Alimony is like buying oats for a dead horse. -- Arthur Baer

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

SubjectAuthor
* Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing aswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Council installs 25 new chav-bike dustbins across EJNugent
+* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
|`- Re: Council installs 25 new fairy-bike dustbins acrossJNugent
+* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
+* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
+* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
+* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
`* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
 `* Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealiswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Council installs 25 new bikeSpike
  `- Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across EaliSimon Mason

1
Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<27f8f515-a16c-40f2-a678-87cbc7627879n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29052&group=uk.rec.cycling#29052

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 28 May 2023 11:05:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Council_installs_25_new_bike_hangars_across_Ealing_a
s_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 28 May 2023 18:05 UTC

In a bid to promote active travel and combat air pollution, Ealing Council has successfully installed 25 new bike hangars across the borough.

As part of their £10 million investment to support active travel, the council aimed to provide safe and affordable storage for bicycles, benefiting residents like Ricardo, who shared his positive experience in a short video.

Councillor Peter Mason, the Leader of Ealing Council, expressed his satisfaction with the project’s progress, stating, “We have installed 25 new bike hangars across the borough, providing safe and affordable storage for your bike. Helping more people to take up active travel is a really important part of our commitment to tackling air pollution and the climate crisis.”

The council actively engaged with the community, seeking their input on bike hangar locations through a consultation process. Nearly 350 people participated in the consultation, sharing their opinions and preferences. The feedback underlined the importance of considering criteria such as the volume of requests from residents, limited access to garages or sheds, the prevalence of bike thefts, wider community support, and the distribution of hangars throughout the borough.

Councillor Deirdre Costigan, the council’s deputy leader and cabinet member for climate change, expressed their determination to support Ealing residents in cycling more. “Providing safe and accessible storage spaces for residents’ bikes is part of that,” she added. “Thank you to the 350 local people who engaged in the consultation last year and had their say on where they wanted storage for their bikes. We promised we will be taking decisions together with residents, and so the 25 new bike hangars are all in locations suggested by the community.”

One of the significant outcomes of the consultation is the reduction in bike hangar costs. Previously priced at £6 per month, the council has significantly lowered the fee to a mere 70p per month, making Ealing bike hangars the most affordable in London.

Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for bike hangar locations, ensuring that the council remains responsive to their needs. The council plans to install an additional 25 bike hangars across the borough by the end of this summer, with a long-term goal of having at least 150 hangars by 2026.

https://harrowonline.org/2023/05/27/council-installs-25-new-bike-hangars-across-ealing-as-part-of-10m-investment/

Re: Council installs 25 new chav-bike dustbins across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<kdjfa3Fr9pnU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29084&group=uk.rec.cycling#29084

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Council_installs_25_new_chav-bike_dustbins_across_E
aling_as_part_of_£10m_investment
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 12:06:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 May 2023 11:06 UTC

> In a bid to promote active travel and combat air pollution, Ealing Council has successfully installed 25 new bike dustbins across the borough.
> As part of their £10 million investment to support active travel, the council aimed to provide safe and affordable storage for bicycles, benefiting residents like Ricardo, who shared his positive experience in a short video.
> Councillor Peter Mason, the Leader of Ealing Council, expressed his satisfaction with the project’s progress, stating, “We have installed 25 new bike bins across the borough, providing safe and affordable storage for your bike. Helping more people to take up active travel is a really important part of our commitment to tackling air pollution and the climate crisis.”
> The council actively engaged with the community, seeking their input on bike dustbin locations through a consultation process. Nearly 350 people participated in the consultation, sharing their opinions and preferences. The feedback underlined the importance of considering criteria such as the volume of requests from residents, limited access to garages or sheds, the prevalence of chav-bike thefts, wider community support, and the distribution of chav-bikedustbins throughout the borough.
> Councillor Deirdre Costigan, the council’s deputy leader and cabinet member for climate change, expressed their determination to support Ealing residents in chav-cycling more. “Providing safe and accessible dustbins for residents’ chav-bikes is part of that,” she added. “Thank you to the 350 local people who engaged in the consultation last year and had their say on where they wanted dustbins for their chav-bikes. We promised we will be taking decisions together with residents, and so the 25 new chav-bike dustbins are all in locations suggested by the community.”
> One of the significant outcomes of the consultation is the reduction in chav-bike dustbin costs. Previously priced at £6 per month, the council has significantly lowered the fee to a mere 70p per month, making Ealing bike hangars the most affordable in London.

That's the *price*. The *cost* will be much more.

Economic illiterates (such as the average chav on a bike) usually don't
know the difference, as proven just there.

> Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for chav-bike dustbin locations, ensuring that the council remains responsive to their needs. The council plans to install an additional 25 chav-bike dustbin across the borough by the end of this summer, with a long-term goal of having at least 150 dustbins by 2026.
>
> https://harrowonline.org/2023/05/27/council-installs-25-new-bike-hangars-across-ealing-as-part-of-10m-investment/

Re: Council installs 25 new chav-bike dustbins across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<kdjihgFrpscU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29086&group=uk.rec.cycling#29086

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Council installs 25 new chav-bike
Date: 29 May 2023 12:01:52 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:01 UTC

JNugent <jenningsandco@mail.com> wrote:
> On 28/05/2023 07:05 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> One of the significant outcomes of the consultation is the reduction in
>> chav-bike dustbin costs. Previously priced at £6 per month, the council
>> has significantly lowered the fee to a mere 70p per month, making Ealing
>> bike hangars the most affordable in London.

> That's the *price*. The *cost* will be much more.

Most of the latter being carried by the taxpayers of Ealing.

> Economic illiterates (such as the average chav on a bike) usually don't
> know the difference, as proven just there.

Quite.

<sarcasm>

There isn’t anything about a pedal cycle that isn’t improved by adding a
motor, and subsidising it heavily.

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<ecbd1404-9564-4b54-b567-de3c93539e39n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29089&group=uk.rec.cycling#29089

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_Council_installs_25_new_bike_hangars_across_Eali
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:20 UTC

QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for bike hangar locations, ensuring that the council remains responsive to their needs. The council plans to install an additional 25 bike hangars across the borough by the end of this summer, with a long-term goal of having at least 150 hangars by 2026. ENDS

Make sure they are well lit and not those invisible ones that seem to be a magnet for idiot drivers.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdjk7qFs2epU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29092&group=uk.rec.cycling#29092

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Council installs 25 new bike
Date: 29 May 2023 12:30:50 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:30 UTC

> QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing
> their suggestions for bike hangar locations, ensuring that the council
> remains responsive to their needs. The council plans to install an
> additional 25 bike hangars across the borough by the end of this summer,
> with a long-term goal of having at least 150 hangars by 2026. ENDS
>
> Make sure they are well lit and not those invisible ones that seem to be
> a magnet for idiot drivers.

Keep the bike bins well-lit?

Another cost to Ealing taxpayers.

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<1420ac26-00dd-4eca-a217-775ce7d193a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29099&group=uk.rec.cycling#29099

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:40 UTC

QUOTE: One of the significant outcomes of the consultation is the reduction in bike hangar costs. Previously priced at £6 per month, the council has significantly lowered the fee to a mere 70p per month, making Ealing bike hangars the most affordable in London. ENDS

A bit like NLCC freezing my council tax for 23-24.
Win win.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdjkthFs63fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29101&group=uk.rec.cycling#29101

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 12:42:25 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:42 UTC

> QUOTE: One of the significant outcomes of the consultation is the
> reduction in bike hangar costs. Previously priced at £6 per month, the
> council has significantly lowered the fee to a mere 70p per month, making
> Ealing bike hangars the most affordable in London. ENDS
>
> A bit like NLCC freezing my council tax for 23-24.
> Win win.

You’re still confusing price with cost.

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<bd8be380-86e2-4909-af60-6e22b1a3d8a4n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29104&group=uk.rec.cycling#29104

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 05:47:23 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 12:47 UTC

QUOTE: As part of their £10 million investment to support active travel, the council aimed to provide safe and affordable storage for bicycles, benefiting residents like Ricardo, who shared his positive experience in a short video. ENDS

"I thought Brexit got rid of these bloody dago and wops" - UKIP gammon.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdjm8vFscknU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29105&group=uk.rec.cycling#29105

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 13:05:35 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 13:05 UTC

> QUOTE: As part of their £10 million investment to support active travel,
> the council aimed to provide safe and affordable storage for bicycles,
> benefiting residents like Ricardo, who shared his positive experience in
> a short video. ENDS
>
> "I thought Brexit got rid of these bloody dago and wops" - UKIP gammon.

Get your Gammon swivels here:

<https://www.gammontechstore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=GTP%2D1501%2E&CartID=0>

(Safe)

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new fairy-bike dustbins across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<kdjnqrFsjs3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29108&group=uk.rec.cycling#29108

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_Council_installs_25_new_fairy-bike_dustbins_across_
Ealing_as_part_of_£10m_investment
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 14:32:12 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 29 May 2023 13:32 UTC

> QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for fairy-bike dustbin locations, ensuring that the council remains responsive to their needs. The council plans to install an additional 25 fairy-bike dustbins across the borough by the end of this summer, with a long-term goal of having at least 150 bins by 2026. ENDS
>
> Make sure they are well lit and not those invisible ones that seem to be a magnet for idiot drivers.

Indeed, they "should" be lit, as per the standing requirements for other
forms of rubbish skip.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<a3893462-a5d4-4fb0-865b-5b56e9ed20ddn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29114&group=uk.rec.cycling#29114

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 08:25:34 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 15:25 UTC

QUOTE: We promised we will be taking decisions together with residents, and so the 25 new bike hangars are all in locations suggested by the community..” ENDS

So there was a wish for these hangars from the community and they are getting installed?
Don't the Brextard gammons drone on about "democracy" - or don't they agree with it when it concerns cycling and ULEZ expansion?

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdjvvmFtrgsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29117&group=uk.rec.cycling#29117

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 15:51:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 15:51 UTC

> QUOTE: We promised we will be taking decisions together with residents,
> and so the 25 new bike hangars are all in locations suggested by the community.” ENDS
>
> So there was a wish for these hangars from the community and they are getting installed?
> Don't the Brextard gammons drone on about "democracy" - or don't they
> agree with it when it concerns cycling and ULEZ expansion?

I posted a link to Gammon swivels earlier today.

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<bd674138-7152-43ae-8b09-1e1d2470400an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29121&group=uk.rec.cycling#29121

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 09:05:50 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 16:05 UTC

QUOTE:In a bid to promote active travel and combat air pollution, Ealing Council has successfully installed 25 new bike hangars across the borough.ENDS

Need to repair the ULEZ cameras vandalised by the dirty air loving thugs.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdk35pFub17U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29134&group=uk.rec.cycling#29134

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 16:45:45 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 16:45 UTC

> QUOTE:In a bid to promote active travel and combat air pollution, Ealing
> Council has successfully installed 25 new bike hangars across the borough.ENDS

> Need to repair the ULEZ cameras vandalised by the dirty air loving thugs.

Actually, Ealing Council are only pandering to those who already cycle.

Construction, delivery, maintenance, repair, removal, and replacement of
the Bike Bins will have significant costs both financially and for
environmental and air quality reasons, quite possibly at no increase in
cycling from this project.

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<eaf83a85-c977-4d6a-8fc6-5ba482846768n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29136&group=uk.rec.cycling#29136

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 10:06:00 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 17:06 UTC

QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for bike hangar locations. ENDS

How about car parking spaces that are too small for Wankpanzers?

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdk8t0FnknU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29141&group=uk.rec.cycling#29141

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 18:23:28 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:23 UTC

> QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing
> their suggestions for bike hangar locations. ENDS

Put the Bike Bins where the sun doesn’t shine…

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<04e7fc7a-6fd4-444c-bb22-4e4e62064396n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29142&group=uk.rec.cycling#29142

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 11:30:38 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:30 UTC

On Monday, May 29, 2023 at 6:06:02 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue sharing their suggestions for bike hangar locations. ENDS
>
> How about car parking spaces that are too small for Wankpanzers?

From cyclists to the OED!

wankpanzer

A pointlessly large and overpowered 4x4 vehicle, usually purchased as a boost to driver's ego who is likely to have some kind of inferiority complex. Common examples are the Audi Q, Range Rover and the BMW X7; with the most hideous example being the porsche cayenne. He sneered at his fellow humans through the tinted glass of his wankpanzer.

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Eali ng as part of £10m investment

<kdka74FtjfU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29144&group=uk.rec.cycling#29144

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 29 May 2023 18:45:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 29 May 2023 18:45 UTC

> On Monday, May 29, 2023 at 6:06:02 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Looking ahead, Ealing residents are encouraged to continue
>> sharing their suggestions for bike hangar locations. ENDS
>>
>> How about car parking spaces that are too small for Wankpanzers?
>
> From cyclists to the OED!
>
> wankpanzer
>
> A pointlessly large and overpowered 4x4 vehicle, usually purchased as a
> boost to driver's ego who is likely to have some kind of inferiority
> complex. Common examples are the Audi Q, Range Rover and the BMW X7; with
> the most hideous example being the porsche cayenne. He sneered at his
> fellow humans through the tinted glass of his wankpanzer.

Didn’t some cyclist on a £12000 carbon frame cycle recently kill someone
because they didn’t get out of his way fast enough?

What sneering name might you apply to that sort of machine?

--
Spike

Re: Council installs 25 new bike hangars across Ealing as part of £10m investment

<a4ea3b17-1400-418e-b015-ffda7ffb6524n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29145&group=uk.rec.cycling#29145

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 29 May 2023 12:03:34 -0700 (PDT)
ng_as_part_of_£10m_investment
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 29 May 2023 19:03 UTC

Selfish and knobhead parking - check.

https://img.ifunny.co/images/ffe0f4439a40ae76e792a852cda971f47c50dabc0cbcc1043f9ec02706020d84_1.jpg