From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: The Long Shadow
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:45:52 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:45 UTC

Just binge-watched all of this on ITVX. Very good acting, and period
settings. Not quite sure of Toby Jones Yorkshire accent though.
'
It's the dramatised full story of the police chasing Peter Sutcliffe.

It doesn't hold back on what a mess certain senior detectives made of it.

Tone

Re: The Long Shadow

<IwxNUsABGoYlFAdp@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29323&group=uk.rec.sheds#29323

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: The Long Shadow
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:21:37 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:21 UTC

In article <ujttf0$2ua7g$3@dont-email.me>, Hymermut <tone@email.com> on
Sat, 25 Nov 2023 at 22:45:52 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Just binge-watched all of this on ITVX. Very good acting, and period
>settings. Not quite sure of Toby Jones Yorkshire accent though.
>'
>It's the dramatised full story of the police chasing Peter Sutcliffe.
>
>It doesn't hold back on what a mess certain senior detectives made of it.

In those days, being intelligent, resourceful, having integrity and
understanding the latest technology seemed to have been a bar to
promotion. I am not sure that things have improved very much.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: The Long Shadow

<1415mih54fosrc4tgmqi7g45kdl9dju0mu@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29324&group=uk.rec.sheds#29324

From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 18:39:59 -0500
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:39 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:21:37 +0000, "Nicholas D. Richards"
<nicholas@salmiron.com> wrote:

>In article <ujttf0$2ua7g$3@dont-email.me>, Hymermut <tone@email.com> on
>Sat, 25 Nov 2023 at 22:45:52 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>>Just binge-watched all of this on ITVX. Very good acting, and period
>>settings. Not quite sure of Toby Jones Yorkshire accent though.
>>'
>>It's the dramatised full story of the police chasing Peter Sutcliffe.
>>
>>It doesn't hold back on what a mess certain senior detectives made of it.
>>
>In those days, being intelligent, resourceful, having integrity and
>understanding the latest technology seemed to have been a bar to
>promotion. I am not sure that things have improved very much.

I alternate from total distrust and disgust of the police and court
system < after so many wrongful convictions over the years >
to Atta Boy ! when some old cold case is solved -
recently through the dna data on the genealogy sites.
John T.