Youth of today! Join me in a mass rally for traditional mental attitudes!

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

SubjectAuthor
* Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchesterswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in ManchesterJNugent
`* Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchesterswldx...@gmail.com
 +* Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in ManchesterJNugent
 |`- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in ManchesterSpike
 `- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchesterswldx...@gmail.com

1
Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<3bbb1854-977d-404e-89b5-7a8a45b4f777n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28976&group=uk.rec.cycling#28976

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 05:48:09 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 12:48 UTC

A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a cyclist was killed in a crash with a heavy goods vehicle.

Greater Manchester Police said the 19-year-old died at the scene after the collision on Great Bridgewater Street in Manchester at about 12:00 BST.

It said a 55-year-old man was being held in police custody for questioning.

A force representative said "collision investigators" wanted to hear from anyone who witnessed the crash.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-65699135

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<kdek1mF4iq3U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28984&group=uk.rec.cycling#28984

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 15:56:54 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 14:56 UTC

> A man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving after a cyclist was killed in a crash with a heavy goods vehicle.
>
> Greater Manchester Police said the 19-year-old died at the scene after the collision on Great Bridgewater Street in Manchester at about 12:00 BST.
>
> It said a 55-year-old man was being held in police custody for questioning.
>
> A force representative said "collision investigators" wanted to hear from anyone who witnessed the crash.
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-65699135

ANOTHER one, or the same one you posted about days ago?

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<23f08a48-9709-48f6-9779-7110e4a316b3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28989&group=uk.rec.cycling#28989

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 08:22:30 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:22 UTC

Greater Manchester Police collision investigators are appealing for information after a cyclist died in Manchester city centre yesterday (Wednesday).

A 19-year-old male was cycling along Great Bridgewater Street at around midday when he was in collision with a heavy goods vehicle near the junction with Watson Street.

Emergency services attended, but the cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 55-year-man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.

Anyone with any information about this incident, or any dashcam/CCTV footage from the area at the time, should contact GMP's Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting log 1454-24/5/23.

Meanwhile, a separate appeal for information follows another road traffic collision on Fairfield Street in the city centre.

At around 1.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), police were called to reports of a collision involving a heavy goods vehicle and a pedal-cycle.

A male in his 30s was taken to hospital with serious injuries that are believed to be life-threatening.

Constable Oliver Batty, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are appealing to members of public and other motorists who may have been travelling along Fairfield Street at the time of this collision..

“It is an extremely busy area of Manchester and any information, no matter how small, may assist the investigation.

“I appeal directly to anyone who may have witnessed this or to anyone who has dash-cam or CCTV footage relating to this incident.”

Information can be shared by calling the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting incident number 1886 of 24/05/2023.

Information can also be reported online or by using the LiveChat function at: www.gmp.police.uk

If you can't report online, call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<kdem70F4uqjU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28990&group=uk.rec.cycling#28990

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 16:33:52 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 27 May 2023 15:33 UTC

> Greater Manchester Police collision investigators are appealing for information after a cyclist died in Manchester city centre yesterday (Wednesday).
> A 19-year-old male was cycling along Great Bridgewater Street at around midday when he was in collision with a heavy goods vehicle near the junction with Watson Street.
> Emergency services attended, but the cyclist was pronounced dead at the scene.
> A 55-year-man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.
> Anyone with any information about this incident, or any dashcam/CCTV footage from the area at the time, should contact GMP's Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting log 1454-24/5/23.
> Meanwhile, a separate appeal for information follows another road traffic collision on Fairfield Street in the city centre.
> At around 1.30pm yesterday (Wednesday), police were called to reports of a collision involving a heavy goods vehicle and a pedal-cycle.
> A male in his 30s was taken to hospital with serious injuries that are believed to be life-threatening.
> Constable Oliver Batty, from the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “We are appealing to members of public and other motorists who may have been travelling along Fairfield Street at the time of this collision.
> “It is an extremely busy area of Manchester and any information, no matter how small, may assist the investigation.
> “I appeal directly to anyone who may have witnessed this or to anyone who has dash-cam or CCTV footage relating to this incident.”
> Information can be shared by calling the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 0161 856 4741 quoting incident number 1886 of 24/05/2023.
> Information can also be reported online or by using the LiveChat function at: www.gmp.police.uk
> If you can't report online, call 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

That is at least the THIRD time that you have posted the same "news" item.

Are you suffering from short-term memory loss?

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<kdeojeF5aepU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28994&group=uk.rec.cycling#28994

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 27 May 2023 16:14:38 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:14 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 27/05/2023 04:22 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> Greater Manchester Police collision investigators are appealing for
>> information after a cyclist died in Manchester city centre yesterday (Wednesday).

> That is at least the THIRD time that you have posted the same "news" item.

> Are you suffering from short-term memory loss?

You might have to repeat that a few times…

--
Spike

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in HGV crash in Manchester

<1a4cce5f-f51b-4058-b807-2ed544d71911n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29000&group=uk.rec.cycling#29000

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 27 May 2023 09:39:28 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 27 May 2023 16:39 UTC

QUOTE: A 55-year-man has been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving.. ENDS

Get Mr Arsehole involved - he might get a dangerous driving plea to stick with his recent luck.