The best cure for insomnia is to get a lot of sleep. -- W. C. Fields

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

SubjectAuthor
* Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'swldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'Spike
+* Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'swldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'JNugent

1
Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

<f64f2a42-84b1-44b0-b01b-cc86dc12674dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29242&group=uk.rec.cycling#29242

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 10:39:14 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:39 UTC

A man has been arrested after a cyclist died following a collision in Erdington. The tragic incident happened on Chester Road at its junction with Gravelly Lane just before 5.30pm yesterday afternoon (May 31).

West Midlands Police said a 36-year-old man went to a police station later in the evening and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remained in custody for questioning this morning.

Detectives added the male cyclist is believed to be in his forties and a Mercedes car suspected of being involved in the collision had also been recovered. The road has re-opened and the force has urged anyone with information to contact them.

Earlier today, we reported the deceased had been identified as a middle-aged cyclist. West Midlands Ambulance Service released a statement.

Emergency response crews rushed to the scene with the first ambulance arriving within eight minutes of a call. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “When crews arrived they found members of the public providing basic life support to the cyclist.

"They immediately took over and provided advance trauma care. Sadly, despite their best efforts, it was not possible to save the man and he was confirmed dead at the scene.”

West Midlands Police had launched an urgent appeal to track a driver. Det Sgt Paul Hughes from the force's Serious Collision Investigation Unit previously said: “I really need to hear from anyone with dash-cam, mobile phone or CCTV footage.”

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/chester-road-cyclist-man-arrest-27034123

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

<kds3urF7cslU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29244&group=uk.rec.cycling#29244

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 1 Jun 2023 17:48:11 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 17:48 UTC

I’ve seen a report on this somewhere very recently; was it posted on this
group?

--
Spike

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

<c4ec839c-0442-4fa9-b97d-5d16a3261ec8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29249&group=uk.rec.cycling#29249

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 11:43:43 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 18:43 UTC

QUOTE: West Midlands Police said a 36-year-old man went to a police station later in the evening and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. ENDS

If they can get the "dangerous" charge to stick, that means serious jailtime.
Fingers crossed.

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

<kdsa60F8av6U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29261&group=uk.rec.cycling#29261

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 20:34:25 +0100
 by: JNugent - Thu, 1 Jun 2023 19:34 UTC

> A man has been arrested after a cyclist died following a collision in Erdington. The tragic incident happened on Chester Road at its junction with Gravelly Lane just before 5.30pm yesterday afternoon (May 31).
> West Midlands Police said a 36-year-old man went to a police station later in the evening and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. He remained in custody for questioning this morning.
> Detectives added the male cyclist is believed to be in his forties and a Mercedes car suspected of being involved in the collision had also been recovered. The road has re-opened

I should hope it has. Chester Road (A452) is a main SE-NW traffic route
to the north and east of Birmingham.

It's a traffic-light-controlled junction, of course.

> and the force has urged anyone with information to contact them.
> Earlier today, we reported the deceased had been identified as a middle-aged cyclist. West Midlands Ambulance Service released a statement.
> Emergency response crews rushed to the scene with the first ambulance arriving within eight minutes of a call. A West Midlands Ambulance Service spokesperson said: “When crews arrived they found members of the public providing basic life support to the cyclist.
> "They immediately took over and provided advance trauma care. Sadly, despite their best efforts, it was not possible to save the man and he was confirmed dead at the scene.”
> West Midlands Police had launched an urgent appeal to track a driver. Det Sgt Paul Hughes from the force's Serious Collision Investigation Unit previously said: “I really need to hear from anyone with dash-cam, mobile phone or CCTV footage.”
>
> https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/chester-road-cyclist-man-arrest-27034123

Re: Man arrested after cyclist dies in Chester Road 'hit-and-run'

<e1c14ae8-0858-40d7-b1b3-72d64f616149n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29271&group=uk.rec.cycling#29271

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2023 21:20:31 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 2 Jun 2023 04:20 UTC

On Thursday, June 1, 2023 at 7:43:44 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: West Midlands Police said a 36-year-old man went to a police station later in the evening and was arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving. ENDS
>
> If they can get the "dangerous" charge to stick, that means serious jailtime.
> Fingers crossed.

Time reduced for handing himself in perhaps?