May a Misguided Platypus lay its Eggs in your Jockey Shorts.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

SubjectAuthor
* Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike schemeswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike schemeJNugent
+* Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike schemeswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike schemeSpike
`- Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike schemeswldx...@gmail.com

1
Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

<a09a2599-4633-43fc-b8ea-91e7e4438a59n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28893&group=uk.rec.cycling#28893

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 05:33:12 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 12:33 UTC

A bike hire scheme is set to be expanded this summer across the coast.

Adur and Worthing Councils have revealed plans to increase the number of Donkey temporary hire bikes in Worthing, as well as expanding the service to the Adur area.

The expansion will see a total of 75 bicycles available for hire across Adur and Worthing from June, 29 of which will be based in the town centres and on the coastline at Lancing, Shoreham and Southwick.

Work is already underway to bring the new bikes and holding stations to the area, with contractors preparing the bicycles for action and creating additional spaces for them to be held across Adur and Worthing.

There are currently 34 bikes located in Worthing along the promenade, Worthing and West Worthing train stations and the town hall. The existing fleet in Worthing is also being refurbished and will see additional bikes added to new locations at Brooklands Park, East Worthing Station, Sea Lane Goring and two sites on Goring Road.

Prices for the existing fleet in Worthing currently start at £1.80 for 30 minutes and memberships can be bought for those who may look to use the bikes more regularly.

Councillor Emma Evans, Adur’s cabinet member for the environment and leisure, said: “It’s really exciting to see the bike hire scheme coming to our district. As well as being a sustainable form of transport, cycling comes with many health benefits and is an option of travel we’re glad to see become more accessible through this extension.”

Councillor Dr Beccy Cooper, the leader of Worthing Borough Council, said: “Alongside the expansion of our bike hire scheme, we will be installing new bike racks in key locations such as Sea Lane Cafe and East Worthing train station. This is part of our broader commitment to a sustainable transport network for our area, where walking, cycling and public transport become the easy, affordable and preferred way to travel around our town and along the coast.”

https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23544594.adur-worthing-councils-extend-donkey-bike-scheme/

Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

<kdbphuFlsumU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28904&group=uk.rec.cycling#28904

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 14:12:30 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 26 May 2023 13:12 UTC

> A chav-bike hire scheme is set to be expanded this summer across the coast.
> Adur and Worthing Councils have revealed plans to increase the number of Donkey temporary hire fairy-bikes in Worthing, as well as expanding the service to the Adur area.
> The expansion will see a total of 75 chav-bicycles available for hire across Adur and Worthing from June, 29 of which will be based in the town centres and on the coastline at Lancing, Shoreham and Southwick.
> Work is already underway to bring the new chav-bikes and holding stations to the area, with contractors preparing the fairy-bicycles for action and creating additional spaces for them to be held across Adur and Worthing.

Chav-bike bins?

> There are currently 34 chav-bikes located in Worthing along the promenade, Worthing and West Worthing train stations and the town hall. The existing fleet in Worthing is also being refurbished and will see additional fairy-bikes added to new locations at Brooklands Park, East Worthing Station, Sea Lane Goring and two sites on Goring Road.
> Prices for the existing fleet in Worthing currently start at £1.80 for 30 minutes and memberships can be bought for those who may look to use the fairy-bikes more regularly.
> Councillor Emma Evans, Adur’s cabinet member for the environment and leisure, said: “It’s really exciting to see the chav-bike hire scheme coming to our district. As well as being a sustainable form of transport, fairy-cycling comes with many health benefits and is an option of travel we’re glad to see become more accessible through this extension.”
> Councillor Dr Beccy Cooper, the leader of Worthing Borough Council, said: “Alongside the expansion of our fairy-bike hire scheme, we will be installing new chav-bike racks in key locations such as Sea Lane Cafe and East Worthing train station. This is part of our broader commitment to a sustainable transport network for our area, where walking, fairy-cycling and public transport become the easy, affordable and preferred way to travel around our town and along the coast.”

Yeah... a LOT of good when travelling from Folkestone to Southampton, eh?

> https://www.theargus.co.uk/news/23544594.adur-worthing-councils-extend-donkey-bike-scheme/

Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

<7aefec49-9fcd-4be6-9aae-094a523626f7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28909&group=uk.rec.cycling#28909

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:01:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 15:01 UTC

QUOTE: Councillor Emma Evans, Adur’s cabinet member for the environment and leisure, said: “It’s really exciting to see the bike hire scheme coming to our district. As well as being a sustainable form of transport, cycling comes with many health benefits and is an option of travel we’re glad to see become more accessible through this extension.” ENDS

Drivers don't give a toss about any "health benefits ".

Obviously.

Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

<kdcoopFqjgnU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28927&group=uk.rec.cycling#28927

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 26 May 2023 22:05:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 26 May 2023 22:05 UTC

> QUOTE: Councillor Emma Evans, Adur’s cabinet member for the environment
> and leisure, said: “It’s really exciting to see the bike hire scheme
> coming to our district. As well as being a sustainable form of transport,
> cycling comes with many health benefits and is an option of travel we’re
> glad to see become more accessible through this extension.” ENDS
>
> Drivers don't give a toss about any "health benefits ".
>
> Obviously.

Rates of the major diseases are very similar when cycle-mad Holland is
compared to the lardarse UK.
So where are the health benefits of cycling?

--
Spike

Re: Adur and Worthing Councils to extend Donkey bike scheme

<a7d15944-44f0-4388-8d59-66900af2ef85n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28932&group=uk.rec.cycling#28932

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 22:53:32 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 05:53 UTC

QUOTE: Work is already underway to bring the new bikes and holding stations to the area, with contractors preparing the bicycles for action and creating additional spaces for them to be held across Adur and Worthing. ENDS

Don't forget to paint them in hi-vis otherwise this will happen again.

https://southwarknews.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/blur-1-e1678820650684.jpeg