pension: A federally insured chain letter.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Thunderbird and its odd ways

SubjectAuthor
* Thunderbird and its odd waysSam Plusnet
+- Re: Thunderbird and its odd wayshubops
+* Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysKerr-Mudd, John
|+* Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysAhem A Rivet's Shot
||+* Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysSn!pe
|||+- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysmaus
|||`- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysKerr-Mudd, John
||`- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysSam Plusnet
|`- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysSam Plusnet
+- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysTease'n'Seize
+- Re: Thunderbird and its odd waysHymermut
`- Re: Thunderbird and its odd wayschrisnd@privacy.net

1
Thunderbird and its odd ways

<21O6N.38677$cAm7.8710@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29226&group=uk.rec.sheds#29226

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Subject: Thunderbird and its odd ways
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:00:14 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:00 UTC

Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.

Version 115.4.3 (64bit)

For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.

I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.

Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and
fail to decrement _until_ I read a post from John T (hubops@ccanoemail.com).
His posts all do the right thing - un-bold themselves and decrement the
counter.

This leads me to the vital conclusion that... I haven't the faintest
clue about what is going on!

[1] Settings are to un-bold a post, 1 second after accessing it.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<ficnlihll42dcenn4kvkq1ekfhqd61q9an@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29227&group=uk.rec.sheds#29227

From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:25:48 -0500
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:25 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:00:14 +0000, Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

>Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.
>
>Version 115.4.3 (64bit)
>
>For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
>bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
>counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.
>
>I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.
>
>Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and
>fail to decrement _until_ I read a post from John T (hubops@ccanoemail.com).
>His posts all do the right thing - un-bold themselves and decrement the
>counter.
>
>This leads me to the vital conclusion that... I haven't the faintest
>clue about what is going on!
>
>[1] Settings are to un-bold a post, 1 second after accessing it.

Folder Settings can be set to over-ride the Default Settings
< or not > ... that's where I'd look.
John T.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<20231120201904.b1a6d864f4a5d8c76705a5b8@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29229&group=uk.rec.sheds#29229

From: admin@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:00:14 +0000
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.
>
> Version 115.4.3 (64bit)
>
> For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
> bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
> counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.
>
> I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.
>
> Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and

I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil

As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.

> fail to decrement _until_ I read a post from John T (hubops@ccanoemail.com).
> His posts all do the right thing - un-bold themselves and decrement the
> counter.
>
> This leads me to the vital conclusion that... I haven't the faintest
> clue about what is going on!
>
> [1] Settings are to un-bold a post, 1 second after accessing it.

Search me, guv.

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<20231120204425.c9d6c3a13b97228aa5800db9@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29230&group=uk.rec.sheds#29230

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:44:25 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:44 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
"Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:

> I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
> are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
>
> As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.

Shedding evil seems like a good thing to do.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<99idnXNjXPZoV8b4nZ2dnZfqnPqdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29231&group=uk.rec.sheds#29231

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:09:04 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 21:09 UTC

Sam Plusnet wrote:

> For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
> bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
> counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.

Only only read a handful of froups on giganews (the shed being one of
them) and I notice the counter only goes down after moving away from an
article, not upon reading the article.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<1qkilee.dgytce1c5enmgN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29233&group=uk.rec.sheds#29233

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:06:43 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:06 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
> "Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
> > I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
> > are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
> >
> > As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.
>
> Shedding evil seems like a good thing to do.

We already have the matches, who has the black candles?

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<%NQ6N.17714$tQH1.8735@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29234&group=uk.rec.sheds#29234

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:08:58 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:08 UTC

On 20-Nov-23 20:19, Kerr-Mudd, John wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 19:00:14 +0000
> Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
>> Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.
>>
>> Version 115.4.3 (64bit)
>>
>> For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
>> bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
>> counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.
>>
>> I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.
>>
>> Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and
>
> I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
> are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
>
> As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.

Should have been e.r.sheds - I only did that to see who was awake!

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<%PQ6N.17715$tQH1.988@fx10.ams1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29235&group=uk.rec.sheds#29235

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:11:07 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:11 UTC

On 20-Nov-23 20:44, Ahem A Rivet's Shot wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
> "Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>
>> I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
>> are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
>>
>> As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.
>
> Shedding evil seems like a good thing to do.

How about a sledding Elvis?

(I'm sure that someone, somewhere, is flogging an Elvis figure riding on
a Santa-type sleigh - there has to be!)

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<ujh2k3$huj8$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29236&group=uk.rec.sheds#29236

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:54:11 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 01:54 UTC

On 20/11/2023 19:00, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.
>
> Version 115.4.3 (64bit)
>
> For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
> bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
> counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.
>
> I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.
>
> Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and
> fail to decrement _until_ I read a post from John T
> (hubops@ccanoemail.com).
> His posts all do the right thing - un-bold themselves and decrement the
> counter.
>
> This leads me to the vital conclusion that...  I haven't the faintest
> clue about what is going on!
>
> [1] Settings are to un-bold a post, 1 second after accessing it.

+1

Tone

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<slrnulommk.4e9.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29238&group=uk.rec.sheds#29238

From: maus@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 21 Nov 2023 07:23:00 GMT
 by: maus - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 07:23 UTC

On 2023-11-20, Sn!pe <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote:
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
>> "Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
>>
>> > I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
>> > are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
>> >
>> > As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.
>>
>> Shedding evil seems like a good thing to do.
>
> We already have the matches, who has the black candles?

And the naked lady to use a an alter (Don't matter is she is not young,
after all shed is for elderly people)

--
greymausg@mail.com
Death to the Influencers, hung, drawn and quartered is more than they deserve.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<20231121105048.1d6002aa6fddc4f258e3f3d6@127.0.0.1>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29239&group=uk.rec.sheds#29239

From: admin@127.0.0.1 (Kerr-Mudd, John)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:50:48 +0000
GNU: Terry Pratchett
 by: Kerr-Mudd, John - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 10:50 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 22:06:43 +0000
snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 20:19:04 +0000
> > "Kerr-Mudd, John" <admin@127.0.0.1> wrote:
> >
> > > I took a look at the NHG list; the only matches I get for 'shed'
> > > are u.r.s and alt.fan.shedevil
> > >
> > > As I'm not into evil ways I haven't subscribed.
> >
> > Shedding evil seems like a good thing to do.
>
> We already have the matches, who has the black candles?

If I was you I'd be careful with those candles! I've got a bell and book
waiting ...

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

Re: Thunderbird and its odd ways

<ks3tbpFqufqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29248&group=uk.rec.sheds#29248

From: chrisnd@privacy.net (chrisnd@privacy.net)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:32:24 +0000
 by: chrisnd@privacy.net - Tue, 21 Nov 2023 14:32 UTC

On 20/11/2023 19:00, Sam Plusnet wrote:
> Back to strange stuff that Thunderbird gets up to.
>
> Version 115.4.3 (64bit)
>
> For quite some time I've had an odd glitch where posts don't go from
> bold font to un_bold font as I read them[1], and the "Unread Post"
> counter in the left had column doesn't decrement.

I had noticed this too - but only in Thunderthing mail...

> I've just noticed an even more strange aspect of it.
>
> Whilst reading u.e.sheds, posts would fail to un_bold themselves and
> fail to decrement _until_ I read a post from John T
> (hubops@ccanoemail.com).

In the above mentioned email I had the opposite problem I realised in
that a couple of sender's posts would go 'normal' when I read them and
the counter would go down. Moving on to the next post these particular
posts would be re-emboldened and the counter would not change (cos
obviously I was reading a new one by then).

> His posts all do the right thing - un-bold themselves and decrement the
> counter.

I had to right click and 'mark as read' to get things to work.

> This leads me to the vital conclusion that... I haven't the faintest
> clue about what is going on!

Quite so - but there again I noticed that one of my posts elsewhere was
recently dated January 1970!!!!

Chris