Life is too short to be taken seriously. -- Oscar Wilde

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

SubjectAuthor
* Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
+- Re: Chav-Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to theJNugent
+* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
|`* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
| +* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
| |+- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
| |+- Re: Chav Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to theJNugent
| |`* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
| | +- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take toJNugent
| | `* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
| |  +* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
| |  |`- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take toJNugent
| |  +- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take toJNugent
| |  `* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
| |   +- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
| |   `- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs-on-fairy-bikesJNugent
| `- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the roadJNugent
+- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
`* Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Chav-Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to theJNugent
 +- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists takeSpike
 `- Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the roadswldx...@gmail.com

1
Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<7c9d1f86-4c88-45d1-b648-c879802aefb9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28891&group=uk.rec.cycling#28891

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 05:26:54 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 12:26 UTC

A record number of cyclists are expected to ride up to 100 miles as London marks the 10th anniversary of what has become the biggest city bike festival in the world.

The three-day Ride London event will culminate on Sunday with three sold-out mass rides from central London to Essex and back, finishing on Tower Bridge – with 25,000 riders due to complete the 30, 60 or 100-mile routes on closed roads.

A similar number are expected to join an eight-mile Free Cycle unticketed family bike ride on closed roads around Buckingham Palace between 10am-3pm on Sunday, or watch the Ford Ride London Classique, three days of racing starting today, Friday, that involves some of the world’s best women cyclists, including former world champion Lizzie Deignan.

The final stage of the classique, on a closed circuit in central London, will start at 3.30pm on Sunday. Trafalgar Square will host a Ford Ride London hub on each of the three days.

It is the second year that the Ride London 100 has gone into Essex. Previously in went via Surrey.

Cyclists will set off from the Victoria Embankment in waves from 6am, passing the 2012 velodrome and Epping Forest and head towards Braintree before returning home.

The event is sponsored for the first time by Ford. Some green campaigners have objected to support from a car manufacturer but event organisers say that without its support the event could not have been held.

There will be widespread road closures, including the southbound carriageway of the A12 for much of Sunday.

Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and when air pollution levels will drop”.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/ride-london-bike-records-25-000-cyclists-essex-b1083990.html

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kdbonhFlrjlU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28900&group=uk.rec.cycling#28900

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take
to the road
Date: 26 May 2023 12:58:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 26 May 2023 12:58 UTC

Rule 147 of the Highway Code says that “you MUST NOT throw anything out of
a vehicle”.

Note that a bicycle is a vehicle.

Ride London rubbish, anyone?

Read this and answer the chap’s question:

RUBBISH - From Cyclists
Post 29 May 2022, 3:24pm

Before I start does anyone know if Ride London do a rubbish pick up after
the event? If so forget the rest.

I did ask a Marshall and she said the wagons go round to pick up the signs,
but didn't think there was anyone doing the rubbish.

I was camping just off the Ride and the Women's route. Coming back from my
private ride today, I rode a short section of the Ride London 100 route. In
about 3kms, I saw 30 or so energy sachets discarded on the road. There were
also a couple of water bottles and a few banana skins. Plus other sweet
wrappers.

Strange where the sachets were as it was only a few Kms before a feeding
station, so maybe people who don't stop to feed.

I fully support all cycling and was pleased to see these 2 events, but what
arrogant t*ssers some of the riders must be to think they can dump their
rubbish on our lovely Essex roads.

Are there any rules about throwing rubbish in these type events?

--
Spike

Re: Chav-Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the road on fairy-bikes

<kdbp83FlsumU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28901&group=uk.rec.cycling#28901

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Chav-Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the
road on fairy-bikes
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 14:07:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 26 May 2023 13:07 UTC

> A record number of chavs are expected to ride up to 100 miles as London marks the 10th anniversary of what has become the biggest city fairy-bike festival in the world.
> The three-day Chav-Ride London event will culminate on Sunday with three sold-out mass rides from central London to Essex and back, finishing on Tower Bridge – with 25,000 riders due to complete the 30, 60 or 100-mile routes on closed roads.
> A similar number are expected to join an eight-mile Free Cycle unticketed family fairy-bike ride on closed roads around Buckingham Palace between 10am-3pm on Sunday, or watch the Ford Chav Ride London Classique, three days of racing starting today, Friday, that involves some of the world’s best women fairy-cyclists, including former world champion Lizzie Deignan.
> The final stage of the classique, on a closed circuit in central London, will start at 3.30pm on Sunday. Trafalgar Square will host a Ford Chav-Ride London hub on each of the three days.
> It is the second year that the Ride London 100 has gone into Essex. Previously in went via Surrey.
> Chav-cyclists will set off from the Victoria Embankment in waves from 6am, passing the 2012 velodrome and Epping Forest and head towards Braintree before returning home.
> The event is sponsored for the first time by Ford. Some green campaigners have objected to support from a car manufacturer but event organisers say that without its support the event could not have been held.
> There will be widespread road closures, including the southbound carriageway of the A12 for much of Sunday.
> Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a “special day when London is full of chav-bikes on traffic-free roads and when air pollution levels will drop”.
>
> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/ride-london-bike-records-25-000-cyclists-essex-b1083990.html

FIFY.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<625ca237-3241-4c60-a4a2-a09eb7d62baen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28907&group=uk.rec.cycling#28907

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 07:56:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 14:56 UTC

QUOTE: Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and when air pollution levels will drop”.ENDS

What about the rights of people who want to pollute the air with noise and toxic fumes?
Think of their anguish at getting banned for a WHOLE DAY.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kdcnf7Fqcu4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28921&group=uk.rec.cycling#28921

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 26 May 2023 21:43:03 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 26 May 2023 21:43 UTC

> QUOTE: Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would
> be a “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and
> when air pollution levels will drop”.ENDS
>
> What about the rights of people who want to pollute the air with noise and toxic fumes?
> Think of their anguish at getting banned for a WHOLE DAY.

The obvious thing to do about being imprisoned due to cyclists, is to get
the car out early and have a nice drive to the seaside. Clacton is only
80-odd miles away, so it’s a good chance to pollute a whole load of
countryside.

PS: who’s clearing up after the bicycle ride out? You know what cyclists
are for leaving rubbish and body wastes in their wake.

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<9e1a681c-87cd-4783-889f-c30fb3d36909n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28930&group=uk.rec.cycling#28930

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 22:49:16 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 05:49 UTC

On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 3:56:37 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and when air pollution levels will drop”.ENDS
>
> What about the rights of people who want to pollute the air with noise and toxic fumes?
> Think of their anguish at getting banned for a WHOLE DAY.

Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?
Most strange.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kddrmrF1273U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28936&group=uk.rec.cycling#28936

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 08:01:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 08:01 UTC

> On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 3:56:37 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would
>> be a “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and
>> when air pollution levels will drop”.ENDS
>>
>> What about the rights of people who want to pollute the air with noise and toxic fumes?
>> Think of their anguish at getting banned for a WHOLE DAY.

> Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?

> Most strange.

It’s only strange when viewed through the self-righteous sunglasses of the
entitled cyclist.

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<c1f54702-f325-4bfe-afff-e54eb2cc5211n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28939&group=uk.rec.cycling#28939

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:26:02 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 08:26 UTC

> Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?
> Most strange.

QUOTE: The iconic event raised £63m ($81m) for charity last year - but it's also known for generating lots of plastic waste, particularly plastic water bottles discarded by runners.

Like concerts and other major events, the marathon also generates a massive carbon footprint with thousands travelling - some by plane - to the location. Waste from food, packaging and goodie bags gets left behind by spectators and runners.

After last year's marathon, Westminster City Council collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling - including about 47,000 plastic bottles - from the streets.

And the council has warned that the amount is likely to increase this year, if the weather remains hot. ENDS

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1B30/production/_106606960_gettyimages-523841248.jpg.webp

CYCLISTS TAKE REUSABLE BOTTLES OF COURSE.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kddvahF1j4aU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28944&group=uk.rec.cycling#28944

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 09:03:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:03 UTC

>> Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?
>> Most strange.
>
> QUOTE: The iconic event raised £63m ($81m) for charity last year - but
> it's also known for generating lots of plastic waste, particularly
> plastic water bottles discarded by runners.
>
> Like concerts and other major events, the marathon also generates a
> massive carbon footprint with thousands travelling - some by plane - to
> the location. Waste from food, packaging and goodie bags gets left behind
> by spectators and runners.

> After last year's marathon, Westminster City Council collected 5,200kg of
> rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling - including about 47,000 plastic bottles
> - from the streets.

Try working out the carbon footprint of the series of COPs. People jet in
from all over the world (170 jets at Glasgow?), stay in $1m-a-week luxury
yachts, and all the rest, just to tell the rest of us that we have to cut
down.

> And the council has warned that the amount is likely to increase this
> year, if the weather remains hot. ENDS

> https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1B30/production/_106606960_gettyimages-523841248.jpg.webp

> CYCLISTS TAKE REUSABLE BOTTLES OF COURSE.

But not reusable gel packs, that kill deer in Richmond Park.

And don’t mention village greens…

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the road on their fairy-cycles

<kde185F1s5eU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28945&group=uk.rec.cycling#28945

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the road
on their fairy-cycles
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:36:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:36 UTC

On 27/05/2023 06:49 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

....responding to himself...

> On Friday, May 26, 2023 at 3:56:37 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> QUOTE: Hugh Brasher, Ford Chav Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a “special day when London is full of chavs-on-fairy-bikes on traffic-free roads and when air pollution levels will drop”.ENDS

>> What about the rights of people who want to pollute the air with noise and toxic fumes?
>> Think of their anguish at getting banned for a WHOLE DAY.
>
> Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?
> Most strange.

Re: Chav Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the road

<kde1ckF1s5eU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28946&group=uk.rec.cycling#28946

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
road
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:38:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:38 UTC

On 27/05/2023 09:26 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Where is the gnashing of teeth on London marathon day?
>> Most strange.
>
> QUOTE: The iconic event raised £63m ($81m) for charity last year - but it's also known for generating lots of plastic waste, particularly plastic water bottles discarded by runners.
>
> Like concerts and other major events, the marathon also generates a massive carbon footprint with thousands travelling - some by plane - to the location. Waste from food, packaging and goodie bags gets left behind by spectators and runners.
>
> After last year's marathon, Westminster City Council collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling - including about 47,000 plastic bottles - from the streets.
>
> And the council has warned that the amount is likely to increase this year, if the weather remains hot. ENDS
>
> https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/976/cpsprodpb/1B30/production/_106606960_gettyimages-523841248.jpg.webp
>
> CHAV-CYCLISTS TAKE REUSABLE BOTTLES OF COURSE.

Would *you* want to re-use a plastic bottle wilfully discarded by an
entitled chav-on-a-fairy-bike?

No, me neither.

You never know where those hands have been, especially if there are any
village greens along the route.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<f8c44cd0-165b-42b1-8b2b-8c496774068cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28950&group=uk.rec.cycling#28950

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 02:50:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:50 UTC

On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 9:26:03 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE:
> After last year's marathon, Westminster City Council collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling - including about 47,000 plastic bottles - from the streets. ENDS

RUNNING legend Paula Radcliffe fears she will only be remembered for having a poo.

She is worried her career will be overshadowed by the famous toilet incident during the 2005 London Marathon when she relieved herself in the street.

Britain’s most successful female distance runner retired from athletics after 2015’s race in the capital, with 14 international gold medals and a host of awards and records to her name.

But the former Sports Personality of the Year admitted back in 2015 she will never be able to shake off the loo story for the rest of her life.

Paula said: “It is funny because out of everything I have achieved I don’t think I will ever live it down.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kde2h5F226nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28955&group=uk.rec.cycling#28955

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 09:57:57 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:57 UTC

> A record number of cyclists are expected to ride up to 100 miles as
> London marks the 10th anniversary of what has become the biggest city
> bike festival in the world.

> It is the second year that the Ride London 100 has gone into Essex.
> Previously in went via Surrey.

> Cyclists will set off from the Victoria Embankment in waves from 6am,
> passing the 2012 velodrome and Epping Forest and head towards Braintree
> before returning home.

> Hugh Brasher, Ford Ride London event director, said Sunday would be a
> “special day when London is full of bikes on traffic-free roads and when
> air pollution levels will drop”.

That doesn’t seem to be working.

The three monitoring stations nearest to Victoria Embankment are all
showing pollution levels above those of yesterday afternoon/evening.

> https://www.standard.co.uk/news/transport/ride-london-bike-records-25-000-cyclists-essex-b1083990.html

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take to the road

<kde326F239iU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28958&group=uk.rec.cycling#28958

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take to
the road
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:07:02 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:07 UTC

On 27/05/2023 10:50 am, swldx...@gmail.com...

....pretending to be responding to himself, said:

> On Saturday, May 27, 2023 at 9:26:03 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> QUOTE:
>> After last year's marathon, Westminster City Council collected 5,200kg of rubbish and 3,500kg of recycling - including about 47,000 plastic bottles - from the streets. ENDS
>
> RUNNING legend Paula Radcliffe fears she will only be remembered for having a poo.

Same as chavs-on-fairy-bikes in Surrey Hills villages.

"Dirty bastards", as we call them in the trade (any trade of civilised
people).

> She is worried her career will be overshadowed by the famous toilet incident

What "toilet" incident?

It was, as I understand it, in the street.

> during the 2005 London Marathon when she relieved herself in the street.

Well, it IS an unusual thing to do. Though I expect you don't agree with
that, since it's probably something you do all the time.

You know what we in the trade call people like you, don't you?

> Britain’s most successful female distance runner retired from athletics after 2015’s race in the capital, with 14 international gold medals and a host of awards and records to her name.
> But the former Sports Personality of the Year admitted back in 2015 she will never be able to shake off the loo story for the rest of her life.
> Paula said: “It is funny because out of everything I have achieved I don’t think I will ever live it down.

What else did she do that would ever outshine such a deed?

Racing is totally unimportant, of course.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<16f80c02-2b1b-41ea-893f-633389658737n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28962&group=uk.rec.cycling#28962

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 03:25:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:25 UTC

Lorry drivers are being blamed for throwing urine-filled bottles and fast food rubbish onto a lay-by in Staines and turning it into a dump.

Heaps of empty cans and food packets have been seen on the grass verge of the A30 near the Crooked Billet roundabout towards the M25.

https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/article11063630.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/A30-rubbish.jpg

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kde5kmF2h5lU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28966&group=uk.rec.cycling#28966

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 10:51:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:51 UTC

> Lorry drivers are being blamed for throwing urine-filled bottles and fast
> food rubbish onto a lay-by in Staines and turning it into a dump.
>
> Heaps of empty cans and food packets have been seen on the grass verge of
> the A30 near the Crooked Billet roundabout towards the M25.
>
> https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/article11063630.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/A30-rubbish.jpg

Isn’t Surrey the county where cyclists shit in the open on village greens?

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take to the road

<kde5ohF2h2uU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28968&group=uk.rec.cycling#28968

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
the road
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:53:05 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:53 UTC

On 27/05/2023 11:25 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Lorry drivers are being blamed for throwing urine-filled bottles and fast food rubbish onto a lay-by in Staines and turning it into a dump.

They don't call it "Staines" for nothing.

> Heaps of empty cans and food packets have been seen on the grass verge of the A30 near the Crooked Billet roundabout towards the M25.
>
> https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/article11063630.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/A30-rubbish.jpg

Sounds suspiciously like some chavs-on-fairy-bikes are involved there too.

They do, after all, have form...

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chav-cyclists take to the road

<kde657F2h2uU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28970&group=uk.rec.cycling#28970

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
the road
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:59:51 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:59 UTC

On 27/05/2023 11:51 am, Spike wrote:

> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Lorry drivers are being blamed for throwing urine-filled bottles and fast
>> food rubbish onto a lay-by in Staines and turning it into a dump.
>>
>> Heaps of empty cans and food packets have been seen on the grass verge of
>> the A30 near the Crooked Billet roundabout towards the M25.
>>
>> https://i2-prod.getsurrey.co.uk/incoming/article11063630.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/A30-rubbish.jpg
>
> Isn’t Surrey the county where cyclists shit in the open on village greens?

It is, though Staines is traditionally thought of as a Middlesex place
(to the extent that that ancient county still exists).

The Surrey Hills aren't far away, though.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<8fa32edd-90cd-4227-806d-8afcc690dee3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28973&group=uk.rec.cycling#28973

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:38:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 12:38 UTC

Outrage over litter and abandoned tents on London streets after Coronation:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/royal-family/2023/05/07/TELEMMGLPICT000334756883_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqp0UK_jEh0acXsIxj-tvrXpgojZYlP8f0i9h2tPqCNsM.jpeg?imwidth=680

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kdee7lF3p4gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28978&group=uk.rec.cycling#28978

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 13:17:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 13:17 UTC

> Outrage over litter and abandoned tents on London streets after Coronation:
>
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/royal-family/2023/05/07/TELEMMGLPICT000334756883_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqp0UK_jEh0acXsIxj-tvrXpgojZYlP8f0i9h2tPqCNsM.jpeg?imwidth=680

Will you be posting pictures of the litter and ordure after this year’s
London LitterOut has finished?

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs-on-fairy-bikes take to the road

<kdejv7F4iq3U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28983&group=uk.rec.cycling#28983

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs-on-fairy-bikes
take to the road
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 15:55:35 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 14:55 UTC

> Outrage over litter and abandoned tents on London streets after Coronation:
>
> https://www.telegraph.co.uk/content/dam/royal-family/2023/05/07/TELEMMGLPICT000334756883_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqp0UK_jEh0acXsIxj-tvrXpgojZYlP8f0i9h2tPqCNsM.jpeg?imwidth=680

A reasonable enough complaint

Take your litter home with you (unless you can find space in one of the
absent litter bins which will all have been removed as an anti-terror
precaution).

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<e6ab02fd-f8d9-4c8e-8187-92abb18925fbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28988&group=uk.rec.cycling#28988

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 08:20:58 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:20 UTC

IT'S a tough life being an MP. At least it was for the chairman of the Select Committee on Transport, Huw Merriman.

On what is referred to as a fact-finding mission to assess the lack of parking provision for lorries in Kent, the minibus in which MPs were travelling pulled into a lay-by.

As he stepped off the minibus he found what he thought to be terra firma but was actually human excrement.

Oh well, at least he can claim to have first-hand knowledge of the problems associated with the lack of proper parks for hauliers. Dover TAP has been deployed 13 times this month after new Brexit regulations came in, leading to queues that could be seen from space.

Re: Chav-Ride London set to break records as 25,000 chavs take to the road on their fairy-cycles

<kdemagF4uqjU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28991&group=uk.rec.cycling#28991

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
road on their fairy-cycles
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:35:44 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:35 UTC

> IT'S a tough life being an MP. At least it was for the chairman of the Select Committee on Transport, Huw Merriman.
> On what is referred to as a fact-finding mission to assess the lack of parking provision for lorries in Kent, the minibus in which MPs were travelling pulled into a lay-by.
> As he stepped off the minibus he found what he thought to be terra firma but was actually human excrement.
> Oh well, at least he can claim to have first-hand knowledge of the problems associated with the lack of proper parks for hauliers. Dover TAP has been deployed 13 times this month after new Brexit regulations came in, leading to queues that could be seen from space.

What makes you "think" that the offending waste was left by a lorry driver?

The odds have to be far greater than it was left by a chav-cyclist.
Someone like yourself, in fact.

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<kdentdF579sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28993&group=uk.rec.cycling#28993

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
to the road
Date: 27 May 2023 16:02:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:02 UTC

> Dover TAP has been deployed 13 times this month after new Brexit
> regulations came in, leading to queues that could be seen from space.

I can see my neighbour’s ordinary garden parasol from space, so that’s not
much of a yardstick.

By which I mean it can be seen on satellite photos.

--
Spike

Re: Ride London set to break records as 25,000 cyclists take to the road

<5d307bf4-7338-4a23-a799-3216730e6762n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28998&group=uk.rec.cycling#28998

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:37:21 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:37 UTC

QUOTE : Brexit regulations came in, leading to queues that could be seen from space.ENDS

At least today's massive airport queues are hidden from space - don't want to upset the Brextards with the truth.