The sheep died in the wool.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

SubjectAuthor
* Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thruswldx...@gmail.com
+- Drunk motorcyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald'sSpike
+* Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thruswldx...@gmail.com

1
Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<cce0eea6-826c-4d1f-9241-005e42de5329n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28703&group=uk.rec.cycling#28703

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 08:44:49 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru
while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:44 UTC

A drunk motorcyclist has been banned from driving for 17 months after he fell off his bike at a McDonald's drive-thru.

Cameron Dixon, 28, was caught riding his motorbike more than twice over the limit, after being spotted driving unsteadily over the pavement before falling off his bike.

He was arrested after McDonald's staff alerted a policeman, who was taking a break at the fast food restaurant in the Admiral Retail Park in Eastbourne, East Sussex.

After being alerted approached by staff, Sergeant Chris Ambrose, who was working a night shift, then approached Dixon at around 1:30am on April 25.

The drunk 28-year-old was later arrested and taken into custody after failing a roadside breath test.

He tested positive for 76 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath. The legal limit is 35 microgrammes.

Dixon admitted having a drink with his family, while talking to police at the McDonald's drive-thru.

However, after being taken into custody, Dixon was recorded arguing with police saying 'I don't give a f***' and replying 'no comment' when questioned about whether he had been drinking.

At Hastings Magistrates Court on May 10, Dixon, of Whitley Road, Eastbourne, admitted driving over the limit.

Dixon was disqualified from driving for 17 months and ordered to pay a £346 fine, £85 costs, and a £138 surcharge.

Commenting on the case Sgt Ambrose said: 'The footage shows how unsteady Dixon was.

'He was in no fit state to be riding his motorcycle that night.

'He put his own safety, and the safety of other road users, at risk.

'This case demonstrates the ongoing importance of reporting potential drink-drivers to the police.

'Drink-driving is one of the main causes of people being killed or seriously injured on our roads, so informing the police really could save someone's life.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12118877/Drunk-motorcyclist-fell-bike-outside-McDonalds-banned-driving-17-months.html

Drunk motorcyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<kd6pr3Ft12sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28705&group=uk.rec.cycling#28705

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Drunk motorcyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's
drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
Date: 24 May 2023 15:46:43 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:46 UTC

--
Spike

Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<21fc4739-4ab9-4ea7-ac60-9d772bb471b2n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28711&group=uk.rec.cycling#28711

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 08:53:07 -0700 (PDT)
while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 24 May 2023 15:53 UTC

On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:44:50 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A drunk motorcyclist has been banned from driving for 17 months after he fell off his bike at a McDonald's drive-thru.
SEE:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<kd6qprFt5g5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28715&group=uk.rec.cycling#28715

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
Date: 24 May 2023 16:03:07 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:03 UTC

> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:44:50 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> A drunk motorcyclist has been banned from driving for 17 months after he
>> fell off his bike at a McDonald's drive-thru.
> SEE:
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium
Wow! 108 bikers killed for every 2 car drivers!

How does that work?

--
Spike

Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<e8ffad0f-2499-4c87-8e6a-a60633237078n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28727&group=uk.rec.cycling#28727

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:38:03 -0700 (PDT)
while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:38 UTC

On Wednesday, 24 May 2023 at 16:53:08 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:44:50 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > A drunk motorcyclist has been banned from driving for 17 months after he fell off his bike at a McDonald's drive-thru.
> SEE:
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium

19% of road deaths from 1% of traffic are horrific odds.

Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<kd6t6fFthbtU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28734&group=uk.rec.cycling#28734

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
Date: 24 May 2023 16:43:59 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:43 UTC

Simon Mason <swldxer2022@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, 24 May 2023 at 16:53:08 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 24, 2023 at 4:44:50 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> A drunk motorcyclist has been banned from driving for 17 months after
>>> he fell off his bike at a McDonald's drive-thru.
>> SEE:
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FwyZn7oWYAEfyHg?format=jpg&name=medium
>
> 19% of road deaths from 1% of traffic are horrific odds.

It’s been that way for over a century, so it’s hardly news.

--
Spike

Re: Drunk cyclist who fell off his bike outside McDonald's drive-thru while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months

<bd8f4676-6802-4664-a88f-957da2760670n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28736&group=uk.rec.cycling#28736

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 24 May 2023 09:47:20 -0700 (PDT)
while twice the limit is banned from driving for 17 months
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Wed, 24 May 2023 16:47 UTC

QUOTE:Dixon admitted having a drink with his family, while talking to police at the McDonald's drive-thru.ENDS

It's wonder why he didn't tell the cops that he had necked a bottle of vodka while in the queue.