From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: England should STOP giving EXCUSES of NOT playing enough domestic ODI
matches - Nasser Hussain
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2023 23:51:52 -0700
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 06:51 UTC

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket-world-cup/how-much-50-over-cricket-domestically-has-virat-kohli-played-nasser-hussain-tears-into-england-after-they-lose-to-sri-lanka-9001083/

How much 50 over cricket domestically has Virat Kohli played: Nasser
Hussain tears into England after they lose to Sri Lanka

In the match, Sri Lanka defeated defending champions England by eight
wickets in a World Cup match on Thursday.

Former England skipper Nasser Hussain lashed out at the England squad
after they were thrashed by Sri Lanka by 8 wickets at the M.Chinnaswamy
Stadium on Thursday.

Follow all the action from the Cricket World Cup 2023 on our special
World Cup section. You can also find the latest stats, like the top
scorer and the highest wicket-taker of the current edition, upcoming
World Cup fixtures and the points table on the site.

“What I don’t like is giving the players a cop out. Sometimes, I think
we do that in English cricket. When they win the 50 over World Cup or
the 20 over World Cup, aren’t they great? They are brilliant. Then when
the wheels come off, it’s the structure. It’s the structure of English
cricket. We are a disgrace.

We play 20 over cricket, we play 100 ball cricket, we don’t play enough
50 over cricket. How much 50 over cricket domestically has Virat Kohli
played? Or Heinrich Klaasen? Or anyone out here. They don’t play
domestic. They learn from T20 franchises around the world. That’s what
has made this great side over the last 6 years, travelling around the
world playing T20 franchises. It’s such a lame excuse,” he said.

“You are giving the players a cop out when you blame the structure. The
structure that made them world champions. This is exactly the same
structure. Yeah, you may have taken the eye off the ball a little bit,
not given them enough practice leading into the tournament but it was
the structure that produced them and when they mess up, they messed up
and not the structure,” he added.

“It’s such a lame excuse.”

Nasser Hussain says England can’t use the structure of English
cricket as a ‘cop out’ for their failure at the World Cup
pic.twitter.com/xT6JfJSS35

— Sky Sports Cricket (@SkyCricket) October 26, 2023

In the match, Sri Lanka defeated defending champions England by eight
wickets in a World Cup match on Thursday.

Re: England should STOP giving EXCUSES of NOT playing enough domestic ODI matches - Nasser Hussain

<uyLMDTBt73OlFwII@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29004&group=uk.sport.cricket#29004

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: England should STOP giving EXCUSES of NOT playing enough domestic ODI matches - Nasser Hussain
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2023 10:12:13 +0100
 by: John Hall - Fri, 27 Oct 2023 09:12 UTC

In message <uhfmm9$252j9$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes
[Nasser Hussain said:]
>We play 20 over cricket, we play 100 ball cricket, we don’t play
>enough 50 over cricket. How much 50 over cricket domestically has Virat
>Kohli played? Or Heinrich Klaasen? Or anyone out here. They don’t
>play domestic. They learn from T20 franchises around the world.
>That’s what has made this great side over the last 6 years,
>travelling around the world playing T20 franchises. It’s such a lame
>excuse,” he said.

I made the same point in a post here yesterday.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people