From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Lycra Loonies
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:07:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:dfsfd9nEQhpWE5NDNx+jPbI9tI4=
 by: Brian - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 14:07 UTC

Driving along a narrow B road about 2 hours ago, I encountered 2 lycra
loonies- complete with signs on their bikes indicating they had cameras.

They were all over the road, wobbling, weaving, preventing cars from
overtaking - it was clearly deliberate.

Eventually, a section of road came along and I was able to pass- giving
them plenty of space.

The car behind wasn’t so lucky, he passed but I suspect will appear on a
video.

A bit later, I saw the lycra loonies again, in the town we were driving to.

One was parking his bike blocking the pavement. The other was blocking the
road making a phone call.

Re: Lycra Loonies

<ke1cejF1f81U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29308&group=uk.rec.cycling#29308

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Lycra Loonies
Date: 3 Jun 2023 17:43:47 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 17:43 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:

> Driving along a narrow B road about 2 hours ago, I encountered 2 lycra
> loonies- complete with signs on their bikes indicating they had cameras.
>
> They were all over the road, wobbling, weaving, preventing cars from
> overtaking - it was clearly deliberate.
>
> Eventually, a section of road came along and I was able to pass- giving
> them plenty of space.
>
> The car behind wasn’t so lucky, he passed but I suspect will appear on a
> video.
>
> A bit later, I saw the lycra loonies again, in the town we were driving to.
>

> One was parking his bike blocking the pavement. The other was blocking the
> road making a phone call.

Disgraceful.

If the boot was on the other foot, the police web sites would melt with the
overload.

--
Spike