Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 11:42:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Teenager arrested after crash with car leaves cyclist in hospital
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 18:42 UTC

A cyclist is in hospital in a serious condition after being hit by a car on Friday afternoon in South Ayrshire.

At around 2.35pm on Friday, June 2, a crash occurred between a car and a cyclist on the A719 near the entrance to Culzean Country Park in Maybole.

The 69-year-old female cyclist was airlifted to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital in Glasgow where she remains in a serious but stable condition..

The 18-year-old male driver of the car was arrested in connection with road traffic offences and released pending further enquiries.

The road was closed while crash investigations were carried out and reopened around 1.15am on Saturday, June 3.

Sergeant Gordon Stewart of Ayrshire Road Policing said: “I am appealing for anyone with information regarding this incident to contact us.

“I would ask any motorists particularly with dash cams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation.”

Anyone with information is urged to call Police Scotland via 101, quoting incident number 2401 of June 2, 2023.

https://news.stv.tv/west-central/teenager-arrested-after-crash-with-car-in-maybole-leaves-cyclist-in-hospital