Learn from other people's mistakes, you don't have time to make your own.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

SubjectAuthor
* “They’re essentially locking down”: Residentsswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: “They’re essentially locking downJNugent
+* Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Resideswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: “They’re essentiallySpike
|`* Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Resideswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: “They’re essentiallySpike
| +- Re: “They’re essentially locking downJNugent
| `* Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Resideswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: “They’re essentiallySpike
|  +- Re: “They’re essentially locking downJNugent
|  `* Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Resideswldx...@gmail.com
|   `- Re: “They’re essentiallySpike
+- Well Done, Harrogate Borough Council!Spike

1
“They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<56734dd7-d048-46e8-bad5-c1f9bb57555an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28911&group=uk.rec.cycling#28911

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:06:58 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: “They’re_essentially_locking_down”:_Residents_
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 15:06 UTC

Residents have criticised “ridiculous” traffic restrictions which will allegedly cause gridlock and other disruptions in Dumfries, host to the Para-Cycling event at the UCI Cycling World Championships later this year in August.

Residents in parts of the Scottish town complained that they will not have access to the street between 7AM and 6PM on August 9 and 10, with some saying that they’ll be forced to park their cars at a nearby Tesco overnight, the Daily Record (link is external) reported.

Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident said: “First of all I want to point out that I am all for these events coming to Dumfries. But give us reasonable solutions for getting around while it’s on. The restrictions that will be placed on us as residents for the duration of it are unacceptable, impractical and ridiculous.”

“When I first looked at this I thought ‘Okay I can deal with that’. But the more I’ve looked into it the more ridiculous it is,” she added.

Some of the areas affected by the restrictions will include Maxwelltown and Summerhill. Mitchell, a resident of Summerville Crescent, pointed out that there will be no vehicle access to a medical practice nearby and anyone attending the surgery will need to park at Tesco and walk.

Similarly, those in Barnhill will face a limited window of time to take their cars out. The council website mentions that there will be no vehicle access between 9:15AM and 6PM.

Mitchell said: “They’re essentially locking down Dumfries. They might as well shut the whole of Dumfries for two full days because gridlock is going to happen. The Whitesands, Glasgow Street, Terregles Street and Lochfield are completely cut off from 6AM to 6PM.

“When I challenged them on how we get to work, visit elderly relatives or do the shopping, the comment I got back was that you can walk. Or I can park my vehicle in Tesco’s car park.”

Some others in Summerville Crescent also shared her views. One person said: “I’m all for bringing money to the region with big events like this but not at the expense of residents. I’ve got two kids I need to drop off at childcare before I start work so this will have a severe impact on me. I finish work at 2.45PM. What am I supposed to do for just over three hours before the road reopens? I don’t think enough thought has been given to this.”

Another resident added: “Me and my partner have health and mobility issues and I care for my mum who is out of town. I can’t drag my kids up at 5am just so we can get out before these restrictions. It’s not reasonable.”

This year will mark the inaugural edition of Cycling World Championships when all of UCI’s events will take place at one place, with Scotland playing the host to the mega-event. The Para-Cycling Road Championships will take place in Dumfries and Galloway from August 9 to 13.

But this is not the first time that a UCI’s cycling event has faced a backlash in Britain. When the Road World Championships took place in Harrogate in 2019, residents and businessmen were not the most pleased either. Town centre traders said they suffered a drop in earnings due to road closures, while residents said the event caused disruption to their daily lives..

A council report found that the Championships “closed Harrogate town centre for a month” and the impact it had on the city, which hosted the finish of the races, was ‘unacceptable’.

The report also made a number of recommendations including ensuring greater involvement of local businesses and residents prior to the North Yorkshire hosting large events in the future.

However, another economic impact assessment report published in February 2020 showed a massive economic boost to the North Yorkshire town due to the event, as cycling fans who flocked to Harrogate for last September’s UCI Road World Championships spent a combined total of £22.5 million during their visit.

But the “ill-feeling” due to the event, as described by the Tour de Yorkshire organiser hoping to revive the popular stage race, was so widespread that Harrogate Borough Council made it clear that it does not intend to host any road cycling events in the near future.

In 2021, another social impact evaluation commissioned by British Cycling, Sport England and UK Sport, found that: “There were also some negative consequences of the Road World Championships expressed by host community residents surveyed, particularly in Harrogate, where respondents were critical of the inconvenience and disruption due to the prolonged road closures compared with other host locations such as Doncaster and Leeds.

“The event was seen to have had a major disruptive impact on the community in Harrogate, which is illustrated starkly by Harrogate Borough Council's decision to refrain temporarily from hosting major events of this scale.”

https://road.cc/content/news/dumfries-residents-angered-restrictions-para-cycling-worlds-301493

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships

<kdc5fvFno4gU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28913&group=uk.rec.cycling#28913

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: “They’re essentially locking down
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 17:36:15 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 26 May 2023 16:36 UTC

> Residents have criticised “ridiculous” traffic restrictions which will allegedly cause gridlock and other disruptions in Dumfries, host to the Para-Chav-Cycling event at the UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships later this year in August.
> Residents in parts of the Scottish town complained that they will not have access to the street between 7AM and 6PM on August 9 and 10, with some saying that they’ll be forced to park their cars at a nearby Tesco overnight, the Daily Record (link is external) reported.
> Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident said: “First of all I want to point out that I am all for these events coming to Dumfries. But give us reasonable solutions for getting around while it’s on. The restrictions that will be placed on us as residents for the duration of it are unacceptable, impractical and ridiculous.”
> “When I first looked at this I thought ‘Okay I can deal with that’. But the more I’ve looked into it the more ridiculous it is,” she added.
> Some of the areas affected by the restrictions will include Maxwelltown and Summerhill. Mitchell, a resident of Summerville Crescent, pointed out that there will be no vehicle access to a medical practice nearby and anyone attending the surgery will need to park at Tesco and walk.
> Similarly, those in Barnhill will face a limited window of time to take their cars out. The council website mentions that there will be no vehicle access between 9:15AM and 6PM.
> Mitchell said: “They’re essentially locking down Dumfries. They might as well shut the whole of Dumfries for two full days because gridlock is going to happen. The Whitesands, Glasgow Street, Terregles Street and Lochfield are completely cut off from 6AM to 6PM.
> “When I challenged them on how we get to work, visit elderly relatives or do the shopping, the comment I got back was that you can walk. Or I can park my vehicle in Tesco’s car park.”
> Some others in Summerville Crescent also shared her views. One person said: “I’m all for bringing money to the region with big events like this but not at the expense of residents. I’ve got two kids I need to drop off at childcare before I start work so this will have a severe impact on me. I finish work at 2.45PM. What am I supposed to do for just over three hours before the road reopens? I don’t think enough thought has been given to this.”
> Another resident added: “Me and my partner have health and mobility issues and I care for my mum who is out of town. I can’t drag my kids up at 5am just so we can get out before these restrictions. It’s not reasonable.”

But residents everywhere need to be aware: Don't be shocked. This was
always planned. Chav-cyclists and their sphincter-licking acolytes could
not care less about you. You just don't matter.

> This year will mark the inaugural edition of Chav-Cycling World Championships when all of UCI’s events will take place at one place, with Scotland playing the host to the mega-event. The Para-Chav-Cycling Road Championships will take place in Dumfries and Galloway from August 9 to 13.
> But this is not the first time that a UCI’s cycling event has faced a backlash in Britain. When the Road World Championships took place in Harrogate in 2019, residents and businessmen were not the most pleased either. Town centre traders said they suffered a drop in earnings due to road closures, while residents said the event caused disruption to their daily lives.

But what do normal people matter, eh?

> A council report found that the Championships “closed Harrogate town centre for a month” and the impact it had on the city, which hosted the finish of the races, was ‘unacceptable’.
> The report also made a number of recommendations including ensuring greater involvement of local businesses and residents prior to the North Yorkshire hosting large events in the future.
> However, another economic impact assessment report published in February 2020 showed a massive economic boost to the North Yorkshire town due to the event, as cycling fan chavs who flocked to Harrogate for last September’s UCI Road World Championships spent a combined total of £22.5 million during their visit.
> But the “ill-feeling” due to the event, as described by the Tour de Yorkshire organiser hoping to revive the popular stage race, was so widespread that Harrogate Borough Council made it clear that it does not intend to host any road chav-cycling events in the near future.
> In 2021, another social impact evaluation commissioned by British Chav-Cycling, Sport England and UK Sport, found that: “There were also some negative consequences of the Road World Championships expressed by host community residents surveyed, particularly in Harrogate, where respondents were critical of the inconvenience and disruption due to the prolonged road closures compared with other host locations such as Doncaster and Leeds.
> “The event was seen to have had a major disruptive impact on the community in Harrogate, which is illustrated starkly by Harrogate Borough Council's decision to refrain temporarily from hosting major events of this scale.”
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/dumfries-residents-angered-restrictions-para-cycling-worlds-301493

Chavs on fairy-bikes are firmly of the opinion that they are the only
creatures that matter.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<afa68bb6-c2ac-472f-ae4c-7b1f9cc8cdben@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28916&group=uk.rec.cycling#28916

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 09:58:57 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_“They’re_essentially_locking_down”:_Reside
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 16:58 UTC

quiff | 1117 posts | 2 hours ago
2 likes

And only 3 months' notice to make alternative arrangements...

:-)

Well Done, Harrogate Borough Council!

<kdcoopFqjgnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28924&group=uk.rec.cycling#28924

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Well Done, Harrogate Borough Council!
Date: 26 May 2023 22:05:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 26 May 2023 22:05 UTC

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kdcoopFqjgnU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28925&group=uk.rec.cycling#28925

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: “They’re essentially
Date: 26 May 2023 22:05:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 26 May 2023 22:05 UTC

> quiff | 1117 posts | 2 hours ago
> 2 likes
>
> And only 3 months' notice to make alternative arrangements...
>
> :-)

There are events in life that one can’t plan three months ahead for. At
least that’s so in the real world.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<820e9397-fd80-426f-abe6-9c4fb86b1690n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28934&group=uk.rec.cycling#28934

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 22:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 05:58 UTC

billymansell | 204 posts | 12 hours ago
3 likes

Mitchell said: “They’re essentially locking down Dumfries. They might as well shut the whole of Dumfries for two full days because gridlock is going to happen.

Don't worry Mitchell, every other day of the year you can be stuck in gridlocked motor traffic to your heart's content.

“When I challenged them on how we get to work, visit elderly relatives or do the shopping...".

It's really spooky how whenever someone is given months' notice of a road closure it is always that one day that they visit elderly relatives or go shopping, not the day before nor the day after but the exact day. Freaky.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kddrmrF1273U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28937&group=uk.rec.cycling#28937

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 08:01:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 08:01 UTC

> billymansell | 204 posts | 12 hours ago
> 3 likes
>
> Mitchell said: “They’re essentially locking down Dumfries. They might as
> well shut the whole of Dumfries for two full days because gridlock is going to happen.
>
> Don't worry Mitchell, every other day of the year you can be stuck in
> gridlocked motor traffic to your heart's content.
>
> “When I challenged them on how we get to work, visit elderly relatives or
> do the shopping...".

> It's really spooky how whenever someone is given months' notice of a road
> closure it is always that one day that they visit elderly relatives or go
> shopping, not the day before nor the day after but the exact day. Freaky.

Not really. People’s lives, as you may have noticed, don’t always run to a
smooth timetable. People don’t give months of notice that they are going to
jump off a bridge, for example.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<4108036e-0d32-44c8-86ad-aafec2195366n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28940&group=uk.rec.cycling#28940

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 01:27:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 08:27 UTC

Boopop | 193 posts | 17 hours ago
6 likes

News flash: Carbrains equate not being able to drive somewhere with being "locked down". More at ten.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kddv98F1isoU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28943&group=uk.rec.cycling#28943

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 09:02:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:02 UTC

> Boopop | 193 posts | 17 hours ago
> 6 likes
>
> News flash: Carbrains equate not being able to drive somewhere with being
> "locked down". More at ten.

Look what happens when you try to keep cyclists off pavements. They don’t
like it up ‘em.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kde1gaF1s5eU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28947&group=uk.rec.cycling#28947

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:40:26 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:40 UTC

On 27/05/2023 06:58 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> billymansell | 204 posts | 12 hours ago
> 3 likes
>
> Mitchell said: “They’re essentially locking down Dumfries. They might as well shut the whole of Dumfries for two full days because gridlock is going to happen.
>
> Don't worry Mitchell, every other day of the year you can be stuck in gridlocked motor traffic to your heart's content.

In *Dumfries*?

Are you quite right in the head?

[Rhetorical.]

[Four syllables. Look it up.]

> “When I challenged them on how we get to work, visit elderly relatives or do the shopping...".
>
> It's really spooky how whenever someone is given months' notice of a road closure it is always that one day that they visit elderly relatives or go shopping, not the day before nor the day after but the exact day. Freaky.

How about getting to the doctor's surgery?

Or, God forbid, a hospital in emergency?

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<64aada22-fe59-4a5c-9b23-a5200899f4b6n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28951&group=uk.rec.cycling#28951

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 02:51:45 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:51 UTC

My wife took a secondary school group out cycling yesterday in 'shared spaces' and she came back thoroughly depressed due to constant nasty comments from arsehole pedestrians and dogwalkers. Live in a country full of arseholes unfortunately.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships

<kde2o7F239iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28956&group=uk.rec.cycling#28956

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:01:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:01 UTC

On 27/05/2023 10:51 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> My wife

Is she still with you? She forgave you for finding her Gatso FPN so
hilarious that time, did she?

> took a secondary school group out cycling yesterday in 'shared spaces' and she came back thoroughly depressed due to constant nasty comments from arsehole pedestrians and dogwalkers.

Normal people trying to use the footway for its intended purpose and
being put in danger by a horde of chavs on fairy-bikes riding along it
in a mob?

How unreasonable!

> Live in a country full of arseholes unfortunately.

Exactly!

We need to get them off their chav-bikes and for them to start acting
like normal people.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kde334F24qbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28959&group=uk.rec.cycling#28959

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 10:07:32 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:07 UTC

> My wife took a secondary school group out cycling yesterday in 'shared
> spaces' and she came back thoroughly depressed due to constant nasty
> comments from arsehole pedestrians and dogwalkers. Live in a country full
> of arseholes unfortunately.

Unfortunately, the over-riding proportion of cyclists that are arseholes
gets the other 5% a bad name.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<0dee5c38-2120-46eb-8d9d-d1a275bd98d4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28963&group=uk.rec.cycling#28963

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 03:26:09 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:26 UTC

Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident said: “First of all I want to point out that I am all for these events coming to Dumfries. But..."

What? No "I'm a keen cyclist myself..."?

:-)

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kde5kmF2h5lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28965&group=uk.rec.cycling#28965

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 10:51:02 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:51 UTC

> Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident said: “First of all I want to
> point out that I am all for these events coming to Dumfries. But..."
>
> What? No "I'm a keen cyclist myself..."?
>
> :-)

Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident, just happens to think, doubtless
with many others, that things could be better organised.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships

<kde5loF2h2uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28967&group=uk.rec.cycling#28967

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 11:51:36 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 10:51 UTC

On 27/05/2023 11:26 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Michelle Mitchell, a Dumfries resident said: “First of all I want to point out that I am all for these events coming to Dumfries. But..."
>
> What? No "I'm a keen chav-cyclist myself..."?
>
> :-)

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<f8edebfe-2aee-479e-8a79-06a0e921cc8dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28971&group=uk.rec.cycling#28971

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:31:48 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 12:31 UTC

QUOTE: Or I can park my vehicle in Tesco’s car park.” ENDS

Why didn't you say you had a free parking option you pathetic whinger?

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kdeec6F3qrjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28980&group=uk.rec.cycling#28980

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 13:20:06 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 13:20 UTC

> QUOTE: Or I can park my vehicle in Tesco’s car park.” ENDS

> Why didn't you say you had a free parking option you pathetic whinger?

How do you know what Tesco’s parking policy is?

They may have one of any number of systems in place.

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<698e5fce-0ca3-445f-a5ab-8ee14aa9e616n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28985&group=uk.rec.cycling#28985

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 08:15:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:15 UTC

QUOTE: there will be no vehicle access to a medical practice nearby and anyone attending the surgery will need to park at Tesco and walk. ENDS

That's what everyone who goes shopping there does anyway!
Jesus - what a feeble melt.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships

<kdemevF4uqjU4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28992&group=uk.rec.cycling#28992

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:38:08 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:38 UTC

> QUOTE: there will be no vehicle access to a medical practice nearby and anyone attending the surgery will need to park at Tesco and walk. ENDS
>
> That's what everyone who goes shopping there does anyway!
> Jesus - what a feeble melt.

You "think" that everyone attending a doctor's surgery is able to walk
extended distances unaided, do you?

Could *you* do that in the immediate aftermath of your short "flight"?

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<5d33bd61-662c-404c-aa34-0e699b74a9d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28997&group=uk.rec.cycling#28997

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:35:04 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:35 UTC

QUOTE: . I’ve got two kids I need to drop off at childcare before I start work so this will have a severe impact on me. I finish work at 2.45PM ENDS

Stop the world - some entitled Karen is on the school run in August .

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Chav-Cycling World Championships

<kdermkF5njlU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29006&group=uk.rec.cycling#29006

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 18:07:32 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 17:07 UTC

> QUOTE: . I’ve got two kids I need to drop off at childcare before I start work so this will have a severe impact on me. I finish work at 2.45PM ENDS
>
> Stop the world - some entitled Karen is on the school run in August .

Tell you what...

Why don't you do something constructive?

Offer to take her children to school to save her the journey.

Better not tell her about your ambitions to "fly", though.

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<0b99eb8c-8a55-4076-8c17-bd482ced36bbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29010&group=uk.rec.cycling#29010

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:36:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 17:36 UTC

Now then - here is a hopportunity for these carbrains to try some social logic, in the form of: if not being able to drive is equivalent to a punishing lockdown then I must go to those withoot a car to offer lifts aboot the place, at the time of their choosing and to the places they wish to go.

Of course, carbrains don't do logic; and definitely not any kind of activity other than that practiced by selfcentred little skinbags stuffed with a self-righteous certainty concerning their vast importance, as well as the utter irrelevance of the wishes or needs of them other folk, who should all just GET OUT OF MY WAY. 1

When I be dictator, their cars will be confiscated so as to provide a valuable life lesson; and to free them from their slavery to the moneypit stinking murder machine. Perhaps they will acquire "the fervour of the converted" for cycling or even walking aboot?

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Reside nts angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<kdf0q5F6i5uU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29013&group=uk.rec.cycling#29013

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 18:34:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 18:34 UTC

> Now then - here is a hopportunity for these carbrains to try some social
> logic, in the form of: if not being able to drive is equivalent to a
> punishing lockdown then I must go to those withoot a car to offer lifts
> aboot the place, at the time of their choosing and to the places they wish to go.
>
> Of course, carbrains don't do logic; and definitely not any kind of
> activity other than that practiced by selfcentred little skinbags stuffed
> with a self-righteous certainty concerning their vast importance, as well
> as the utter irrelevance of the wishes or needs of them other folk, who
> should all just GET OUT OF MY WAY. 1
>
> When I be dictator, their cars will be confiscated so as to provide a
> valuable life lesson; and to free them from their slavery to the moneypit
> stinking murder machine. Perhaps they will acquire "the fervour of the
> converted" for cycling or even walking aboot?

🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️🧚‍♀️

--
Spike

Re: “They’re essentially locking down”: Residents angry at “ridiculous” traffic restrictions ahead of UCI Cycling World Championships

<3cc76008-e161-4291-99d2-7756c9db3632n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29015&group=uk.rec.cycling#29015

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 12:00:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 19:00 UTC

Ken in BC | 2 posts | 1 hour ago
0 likes

Reading the Isle of Wight "news", I am always astonished at the vitriolic anti-cycling comments made there, as well, whenever a cycling event is contemplated or being reported upon. A sad situation indeed. Cheers

From fat sad bastards who voted UKIP in a futile attempt to turn the clock back 50 years when they still had hair.