Someone in DAYTON, Ohio is selling USED CARPETS to a SERBO-CROATIAN

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: NZ v SL

SubjectAuthor
* NZ v SLJohn Hall
`* NZ v SLJohn Hall
 +* NZ v SLmax.it
 |`- NZ v SLmike
 `* NZ v SLJohn Hall
  +* NZ v SLHamish Laws
  |`* NZ v SLFBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
  | `- NZ v SLJohn Hall
  `* NZ v SLDavid North
   `- NZ v SLJohn Hall

1
NZ v SL

<SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29135&group=uk.sport.cricket#29135

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: NZ v SL
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 09:19:38 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 09:19 UTC

Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
highest score 8.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: NZ v SL

<XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29136&group=uk.sport.cricket#29136

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: NZ v SL
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:42:28 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:42 UTC

In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
>other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
>highest score 8.

I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
much at full strength.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: NZ v SL

<6mlpkit25gtcllskig6u25nretcapg5n8k@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29139&group=uk.sport.cricket#29139

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2023 12:57:06 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 12:57 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:42:28 +0000, John Hall <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk>
wrote:

>In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
>>other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
>>highest score 8.
>
>I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
>see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
>much at full strength.

There seems to be a bit of frequent floundering in these games.
Is this common to domestic games in India?

max.it

Re: NZ v SL

<024f5247-9681-42ff-959f-8a6476d80f92n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29142&group=uk.sport.cricket#29142

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 07:38:04 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 15:38 UTC

On Thursday, November 9, 2023 at 12:57:13 PM UTC, max.it wrote:
> On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 10:42:28 +0000, John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk>
> wrote:
> >In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
> ><john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
> >>Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
> >>other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
> >>highest score 8.
> >
> >I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
> >see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
> >much at full strength.

at least no one got timed out.

i take it that the Sfs, barring something extraordinary unlikely, will be
RSA vs Oz, India vs NZ, which is good as these are the best 4 teams
in this WC.

> There seems to be a bit of frequent floundering in these games.

certainly by england in this WC. I think bangles and england are likely
to lose their last 2 matches so it could be down to NRR to decide
who gets the booby prize of a trip to Pakistan in 2 yrs time.

mike

Re: NZ v SL

<K74muRBwmQTlFw1x@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29143&group=uk.sport.cricket#29143

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:32:48 +0000
 by: John Hall - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 16:32 UTC

In message <XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
>>other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
>>highest score 8.
>
>I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
>see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
>much at full strength.

So NZ won comfortably, and now must be 99% sure of making the semis. And
SL's defeat means that England must have a better than 90% chance of
finishing in the top eight, bearing in mind that Bangladesh's last match
is against Australia and the Netherlands' is against India.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: NZ v SL

<98fb0a01-5c1f-4444-8a05-8f68cd4c4926n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29145&group=uk.sport.cricket#29145

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 15:43:06 -0800 (PST)
From: hamish.laws@gmail.com (Hamish Laws)
 by: Hamish Laws - Thu, 9 Nov 2023 23:43 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 3:40:21 AM UTC+11, John Hall wrote:
> In message <XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
> <john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
> >In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
> ><john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
> >>Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
> >>other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
> >>highest score 8.
> >
> >I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
> >see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
> >much at full strength.
> So NZ won comfortably, and now must be 99% sure of making the semis. And
> SL's defeat means that England must have a better than 90% chance of
> finishing in the top eight, bearing in mind that Bangladesh's last match
> is against Australia and the Netherlands' is against India.

Apparently Pakistan need to win by something like 300 runs if they bat first and in under 3 overs if they bat second to get ahead of NZ on NRR.

Re: NZ v SL

<kr600kFa1ghU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29147&group=uk.sport.cricket#29147

From: nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:13:39 +0000
 by: David North - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:13 UTC

On 09/11/2023 16:32, John Hall wrote:
> In message <XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
> <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>> In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>> <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>> Perera seems to be playing on a different pitch to the batsmen at the
>>> other end! Currently 51* off 26 balls out of a total of 70-4. Next
>>> highest score 8.
>>
>> I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
>> see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be
>> pretty much at full strength.
>
> So NZ won comfortably, and now must be 99% sure of making the semis. And
> SL's defeat means that England must have a better than 90% chance of
> finishing in the top eight, bearing in mind that Bangladesh's last match
> is against Australia and the Netherlands' is against India.

If NL don't win, England would have to finish behind SL on NRR to have a
chance of dropping out of the top 8, which would mean losing to Pakistan
by about 279 runs.
--
David North

Re: NZ v SL

<0c70c309-0608-4b60-8855-0d0926505a5f@america.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29149&group=uk.sport.cricket#29149

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 22:56:17 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:56 UTC

On 11/9/2023 3:43 PM, Hamish Laws wrote:
> On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 3:40:21 AM UTC+11, John Hall wrote:
>> In message <XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>> <john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>> In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>>> <john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>>
>>> I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8. I
>>> see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be pretty
>>> much at full strength.
>> So NZ won comfortably, and now must be 99% sure of making the semis. And
>> SL's defeat means that England must have a better than 90% chance of
>> finishing in the top eight, bearing in mind that Bangladesh's last match
>> is against Australia and the Netherlands' is against India.
>
> Apparently Pakistan need to win by something like 300 runs if they bat first and in under 3 overs if they bat second to get ahead of NZ on NRR.

As it stands for Babar Azam and Co to qualify for the semis, if Pakistan
bat first and score 300, they have to bowl England out for 13. If
Pakistan bowl first and dismiss England for 50, they have to chase it in
around 2.3 overs.

As things stand, Pakistan have an NRR of 0.036 while the corresponding
figure for Afghanistan is -0.338.

Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram suggested a hilarious idea on how
Babar Azam and co can still qualify for the semifinals.

“Mathematically it is still possible,” quips Wasim Akram on A Sports.

“Pakistan should bat first against England and post runs, then lock the
England team in the dressing room and get them timed out,” said Akram.

Re: NZ v SL

<JEKWBpA77fTlFwnt@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29150&group=uk.sport.cricket#29150

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 09:59:23 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 09:59 UTC

In message <kr600kFa1ghU2@mid.individual.net>, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> writes
>On 09/11/2023 16:32, John Hall wrote:
>> In message <XJ+a4vBUeLTlFwFH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>> In message <SohLAABqQKTlFwXy@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>>><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>>
>>> I put the mockers on him. He was out for 51 and SL currently 125-8.
>>>see that NZ at last have Southee back from injury and seem to be
>>>pretty much at full strength.
>> So NZ won comfortably, and now must be 99% sure of making the semis.
>>And SL's defeat means that England must have a better than 90% chance
>>of finishing in the top eight, bearing in mind that Bangladesh's last
>>match is against Australia and the Netherlands' is against India.
>
>If NL don't win, England would have to finish behind SL on NRR to have
>a chance of dropping out of the top 8, which would mean losing to
>Pakistan by about 279 runs.

Which coincidentally is almost identical to the margin that Pakistan
need to win by in order to finish ahead of NZ, as you pointed out in
another post.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: NZ v SL

<WU5R1BB2+fTlFwEw@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29152&group=uk.sport.cricket#29152

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:02:30 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:02 UTC

In message <0c70c309-0608-4b60-8855-0d0926505a5f@america.com>,
FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer <FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com>
writes
>Former Pakistan captain Wasim Akram suggested a hilarious idea on how
>Babar Azam and co can still qualify for the semifinals.
>

>“Mathematically it is still possible,” quips Wasim Akram on A Sports.
>
>“Pakistan should bat first against England and post runs, then lock
>the England team in the dressing room and get them timed out,” said
>Akram.

:)

Or they could tamper with the straps on all their helmets.

To be serious for a moment, Pakistan will be hoping that England don't
win the toss and choose to bat, as that would make an already extremely
difficult task almost impossible.