Newton's Little-Known Seventh Law: A bird in the hand is safer than one overhead.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

SubjectAuthor
* Bike Camper With Retro Flairswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Chav-Bike Camper With Retro FlairJNugent
`* Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flairswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: Bike Camper With Retro FlairSpike
 |`- Re: Bike Camper With Retro FlairJNugent
 `* Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flairswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Bike Camper With Retro FlairSpike
  +- Re: Bike Camper With Retro FlairJNugent
  `- Re: Bike Camper With Retro FlairSimon Mason

1
Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<9dd8b6ab-3ce3-4aec-92bb-72f9584bfe80n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28677&group=uk.rec.cycling#28677

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 23 May 2023 21:54:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Bike Camper With Retro Flair
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 04:54 UTC

As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trips. While most people do this in their car, the [Dangie Bros] built a 500 lb bike camper for their own take on the great American Road Trip.

Taking a maximalist approach not seen in most bike campers, this behemoth has a working sink, propane stove, seating area, and an upstairs sleeping area. A small window in the front of the camper opens to let the passenger inside converse with the person pedaling, and a solar panel charges a small battery for lights and a roof fan.

While the camper is very ’70s retro-chic, its lack of assist (other than the passenger getting out to push) meant that on the second day of their road trip they resorted to towing the camper behind a second bike in a pseudo-tandem arrangement. The fold out bed takes some design cues from RVs, but clearly needed more reinforcement since it collapsed partway through the night. With an e-assist and some refinements, this could be comfortable (albeit slow) way to go bike glamping.

If you’d like to try your own hand at a bike camper but do it more aerodynamically and attached to an assisted bike, checkout this teardrop trailer or this bike camper.

https://hackaday.com/2023/05/23/bike-camper-with-retro-flair/

Re: Chav-Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<kd6hsqFrpjcU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28687&group=uk.rec.cycling#28687

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-Bike Camper With Retro Flair
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 14:31:06 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 24 May 2023 13:31 UTC

On 24/05/2023 05:54 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trips. While most people do this in their car, the [Dangie Bros] built a 500 lb bike camper for their own take on the great American Road Trip.

How many thousands of miles are they going to do on the chav-cycle?

> Taking a maximalist approach not seen in most chav-bike campers, this behemoth has a working sink, propane stove, seating area, and an upstairs sleeping area. A small window in the front of the camper opens to let the passenger inside converse with the person pedaling, and a solar panel charges a small battery for lights and a roof fan.
>
> While the camper is very ’70s retro-chic, its lack of assist (other than the passenger getting out to push) meant that on the second day of their road trip they resorted to towing the camper behind a second chav-bike in a pseudo-tandem arrangement. The fold out bed takes some design cues from RVs, but clearly needed more reinforcement since it collapsed partway through the night. With an e-assist and some refinements, this could be comfortable (albeit slow) way to go chav-bike glamping.
>
> If you’d like to try your own hand at a chav-bike camper but do it more aerodynamically and attached to an assisted fairy-bike, checkout this teardrop trailer or this chav-bike camper.
>
> https://hackaday.com/2023/05/23/bike-camper-with-retro-flair/

The circus is in town, lads.

Coco and Mad Mason can't be far behind.

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<6659de8b-b82c-4920-88c7-4488af1e49a7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28694&group=uk.rec.cycling#28694

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 08:23:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:23 UTC

QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<kd6omlFss1fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28696&group=uk.rec.cycling#28696

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 May 2023 15:27:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:27 UTC

> QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere,
> thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS

> Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our
> friends all over the EU.

See if one of your friends can take you in, then you can enjoy living in
your paradise.

--
Spike

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<1928ec72-f1a7-4bb6-ba52-1239d6ce824an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28706&group=uk.rec.cycling#28706

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 08:49:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:49 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:23:53 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS
>
> Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.

Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.
Cost me £3 and lasts for as long as I own the car.
Might go crying to GBeebies about unfair it all is.

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<kd6r0oFt6cvU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28717&group=uk.rec.cycling#28717

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 May 2023 16:06:48 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:06 UTC

> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:23:53 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere,
>> thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS
>>
>> Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our
>> friends all over the EU.
>
> Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.
> Cost me £3 and lasts for as long as I own the car.
> Might go crying to GBeebies about unfair it all is.

All the more reason to stay there.

--
Spike

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<kd6r4kFt57bU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28719&group=uk.rec.cycling#28719

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:08:52 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:08 UTC

On 24/05/2023 04:27 pm, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere,
>> thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS
>
>> Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our
>> friends all over the EU.
>
> See if one of your friends can take you in, then you can enjoy living in
> your paradise.

He's already been taken in.

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<kd6r5kFt57bU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28720&group=uk.rec.cycling#28720

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 17:09:23 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:09 UTC

> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:23:53 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS
>>
>> Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.
>
> Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.
> Cost me £3 and lasts for as long as I own the car.
> Might go crying to GBeebies about unfair it all is.

Ask Khan if he'll do the same.

Re: Bike Camper With Retro Flair

<36a621d9-99d6-4a61-964d-33b24f2c6af9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28732&group=uk.rec.cycling#28732

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:42 UTC

On Wednesday, 24 May 2023 at 16:49:18 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:23:53 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: As we’re approaching summer here in the Northern Hemisphere, thoughts naturally turn toward road trip. ENDS
> >
> > Indeed - I have booked a trip on the Hull - Europoort ferry to see our friends all over the EU.
> Nasty Germans have made me pay for a "ULEZ" charge green sticker for valid most cities.
> Cost me £3 and lasts for as long as I own the car.
> Might go crying to GBeebies about unfair it all is.

I have to pay to use several motorway networks as well.
UNFAIR!