From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: The form horses
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 08:28:38 +0100
 by: John Hall - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 07:28 UTC

So far, India and NZ seem to be the form horses for this tournament. All
the other pre-tournament favourites have had at least one below par
performance, but those two sides have so far swept all before them. NZ
always seem to be able to raise their game for these big events. It's
particularly impressive this time, as they suffered the blow of losing
Williamson again almost as soon as they had him back. The India v NZ
match on Sunday will be fascinating, and could be a preview of the
Final.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: The form horses

<ugr4fl$aj7p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28936&group=uk.sport.cricket#28936

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: The form horses
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2023 04:38:28 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Thu, 19 Oct 2023 11:38 UTC

On 10/19/2023 12:28 AM, John Hall wrote:
> So far, India and NZ seem to be the form horses for this tournament. All
> the other pre-tournament favourites have had at least one below par
> performance, but those two sides have so far swept all before them. NZ
> always seem to be able to raise their game for these big events. It's
> particularly impressive this time, as they suffered the blow of losing
> Williamson again almost as soon as they had him back.

Yep, that was sheer bad luck for Kane Williamson. He got injured while
fielding on the VERY FIRST DAY of IPL in April and came back from
injury, played excellent in his first outing and injured himself again.

What are the ODDS of getting INJURED twice on the very first day of a
tournament and again in the FIRST MATCH he played after five months.

>The India v NZ
> match on Sunday will be fascinating, and could be a preview of the Final.

Law of averages will catch up with both teams.

Australia, England, Pak and SA are still in contention.

India and NZ might have peaked too early too.

Long way to go to conclude it could be NZ vs India finals.

Honestly I want India to lose a match or two before reaching Semi finals
to get rid of the law of averages.

There is NO way India can WIN EVERY MATCH in this tournament and WIN the
FINALS. Odds are VERY LOW.

Shardul Thakur is the WEAK LINK in Indian team. Neither performing with
ball nor with the bat.

Hardik Pandya got injured today too.

Teams which are injury free and at full strength and that PEAK in the
late stages will have the best chance to WIN the finals.