Famous quotations: " " -- Charlie Chaplin " " -- Harpo Marx " " -- Marcel Marceau

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: Australia v Afghanistan

SubjectAuthor
* Australia v AfghanistanJohn Hall
+* Australia v AfghanistanFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
|+- Australia v Afghanistanmax.it
|`* Australia v AfghanistanMoriarty
| +- Australia v AfghanistanFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
| +- Australia v AfghanistanFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
| `- Australia v AfghanistanFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
`- Australia v Afghanistanwlsut...@gmail.com

1
Australia v Afghanistan

<T69PXGCJxmSlFw+s@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29116&group=uk.sport.cricket#29116

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Australia v Afghanistan
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 16:56:41 +0000
 by: John Hall - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 16:56 UTC

What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<ea8e058f-6ecf-4ba3-8e68-fcdd7a37e8e8@america.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29117&group=uk.sport.cricket#29117

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Australia v Afghanistan
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:08:26 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 20:08 UTC

On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)

Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.

NO WAY.

Afghanistan dropped two catches, the second one was very easy catch
dropped by Mujeeb.

Afghanistan was tactically incompetent and poor.

When Maxwell was flaying the spinners in the middle overs, Afghanistan
should have gone to their fast bowlers Naveen and Azmat for a
breakthrough, who bowled exceptionally well in their five overs first spell.

Afg kept using their Spinners in the middle overs despite the
shellacking they got and finally went to fast bowlers Naveen and Azmat
when it was too late.

Also, neither the captain nor the coach told the bowlers to BOWL WIDE
close to the tram line when Maxwell was struggling to move.

The bowlers kept bowling into the stumps and within his reach to be
mercilessly flogged.

They DIDN'T even have BASIC COMMON SENSE to BOWL WIDE and make it
difficult for Maxwell REACH the ball when he was struggling to even move.

If you watch the highlights, you will see HOW STUPID the afghan bowlers
were bowling straight into his stumps and legs.

Moreover this match is NOT that important for Australia to WIN to reach
the semis because they will BEAT Netherlands in the next match anyway.

People are getting carried away emotionally and proclaiming that this is
the GREATEST ODI Innings ever.

Coach Trott SHOULD have noticed Maxwell's injury problems and TOLD his
bowlers to BOWL WIDE close to the tram line.

It's like he missed a trick which is as easy as adding 2+2.

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<fv9lkilrag1sav1edo816c4iqc79809qbs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29118&group=uk.sport.cricket#29118

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2023 21:14:02 +0000
 by: max.it - Tue, 7 Nov 2023 21:14 UTC

On Tue, 7 Nov 2023 12:08:26 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
>> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
>> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
>> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
>> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
>> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
>> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
>

>Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.

His 12 from 68 without getting out was pretty impressive

max.it

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<8464f4f9-fe3d-42ee-8837-ca41a242e97dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29119&group=uk.sport.cricket#29119

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 18:30:20 -0800 (PST)
From: blues95@ivillage.com (Moriarty)
 by: Moriarty - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 02:30 UTC

On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:08:33 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
> On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
> > What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
> > Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
> > about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
> > won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
> > of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
> > was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
> Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.

So did Sachin Tendulkar.

https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/1721935549504864621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1721935549504864621%7Ctwgr%5E97560dc2546dd02ec9294dfc9b357c0e3b6a1282%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2F2023-11-08%2Fcricket-odi-world-cup-glenn-maxwell-double-century%2F103076936

"From Max pressure to Max performance! This has been the best ODI knock I’ve seen in my life."

> NO WAY.

Take it up with SRT. What would HE know.

-Moriarty

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<17d6c124-4bd7-4fb7-a993-481084b65bde@america.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29120&group=uk.sport.cricket#29120

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 22:32:31 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 06:32 UTC

On 11/7/2023 6:30 PM, Moriarty wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:08:33 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
>>> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
>>> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
>>> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
>>> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
>>> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
>>> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
>> Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.
>
> So did Sachin Tendulkar.
>
> https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/1721935549504864621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1721935549504864621%7Ctwgr%5E97560dc2546dd02ec9294dfc9b357c0e3b6a1282%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2F2023-11-08%2Fcricket-odi-world-cup-glenn-maxwell-double-century%2F103076936
>
> "From Max pressure to Max performance! This has been the best ODI knock I’ve seen in my life."
>
>> NO WAY.
>
> Take it up with SRT. What would HE know.
>
> -Moriarty

That's Sachin's PERSONAL OPINION based on emotions from the ODI knocks
HE HAS SEEN.

Sachin DIDN'T SEE Kapil Dev's 183 vs Zimbabwe in 1983 World cup because
there was NO footage.

WHY did you remove ALL the POINTS I made TO PROVE that Maxwell's innings
is NOT THE GREATEST ODI ever?

It's because you DON'T want people to "READ the FACTS".

Pat Cummins praised Maxwell's innings to be the greatest ODI innings ever.

[...]

<5c4dd99d-f4d5-441a-ae08-63201d9f4342@america.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29121&group=uk.sport.cricket#29121

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 23:08:14 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 07:08 UTC

On 11/7/2023 6:30 PM, Moriarty wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:08:33 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
>>> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
>>> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
>>> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
>>> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
>>> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
>>> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
>> Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.
>
> So did Sachin Tendulkar.
>
> https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/1721935549504864621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1721935549504864621%7Ctwgr%5E97560dc2546dd02ec9294dfc9b357c0e3b6a1282%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2F2023-11-08%2Fcricket-odi-world-cup-glenn-maxwell-double-century%2F103076936
>
> "From Max pressure to Max performance! This has been the best ODI knock I’ve seen in my life."
>
>> NO WAY.
>
> Take it up with SRT. What would HE know.
>
> -Moriarty

WHY DIDN'T COACH Trott TEACH Afghan team the RUTHLESSNESS needed DURING
the game and GUIDE THEM INSTEAD of "WHINING AFTER the FACT"?

Trott said these things "AFTER THE FACT" while I said DURING THE GAME
and last night here on uksc.

WHY DIDN'T he tell his fast bowlers and even spinners to bowl WIDE
YORKERS or AWAY from Maxwell, DURING THE GAME?

It's NOT HIND SIGHT, it's pure INCOMPETENCE in TACTICS.

IF I knew these things DURING THE GAME, then he SHOULD HAVE KNOWN and
GUIDED his team to WIN the GAME.

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/icc-cricket-world-cup-2023-jonathan-trott-rues-key-lapses-as-glenn-maxwell-teaches-afghanistan-a-bitter-lesson-1407767

Afghan coach Jonathan Trott:

You get into a really good position and start thinking too far ahead,
instead of focusing on your next step to finish things off, and the game
can bite you pretty quickly.

Head coach hopes young team learn ruthlessness after fielding costs them
dear

"I always think could we have done a few things slightly different,
bowled certain areas, different bowlers here or there," Trott said.
"Obviously, there are certain things you would like to try different
now, but hindsight is a great thing.

Even though Trott said the team was not going to blame any individual or
point fingers, what Afghanistan will probably rue the most is how they
let a batter suffering from terrible cramps score the way he wanted to,
and didn't do things differently to pose any challenges for him.

Even though their fast bowlers tried some change of pace and the
spinners varied their lengths, a lot of the balls Maxwell hit out of the
park had landed in his arc. For example, they did not bowl any wide
yorkers to make Maxwell stretch far from his stumps, nor did they bowl
much into his body to push him on the back foot, which could cause
trouble for someone cramping.

"Well, it's a case of we got ourselves into position and should have
capitalised, obviously dropped two chances, and gave a person like
Maxwell a chance," a dejected Trott said at the press conference after
the game. "He's going to run with it and he almost played with a bit of
freedom and almost freed him up a little bit, and gave a bit of momentum
back to them. I thought it was a spectacular innings, a world-class
innings. But, yeah, we certainly helped him along the way."

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<52f41643-35e7-487d-b15b-4914bdaa7935n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29122&group=uk.sport.cricket#29122

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 23:25:29 -0800 (PST)
From: wlsutton54@gmail.com (wlsut...@gmail.com)
 by: wlsut...@gmail.com - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 07:25 UTC

On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 4:00:24 AM UTC+11, John Hall wrote:
> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
> --
> John Hall
> "Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
> from coughing."
> Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

What I liked was his interview after when he said he felt horrible and had some luck.
It has to go down as one of the greatest knocks in T20's, he bowled 10 overs in the Afghanis
inning and then survived serve cramp to score a double ton in the WC. It was an innings that
you wont see again for a long time and I would say he has the best 2 knocks in this world cup.
The bad thing is Australis batting was not good.

Without a doubt Afghanistan snatched defeat from the jaws of victory .

Re: Australia v Afghanistan

<f1f201b4-6499-4d25-a92f-e9385e87fc0f@america.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29124&group=uk.sport.cricket#29124

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2023 23:38:20 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Wed, 8 Nov 2023 07:38 UTC

On 11/7/2023 6:30 PM, Moriarty wrote:
> On Wednesday, November 8, 2023 at 7:08:33 AM UTC+11, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer wrote:
>> On 11/7/2023 8:56 AM, John Hall wrote:
>>> What an amazing match! Obviously a great innings by Maxwell, but the
>>> Afghanis must feel gutted. Maxwell was dropped off a sitter when he had
>>> about forty. Had that catch been taken, Afghanistan would surely have
>>> won, almost certainly by a wide enough margin to do their NRR a fair bit
>>> of good and Australia's a lot of damage. (Just before the drop, Maxwell
>>> was only a whisker away from being lbw, as well.)
>> Pat Cummins praised this to be the greatest ODI innings ever.
>
> So did Sachin Tendulkar.
>
> https://twitter.com/sachin_rt/status/1721935549504864621?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1721935549504864621%7Ctwgr%5E97560dc2546dd02ec9294dfc9b357c0e3b6a1282%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.abc.net.au%2Fnews%2F2023-11-08%2Fcricket-odi-world-cup-glenn-maxwell-double-century%2F103076936
>
> "From Max pressure to Max performance! This has been the best ODI knock I’ve seen in my life."
>
>> NO WAY.
>
> Take it up with SRT. What would HE know.
>
> -Moriarty

I won't take it up with SRT because he is ENTITLED to his "personal
opinions".

Just because Einstein is a GENIUS DOESN'T MEAN he is RIGHT ALL the TIME
in everything.

In FACT, most of Einstein's other theories were PROVED to be WRONG.

Maxwell himself rued that he wished it was a CHANCELESS KNOCK.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket-world-cup/glenn-maxwells-lament-after-one-of-greatest-odi-knocks-would-have-been-nice-if-it-was-a-chanceless-knock-9017886/

Glenn Maxwell’s lament after one of greatest ODI knocks: ‘Would have
been nice if it was a chanceless knock’

Maxwell scored 201 off 128 balls with 21 fours and 10 sixes. He earned a
second life when batting at 33 after Mujeeb Ur Rahman dropped a sitter
at short fine.

After playing arguably "one of the greatest innings in One-Day
Internationals", Glenn Maxwell still found space for a lament: that he
had ridden his luck at times as he scored an unbeaten 201 to help
Australia cross the line at the Wankhede Stadium against Afghanistan.