 300c
and a red Suzuki GSX1400 motorcycle.

ENDQUOTE

So, it’s not a collision between a car and cycle:

QUOTE

…collision in which a cycle rider died on the A142 at Witcham Toll.

ENDQUOTE

Don’t you read what you’re posting?

--
Spike

Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

<kd5483Fl6k2U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28665&group=uk.rec.cycling#28665

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in
crash
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 01:32:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 24 May 2023 00:32 UTC

> A teenager from Ely has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a fatal collision in which a cycle rider died on the A142 at Witcham Toll.

The other Ely, one supposes?

> The crash happened on Saturday evening and a 999 call was made at 5.16pm reporting the collision outside the Esso MFG fuel station between a black Chrysler 300c and a red Suzuki GSX1400 motorcycle.
> Despite best efforts of paramedics, the rider of the motorcycle – a man in his 50s – was pronounced dead at the scene.

But which "cycle rider" died on the A142 at Witcham Toll?

> A 19-year-old man from Ely was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and failing to stop at the scene of a collision, and is in custody at Parkside Police Station in Cambridge.
> Detective Sergeant Craig Wheeler, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are keen to hear from anyone who witnessed the collision or may have dash-cam footage of either vehicle prior to it.
> “We would also like to hear from anyone who was at the fuel station around the time of the incident, who we have not yet spoken with.”
> Anyone with information should report online or use the web chat service and quote incident 416 of May 20. Those without internet access should call 101.
>
> https://www.elystandard.co.uk/news/23536789.man-fifties-died-witcham-toll-saturday-evening/

Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

<6df7e812-58e9-48ea-afc1-693127cdd07fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28671&group=uk.rec.cycling#28671

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 21:35:47 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 04:35 UTC

QUOTE:
Despite best efforts of paramedics, the rider of the motorcycle – a man in his 50s – was pronounced dead at the scene. ENDS

No wonder:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

<kd6rd3Ft87lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28723&group=uk.rec.cycling#28723

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist
dies in crash
Date: 24 May 2023 16:13:23 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:13 UTC

> QUOTE:
> Despite best efforts of paramedics, the rider of the motorcycle – a man
> in his 50s – was pronounced dead at the scene. ENDS
>
> No wonder:
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium

Wow! 108 bikers killed for every 2 car drivers!

How does that work?

--
Spike

Re: A142 Witcham Toll: Dangerous driving arrest as cyclist dies in crash

<ae7a6ba9-d0fb-4c0e-893b-5e21777015abn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28737&group=uk.rec.cycling#28737

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:49:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:49 UTC

The Duchess of Edinburgh is "deeply saddened" after an 81-year-old woman hit by her motorcycle escort has died, Buckingham Palace has said.

Great-grandmother Helen Holland, from Birchanger in Essex, was hit by a police motorcycle, which was part of the duchess Sophie's escort, in London on the afternoon of 10 May.

It happened on West Cromwell Road and Warwick Road in Earl’s Court.

Her son Martin Holland was quoted in the BBC saying she died after sustaining “multiple broken bones and massive internal injuries”.

He said she fought “for her life for nearly two weeks… but irreversible damage to her brain finally ended the battle today”.

He said she was using the “safe route of a pedestrian crossing” when she was hit by the motorcycle.

Buckingham Palace said the duchess, Sophie, was "deeply saddened" by the news.

The spokesperson said: "Her Royal Highness's deepest condolences and sympathies go to all of Ms Holland's family."

The Independent Office for Police Conduct (IOPC) have been investigating the incident and said on 19 May they were appealing for witnesses and had taken CCTV from nearby properties.

The IOPC regional director Amanda Rowe said on 19 May: “Our thoughts are with the woman, who has sustained life-threatening injuries, and her family.

“We have been in touch with them to explain our role and will keep them regularly updated as the investigation progresses.”