Avoid reality at all costs.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Prescription Failure

SubjectAuthor
* Prescription FailureHymermut
+* Re: Prescription FailureJohn Williamson
|`* Re: Prescription FailureJohn Williamson
| `* Re: Prescription FailureHymermut
|  `- Re: Prescription FailureJohn Williamson
+* Re: Prescription FailureTease'n'Seize
|`* Re: Prescription FailureMike Fleming
| `- Re: Prescription FailureTease'n'Seize
`* Re: Prescription FailureAwchy
 `* Re: Prescription FailureHymermut
  `* Re: Prescription FailureAhem A Rivet's Shot
   `* Re: Prescription FailureHymermut
    `- Re: Prescription FailureBernard Peek

1
Prescription Failure

<uivj8m$16pnh$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28977&group=uk.rec.sheds#28977

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Prescription Failure
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:47:48 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 10:47 UTC

How do we cope with a GP practice that is falling well below standard?
They want us to order repeat prescriptions through the NHS App. I tried
it. Nowt happened. Turns out the app is only as good as those who read it.

They delay issue of prescriptions for five working days anyway. Why?

Because the pharmacist doesn't have the items in stock, it can take
seven or eight working days to receive the items by the time their order
is delivered.

I discussed this with the pharmacist. He suggested I put in the orders
through them and they can then order the stuff so that it is in stock
when the prescription comes back from the GP.

I put in a repeat order through them for dressings on Friday 3rd. It is
now seven working days and I have run out. I phoned the pharmacist. They
haven't received the prescription back from the GP yet.

"But do you have them in stock?"

"Er, no. The order hasn't been processed!"

The prospective X^6 or whatever she is over in Leeds gets her repeat
prescriptions automatically delivered every Monday, without having to
order them.

I'm wondering if there is some sort of medical ombudsman I can have a
chat with about this.

Tone

Re: Prescription Failure

<krh5l1FcsreU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28984&group=uk.rec.sheds#28984

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Prescription Failure
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:57:20 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 11:57 UTC

On 14/11/2023 10:47, Hymermut wrote:

> I'm wondering if there is some sort of medical ombudsman I can have a
> chat with about this.

Your local health department have a complaints department,and if you
click on this link, you will get a Word Document of the complaints
policy with a complaints form you can print hidden in an appendix.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwic25fxtMOCAxUHgP0HHRDuB6EQFnoECA0QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yorkshirehealthnetwork.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F04%2FComplaints-Policy.docx&usg=AOvVaw0ahV66UGq-boc74UDzn3_Y&opi=89978449

When that does no good, "The complainant, or their representative, can
complain about any aspect of care or treatment they received at YHN to:
YHN via the complaints manager. NHS England: Telephone 03003 112233,
email england.contactus@nhs.net or in writing: NHS England, PO Box
16738, Redditch, B97 9PT."

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Prescription Failure

<krh74fFd76kU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28989&group=uk.rec.sheds#28989

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:22:39 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:22 UTC

On 14/11/2023 11:57, John Williamson wrote:
> On 14/11/2023 10:47, Hymermut wrote:
>
>> I'm wondering if there is some sort of medical ombudsman I can have a
>> chat with about this.
>>
> Your local health department have a complaints department,and if you
> click on this link, you will get a Word Document of the complaints
> policy with a complaints form you can print hidden in an appendix.
>
> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwic25fxtMOCAxUHgP0HHRDuB6EQFnoECA0QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yorkshirehealthnetwork.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F04%2FComplaints-Policy.docx&usg=AOvVaw0ahV66UGq-boc74UDzn3_Y&opi=89978449
>

> When that does no good, "The complainant, or their representative, can
> complain about any aspect of care or treatment they received at YHN to:
> YHN via the complaints manager. NHS England: Telephone 03003 112233,
> email england.contactus@nhs.net or in writing: NHS England, PO Box
> 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT."

The main contact page is here:>-

https://www.yorkshirehealthnetwork.co.uk/contact-us/

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Prescription Failure

<uivp3o$17fkt$3@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28992&group=uk.rec.sheds#28992

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:27:34 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:27 UTC

On 14/11/2023 12:22, John Williamson wrote:
> On 14/11/2023 11:57, John Williamson wrote:
>> On 14/11/2023 10:47, Hymermut wrote:
>>
>>> I'm wondering if there is some sort of medical ombudsman I can have a
>>> chat with about this.
>>>
>> Your local health department have a complaints department,and if you
>> click on this link, you will get a Word Document of the complaints
>> policy with a complaints form you can print hidden in an appendix.
>>
>> https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwic25fxtMOCAxUHgP0HHRDuB6EQFnoECA0QAw&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yorkshirehealthnetwork.co.uk%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2022%2F04%2FComplaints-Policy.docx&usg=AOvVaw0ahV66UGq-boc74UDzn3_Y&opi=89978449
>>

>> When that does no good, "The complainant, or their representative, can
>> complain about any aspect of care or treatment they received at YHN to:
>> YHN via the complaints manager. NHS England: Telephone 03003 112233,
>> email england.contactus@nhs.net or in writing: NHS England, PO Box
>> 16738, Redditch, B97 9PT."
>>

> The main contact page is here:>-
>
> https://www.yorkshirehealthnetwork.co.uk/contact-us/

Yes. Thanks for that. I've sent a 'strong' email to the GP practice
threatening to make a complaint. We'll see if their own complaints
procedure jbexs first.

Tone

Re: Prescription Failure

<krh7rpFdetsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=28994&group=uk.rec.sheds#28994

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:35:05 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Tue, 14 Nov 2023 12:35 UTC

On 14/11/2023 12:27, Hymermut wrote:

> Yes. Thanks for that. I've sent a 'strong' email to the GP practice
> threatening to make a complaint. We'll see if their own complaints
> procedure jbexs first.

If they are anything like mine, you won't even get "We are looking into
your complaint". I didn't ask the system for a notification of it being
read, so I don't even know if they opened it. IIRC,they have seven days
to reply before the next stage up will consider it.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Prescription Failure

<L5WcnVNuBq6yOcn4nZ2dnZfqnPWdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29020&group=uk.rec.sheds#29020

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:57:49 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 10:57 UTC

Hymermut wrote:

> the pharmacist doesn't have the items in stock, it can take seven or
> eight working days to receive the items

No excuse for that.

I xabj someone who jbexed on the order processing system for a major
pharma wholesaler, robots continuously picking stuff, with vans on
delivery routes to pharmacies twice per day, one next-day cycle, another
same-day cycle.

Re: Prescription Failure

<krkahqFlkkhU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29031&group=uk.rec.sheds#29031

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:39:21 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:39 UTC

On 15/11/2023 10:57, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Hymermut wrote:
>
>> the pharmacist doesn't have the items in stock, it can take seven or
>> eight working days to receive the items
>
> No excuse for that.
>
> I xabj someone who jbexed on the order processing system for a major
> pharma wholesaler, robots continuously picking stuff, with vans on
> delivery routes to pharmacies twice per day, one next-day cycle, another
> same-day cycle.

Someone other than me? I jbexed for Phoenix until my retirement at the
end of 2022.

Re: Prescription Failure

<09edncbrnLtca8n4nZ2dnZfqn_ednZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29033&group=uk.rec.sheds#29033

Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:50:06 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Wed, 15 Nov 2023 16:50 UTC

Mike Fleming wrote:

> Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> >> I xabj someone who jbexed on the order processing system for a major
>> pharma wholesaler
>
> Someone other than me?

Yes

> I jbexed for Phoenix until my retirement at the end of 2022.

My fiend was at AAH, I had occasionally wondered if you jbexed there AAW.

Re: Prescription Failure

<uj4pl8$278oa$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29056&group=uk.rec.sheds#29056

From: awchy@proton.me (Awchy)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:07:35 +0000
 by: Awchy - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 10:07 UTC

On 14/11/2023 10:47, Hymermut wrote:
> How do we cope with a GP practice that is falling well below standard?
> They want us to order repeat prescriptions through the NHS App. I tried
> it. Nowt happened. Turns out the app is only as good as those who read it.
>
> They delay issue of prescriptions for five working days anyway. Why?
>
> Because the pharmacist doesn't have the items in stock, it can take
> seven or eight working days to receive the items by the time their order
> is delivered.
>
> I discussed this with the pharmacist. He suggested I put in the orders
> through them and they can then order the stuff so that it is in stock
> when the prescription comes back from the GP.
>
> I put in a repeat order through them for dressings on Friday 3rd. It is
> now seven working days and I have run out. I phoned the pharmacist. They
> haven't received the prescription back from the GP yet.
>
> "But do you have them in stock?"
>
> "Er, no. The order hasn't been processed!"
>
> The prospective X^6 or whatever she is over in Leeds gets her repeat
> prescriptions automatically delivered every Monday, without having to
> order them.
>
> I'm wondering if there is some sort of medical ombudsman I can have a
> chat with about this.
>
> Tone
Had something similar. Used to get the pharmacy to prompt the surgery
for prescriptions. GP´s stopped this and forced the NHS app on me. The
app will refuse your request if it decides you should have some pills
left. A bit of a problem if you are away from home for several weeks.

Then you have to waste yours and their time by visiting the GP surgery.

The same bloody GP surgery that cut me off from my pills cos I hadn´t
been to the surgery for a review. The told me to stay away cos I was
vulnerable during Covid. Formal complaint sorted that out!

Re: Prescription Failure

<uj536v$2911a$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29062&group=uk.rec.sheds#29062

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:50:32 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:50 UTC

On 16/11/2023 10:07, Awchy wrote:
> Had something similar. Used to get the pharmacy to prompt the surgery
> for prescriptions. GP´s stopped this and forced the NHS app on me. The
> app will refuse your request if it decides you should have some pills
> left. A bit of a problem if you are away from home for several weeks.

Got an apologetic email from the GP surgery reception. I am now advised
to book repeat prescriptions two weeks early by email or phone direct to
them, not the pharmacy!

I won't use the NHS App. As I've told them, it is only as good as those
that read it.

The missing prescription from two weeks ago is being delivered to me by
a special delivery this afternoon, as it is leg dressings that I ran out
of four days ago, so very urgent!

Tone

Re: Prescription Failure

<20231116131551.b133c645760b4013cf2d628b@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29066&group=uk.rec.sheds#29066

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:15:51 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 13:15 UTC

On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:50:32 +0000
Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> Got an apologetic email from the GP surgery reception. I am now advised
> to book repeat prescriptions two weeks early by email or phone direct to
> them, not the pharmacy!

Lbooyd eHll what a mess!

Every six months in the pharmacy I'll get told "we haven't got a
prescription so we can only give you five days of pills". So I go home,
open the GP's website and fill in the form for a repeat prescription, later
that day I get an email telling me the prescription has been sent to the
pharmacy (by fax I think). When convenient within 5 days I go and collect a
month less five days of pills.

Once a year the GP contacts me to come in and visit the vacuum
vampire to see if my prescription needs changing.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Prescription Failure

<uj5hnt$2bihe$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29074&group=uk.rec.sheds#29074

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:58:29 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Thu, 16 Nov 2023 16:58 UTC

On 16/11/2023 13:15, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Nov 2023 12:50:32 +0000
> Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:
>
>> Got an apologetic email from the GP surgery reception. I am now advised
>> to book repeat prescriptions two weeks early by email or phone direct to
>> them, not the pharmacy!
>
> Lbooyd eHll what a mess!
>
> Every six months in the pharmacy I'll get told "we haven't got a
> prescription so we can only give you five days of pills". So I go home,
> open the GP's website and fill in the form for a repeat prescription, later
> that day I get an email telling me the prescription has been sent to the
> pharmacy (by fax I think). When convenient within 5 days I go and collect a
> month less five days of pills.
>
> Once a year the GP contacts me to come in and visit the vacuum
> vampire to see if my prescription needs changing.

Just had an email from the surgery manager. It seems that the pharmacy
didn't pass on my repeat prescription request on 3rd, as they told me
they had. They only did it three days ago! In short they lied to me.

I am now being considered for 'electronic' automatic repeat
prescriptions. In the mean while I have been advised to make my requests
direct to the surgery manager two weeks in advance!

Tone

Re: Prescription Failure

<krq3mhFetprU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29141&group=uk.rec.sheds#29141

From: bap@shrdlu.com (Bernard Peek)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 17 Nov 2023 21:19:13 GMT
 by: Bernard Peek - Fri, 17 Nov 2023 21:19 UTC

On 2023-11-16, Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> Just had an email from the surgery manager. It seems that the pharmacy
> didn't pass on my repeat prescription request on 3rd, as they told me
> they had. They only did it three days ago! In short they lied to me.
>
> I am now being considered for 'electronic' automatic repeat
> prescriptions. In the mean while I have been advised to make my requests
> direct to the surgery manager two weeks in advance!

SWMBO uses Pharmacy 2U and gets her pills and potions delivered. No real
problems. But I read the reviews so opted for Lloyds Direct. They send me an
email when they think I;m running low. Clickety, clickety and about three
days later I get a delivery. Guess who just bought out Lloyds Direct.

Only promble was when the surgery printed out a bunch of prescriptions
instead of letting their Babbage Machine talk to the pharmacy. Nobody
noticed until I went to the surgery to sort out the SNAFU.

Could have been a lot worse. An online contact had her antidepressant
presciption interrupted by something similar. She went to pieces and we had
to find someone close enough to go and sort it out. A smidgin worse and we
might not have got there in time.

--
Bernard Peek
bap@shrdlu.com