From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: More knee surgery for Stokes
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2023 09:17:08 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 09:17 UTC

Does anyone know what the actual his knee injury is?

max.it

Re: More knee surgery for Stokes

<zR9v1PBfKMRlFwgf@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29068&group=uk.sport.cricket#29068

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: More knee surgery for Stokes
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2023 09:51:27 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 3 Nov 2023 09:51 UTC

In message <u7e9ki1pial4u66tm2u0ru5trcetct5p5b@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>Does anyone know what the actual his knee injury is?

For whatever reason, both Stokes and the ECB seem to have been very coy
about giving any details. Hopefully this operation will fix it once and
for all. I hope that Key, McCullum and co have been giving some thought
as to who should be captain for the Test tour to India should Stokes not
be fit by then as they hope. Pope was named as official v-c before the
start of the Ashes series, but it would be a lot to ask for him to take
over in India, and also there must be a risk that he won't be fit
either. Would they revert to Root, and could they go on playing Bazball
successfully under him? The left-field choice might be Crawley, but
again it would be a huge ask.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: More knee surgery for Stokes

<68c3dd3d-75ab-4020-b055-2957580e6b28n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29081&group=uk.sport.cricket#29081

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2023 07:41:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sat, 4 Nov 2023 14:41 UTC

On Friday, November 3, 2023 at 9:58:42 AM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <u7e9ki1pial4u66tm...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >
> >Does anyone know what the actual his knee injury is?

no its a secret, or people will wonder why he didnt have surgery after the ashes
and so be recovering now. he may hope to be fit by january, and although we
dont know the surgery, expecting to be playing by then is extremely optimistic,
if not foolhardy.

> For whatever reason, both Stokes and the ECB seem to have been very coy
> about giving any details. Hopefully this operation will fix it once and
> for all. I hope that Key, McCullum and co have been giving some thought
> as to who should be captain for the Test tour to India should Stokes not
> be fit by then as they hope. Pope was named as official v-c before the
> start of the Ashes series, but it would be a lot to ask for him to take
> over in India, and also there must be a risk that he won't be fit
> either. Would they revert to Root, and could they go on playing Bazball
> successfully under him? The left-field choice might be Crawley, but
> again it would be a huge ask.
> --

i dont think bazball would work if they play on the turners they got last time.
as for captains, anderson is the senior player, if hes really gonna tour, so
perhaps he should be asked first ;)

mike