You need tender loving care once a week - so that I can slap you into shape. -- Ellyn Mustard

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

SubjectAuthor
* DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
+* DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODIJohn Hall
|`* DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20Andy Walker
| +- DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODImax.it
| +- DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20mike
| `* DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20David North
|  `- DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODImax.it
`- DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODImax.it

1
DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<uikk14$2mv4j$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29148&group=uk.sport.cricket#29148

From: FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com (FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20
format from ODI
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2023 22:53:24 -0800
 by: FBInCIAnNSATerrorist - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 06:53 UTC

THE GREEDY amrikkkan filth DISNEY HOTSTAR wants to change 2025 Champions
Trophy to T20 format from ODIs.

https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/icc-champions-trophy-to-change-from-50-over-format-to-being-a-t20-tournament-9021173/

ICC Champions Trophy to change from 50-over format to being a T20
tournament?

The Champions Trophy will be played in 2025 and 2029, with the T20 World
Cup scheduled for 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030.

Will the 2025 ICC Champions Trophy change from the 50-over format to
being a T20 tournament? The Guardian newspaper has cited sources to
report that broadcasters Disney Star wish to make the next Champions
Trophy, for which teams like England and Sri Lanka are still battling
for a spot in the ongoing ODI World Cup, into a 8-team 20-overs competition.

The Champions Trophy will be played in 2025 and 2029, with the T20 World
Cup scheduled for 2024, 2026, 2028 and 2030. The 50-over ICC World Cup
is set to be played in 2027 in South Africa and in 2031 in India and
Bangladesh.

Follow all the action from the Cricket World Cup 2023 on our special
World Cup section. You can also find the latest stats, like the top
scorer and the highest wicket-taker of the current edition, upcoming
World Cup fixtures and the points table on the site.

Disney Star have bagged the broadcast rights for all ICC events in a
four-year deal running from 2024 to 2027 for the Indian market,
reportedly for USD 3 billion. Between 2024 and 2027, the ICC men’s
calendar will have two T20 World Cups, two World Test Championship
finals, a Champions Trophy and a 50-over World Cup. The women’s events
include two T20 World Cups, a 50-over World Cup and a T20 Champions
Trophy. Moving on to the U-19 events, the roster includes two men’s
World Cups and a couple of women’s T20 World Cups.

If the speculation proves right and the ICC turns the Champions Trophy
into a T20 tournament, it will raise several questions: How does this
ongoing 50-over World Cup then decide qualification for a T20
tournament? Can ODI cricket survive, and will bilateral ODIs cease to be
played after a while? The Guardian quotes a broadcaster source as saying
that this move will “kill off” the one-day format.

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<ib3sWmBNDgTlFwSO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29151&group=uk.sport.cricket#29151

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:07:09 +0000
 by: John Hall - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 10:07 UTC

In message <uikk14$2mv4j$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes
<snip>
>Will the 2025 ICC Champions Trophy change from the 50-over format to
>being a T20 tournament? The Guardian newspaper has cited sources to
>report that broadcasters Disney Star wish to make the next Champions
>Trophy, for which teams like England and Sri Lanka are still battling
>for a spot in the ongoing ODI World Cup, into a 8-team 20-overs
>competition.
<snip>

I hope Disney Star are ignored. If the ICC radically changed the
competition to please a broadcaster, it would set a very dangerous
precedent. How long would it be before not only ODIs but perhaps even
Tests disappeared in favour of more T20s? And might in time T20s become
T10s?
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<0btrkihcfc2qt291ikui33kl52npsekpq4@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29153&group=uk.sport.cricket#29153

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:02:55 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:02 UTC

On Thu, 9 Nov 2023 22:53:24 -0800, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> wrote:

>THE GREEDY amrikkkan filth DISNEY HOTSTAR wants to change 2025 Champions
>Trophy to T20 format from ODIs.

>https://indianexpress.com/article/sports/cricket/icc-champions-trophy-to-change-from-50-over-format-to-being-a-t20-tournament-9021173/
>
>ICC Champions Trophy to change from 50-over format to being a T20
>tournament?

They could call it MMDI cricket, Micky Mouse Disney International.

max.it

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<uil7qc$2qp7k$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29154&group=uk.sport.cricket#29154

From: anw@cuboid.co.uk (Andy Walker)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
format from ODI
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:31:08 +0000
 by: Andy Walker - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:31 UTC

On 10/11/2023 10:07, John Hall wrote:
> I hope Disney Star are ignored.

Well, so do I, but ...

> If the ICC radically changed the
> competition to please a broadcaster, it would set a very dangerous
> precedent.

... perhaps some readers are too young to remember Kerry Packer?
And there was that bloke in the Windies? And remind us what the rationale
was for the wretched "Hundred"? "Cricket, but smaller." Money talks. In
the end, despite huffing and puffing from the traditionalists [of whom I'm
one, though not as extreme as some], cricket will evolve in whatever ways
make it viable as a professional sport.

> How long would it be before not only ODIs but perhaps even
> Tests disappeared in favour of more T20s? And might in time T20s
> become T10s?

Personally, I don't think I'd miss ODIs. They're OK as wallpaper,
but it's a major commitment for most people to take a whole day off work
or retirement and spend it watching cricket. Of course, so it is for a
Test, but there is more "occasion" around a Test. Less than there used
to be when there were many fewer of them, however, which is why they too
might not survive longer term. But that wouldn't be to please the media;
rather the opposite -- that it's only media attention keeping most Test
cricket going. This will be especially the case if loads of other
countries achieve Test status [which is, in general terms, a Good Thing].
I suspect that only T20 really has the potential to become as widespread
as football, tennis, golf, ...; though perhaps cricket in the Olympics
might make some difference.

As for "T10s", I doubt it. It makes a pleasant evening to stroll
down to TB [other grounds are available] and watch cricket as the sun sets
and the lights come on. TB [other ...] is buzzing on such occasions, and
there is a real sense of theatre and drama. Matches are often close, and
can easily swing in an over. It's on the same sort of scale as watching
a football match [or ice hockey, or a film, or a concert -- whatever takes
your fancy]. If we had T10s, we'd want two of them! You might get away
with T15s?

--
Andy Walker, Nottingham.
Andy's music pages: www.cuboid.me.uk/andy/Music

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<bmgskihkspgvhd7iqtpdo9gbunoblfo63l@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29155&group=uk.sport.cricket#29155

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:52:26 +0000
 by: max.it - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 14:52 UTC

On Fri, 10 Nov 2023 12:31:08 +0000, Andy Walker <anw@cuboid.co.uk>
wrote:

>On 10/11/2023 10:07, John Hall wrote:
>> I hope Disney Star are ignored.
>
> Well, so do I, but ...
>
>> If the ICC radically changed the
>> competition to please a broadcaster, it would set a very dangerous
>> precedent.
>
> ... perhaps some readers are too young to remember Kerry Packer?
>And there was that bloke in the Windies?

Allen Stanford.
He has 99 years still to serve.

max.it

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<11b45eca-5004-4c2d-b5b1-353b7bbf9476n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29156&group=uk.sport.cricket#29156

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2023 07:55:24 -0800 (PST)
format from ODI
From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Fri, 10 Nov 2023 15:55 UTC

On Friday, November 10, 2023 at 12:31:10 PM UTC, Andy Walker wrote:
> On 10/11/2023 10:07, John Hall wrote:
> > I hope Disney Star are ignored.
> Well, so do I, but ...
> > If the ICC radically changed the
> > competition to please a broadcaster, it would set a very dangerous
> > precedent.
> If we had T10s, we'd want two of them!

they could stage women's match first then the mens consecutively

>You might get away
> with T15s?

thats close to the 100. i'm bet the ecb would like that.

mike

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<kr8smaFr7k0U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29159&group=uk.sport.cricket#29159

From: nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk (David North)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket,rec.sport.cricket
format from ODI
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 08:35:22 +0000
 by: David North - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 08:35 UTC

On 10/11/2023 12:31, Andy Walker wrote:

>     As for "T10s", I doubt it.  It makes a pleasant evening to stroll
> down to TB [other grounds are available] and watch cricket as the sun sets
> and the lights come on.  TB [other ...] is buzzing on such occasions, and
> there is a real sense of theatre and drama.  Matches are often close, and
> can easily swing in an over.  It's on the same sort of scale as watching
> a football match [or ice hockey, or a film, or a concert -- whatever takes
> your fancy].  If we had T10s, we'd want two of them!  You might get away
> with T15s?

I think they'd have to be F15s. ;) (but that's a fighter plane)

--
David North

Re: DISNEY HOTSTAR wants ICC to CHANGE 2025 Champions Trophy to T20 format from ODI

<o87vki9g5p5m2nj4fm5s66jlogi993c1q2@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29160&group=uk.sport.cricket#29160

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:36:37 +0000
 by: max.it - Sat, 11 Nov 2023 15:36 UTC

On Sat, 11 Nov 2023 08:35:22 +0000, David North
<nospam@lane-farm.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

>On 10/11/2023 12:31, Andy Walker wrote:
>
>>     As for "T10s", I doubt it.  It makes a pleasant evening to stroll
>> down to TB [other grounds are available] and watch cricket as the sun sets
>> and the lights come on.  TB [other ...] is buzzing on such occasions, and
>> there is a real sense of theatre and drama.  Matches are often close, and
>> can easily swing in an over.  It's on the same sort of scale as watching
>> a football match [or ice hockey, or a film, or a concert -- whatever takes
>> your fancy].  If we had T10s, we'd want two of them!  You might get away
>> with T15s?
>
>I think they'd have to be F15s. ;) (but that's a fighter plane)

Triumph had a T15 and a T20 motorcycle. I always fancied a T20 Tiger
cub, it was a 200cc bike so I could ride it on my provisional licence.
As it happened I passed the test and got a M21 BSA 600cc side valve
single. Nice and simple.
My last British bike was a Triumph Trophy 650 Saint (stop anything in
no time) that had been liberated from a police force in England in the
early 70s and butchered into a low rider chopper type of thing.

max.it