Murphy's Law of Research: Enough research will tend to support your theory.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

SubjectAuthor
* TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone inswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phoneswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at chav-cyclist as he usedJNugent
|`- Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phoneswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phoneswldx...@gmail.com
 `- Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at chav-cyclist as he usedJNugent

1
TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<a6feb6d5-a934-4152-a7b8-555698d59538n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28890&group=uk.rec.cycling#28890

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 05:24:01 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in
his Aston Martin
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 12:24 UTC

TV executive Jimmy Mulville swore and made a rude gesture towards a cyclist after being caught on camera using his mobile phone while driving his £140,000 Aston Martin.

The 68-year-old comedian who co-founded Hat Trick Productions reacted angrily after he was caught out checking a text as he drove over on Battersea Bridge last July.

Discovering he had been spotted, Mulville “flipped the bird” and shouted “go f*** yourself” towards cyclist Mike van Erp, City of London magistrates court heard.

Mulville, who came into comedy through the famous Cambridge footlights, is behind hit TV shows including Have I Got News For You, Room 101, FaceJacker, and Father Ted in his role at the helm of Hat Trick.

He was prosecuted for an offence of driving while using his mobile phone over the incident on July 29, 2022.

Mulville was absent from his trial due to illness but represented by a lawyer, as magistrates found him guilty of the offence. He was ordered to pay a £1000 fine, £625 in costs, a £400 court fee, and he received six points on his licence.

The court heard Mulville was previously banned from driving in 2020, and has another three points on his licence from October last year for a speeding offence.

Mr van Erp told the court he has reported around 1,100 motorists for driving offences in the last five years, including many for using their mobile phones while driving. He was involved in the high-profile prosecutions of film director Guy Ritchie and ex-champion boxer Chris Eubank.

He was cycling home when he noticed Mulville’s Aston Martin Rapide not keeping up with queueing traffic moving forward, then accelerating sharply – behaviour he referred to as the “WhatsApp gap”.

“I commented to myself it was symptomatic of a distracted driver and I wondered if he was on the phone”, he said.

“I stopped next to the driver’s side window of the Aston Martin, I saw the driver was busy typing on the phone.”

Mr van Erp said he saw the driver “typing with both hands”, before quickly shutting down the app he was using when he spotted he was being watched.

“At this point he flipped me the bird and mouthed to me something rude”, he said. “I believe it was ‘go f*** yourself’.”

Mulville was represented by Freeman and Co, the law firm of ‘Mr Loophole’ Nick Freeman, and in pre-trial correspondence he challenged much of the evidence put forward by the Met Police, including the suggestion he had been caught using his phone.

However at trial, his barrister Sam Thomas conceded Mulville admits using his phone to look at a text.

“This was entirely out of character for him”, said Mr Thomas. “At the time, there were family concerns and he did look at the phone to look at a text message.”

Mulville, who lives in Kensington, accepted being the driver when written to by the Met Police last summer. He was prosecuted after not paying a Fixed Penalty fine.

He now has 28 days to pay the penalties imposed by magistrates.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/crime/jimmy-mulville-hat-trick-productions-fined-cyclist-mike-van-erp-b1083790.html

Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<f26e9ba2-c1de-45f8-8951-222beec8c3fen@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28912&group=uk.rec.cycling#28912

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 08:34:36 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone
in his Aston Martin
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 15:34 UTC

QUOTE: Mulville was represented by Freeman and Co, the law firm of ‘Mr Loophole’ Nick Freeman, and in pre-trial correspondence he challenged much of the evidence put forward by the Met Police, including the suggestion he had been caught using his phone.

However at trial, his barrister Sam Thomas conceded Mulville admits using his phone to look at a text.ENDS

OH DEAR - NOT THE BRIGHTEST BULB!

Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at chav-cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<kdc5k7Fno4gU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28914&group=uk.rec.cycling#28914

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at chav-cyclist as he used
phone in his Aston Martin
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 17:38:31 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 26 May 2023 16:38 UTC

> QUOTE: Mulville was represented by Freeman and Co, the law firm of ‘Mr Loophole’ Nick Freeman, and in pre-trial correspondence he challenged much of the evidence put forward by the Met Police, including the suggestion he had been caught using his phone.
> However at trial, his barrister Sam Thomas conceded Mulville admits using his phone to look at a text.ENDS
>
> OH DEAR - NOT THE BRIGHTEST BULB!

He has a BA (Hons) from Jesus College, Cambridge.

What have you got (other then your diploma in Advanced Brush Handling
and the CSE in Mop-Wringing)?

Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<b3f2b7a2-6fe4-415b-b76f-dde033436babn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28917&group=uk.rec.cycling#28917

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 26 May 2023 10:01:34 -0700 (PDT)
in his Aston Martin
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 26 May 2023 17:01 UTC

QUOTE: Discovering he had been spotted, Mulville “flipped the bird” and shouted “go f*** yourself” towards cyclist Mike van Erp, City of London magistrates court heard. ENDS

Nothing more than a potty-mouthed chav posing as knobhead in a car breaking the law and getting caught.

Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at chav-cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<kde1mgF1s5eU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28949&group=uk.rec.cycling#28949

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
phone in his Aston Martin
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 10:43:44 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:43 UTC

> QUOTE: Discovering he had been spotted, Mulville “flipped the bird” and shouted “go f*** yourself” towards fairy-cyclist Mike van Twerp, City of London magistrates court heard. ENDS

What was wrong with that?

Re: TV comedy boss Jimmy Mulville swore at cyclist as he used phone in his Aston Martin

<5b02d13d-6cb7-4a06-acb5-e6d4bc19b329n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28954&group=uk.rec.cycling#28954

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 02:55:21 -0700 (PDT)
in his Aston Martin
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 09:55 UTC

QUOTE: Mulville was represented by Freeman and Co, the law firm of ‘Mr Loophole’ Nick Freeman. ENDS

Mr Arsehole fails yet again.