Consultant, n.: An ordinary man a long way from home.

aus+uk / uk.sport.cricket / Hostile reaction

SubjectAuthor
* Hostile reactionmax.it
`* Hostile reactionJohn Hall
 `* Hostile reactionmike
  `* Hostile reactionJohn Hall
   `* Hostile reactionJohn Hall
    `* Hostile reactionmax.it
     `* Hostile reactionmiked
      `* Hostile reactionJohn Hall
       `* Hostile reactionmax.it
        `* Hostile reactionJohn Hall
         `- Hostile reactionmike

1
Hostile reaction

<puvmnid11cgjj13tu3amf95ij7ovbsa3bf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29324&group=uk.sport.cricket#29324

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Hostile reaction
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:25:37 +0000
 by: max.it - Thu, 14 Dec 2023 22:25 UTC

I didn't see the England game, I just kept an eye on the score.
Read through the post match comments on BBC and England are getting a
bigger beating on the forums than they are on the field.
Mott, Curran, Livingstone and Buttler are getting most of the
criticism although Buttler to relinquish captaincy rather than be
chased.
A lot of the comments probably from people who can't remember pre
Morgan England.

max.it

Re: Hostile reaction

<xsEc7EBV4XflFwiH@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29339&group=uk.sport.cricket#29339

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Hostile reaction
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 10:38:13 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 10:38 UTC

In message <puvmnid11cgjj13tu3amf95ij7ovbsa3bf@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes

>I didn't see the England game, I just kept an eye on the score.
>Read through the post match comments on BBC and England are getting a
>bigger beating on the forums than they are on the field.
>Mott, Curran, Livingstone and Buttler are getting most of the
>criticism although Buttler to relinquish captaincy rather than be
>chased.
>A lot of the comments probably from people who can't remember pre
>Morgan England.
>

>max.it

A heads up that today's match is a day-time rather than a day/night
fixture, which means that it starts at a civilised time (5:30 pm) for UK
watchers/listeners.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: Hostile reaction

<aa275255-9088-4f25-88c0-7a014d24fec5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29340&group=uk.sport.cricket#29340

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 06:56:02 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 14:56 UTC

On Saturday, December 16, 2023 at 10:39:33 AM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <puvmnid11cgjj13tu...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >
> >I didn't see the England game, I just kept an eye on the score.
> >Read through the post match comments on BBC and England are getting a
> >bigger beating on the forums than they are on the field.
> >Mott, Curran, Livingstone and Buttler are getting most of the
> >criticism although Buttler to relinquish captaincy rather than be
> >chased.

i think buttler deciding to step down is more likely, dunno who would
replace him? I cant remember the squad they chose, but i thought
Topley and the mysterious John Turner were in it. seems odd to
take them and not play em when the teams keep losing. Unless
theyve injured themselves playing golf, which is how they usually prep
for a game nowadays.

I think motty has a 3 years left on his contract so it would be v expensive
for ECB to change him, plus an admission they got the wrong man.
a lot of people want morgan to takeover as coach but i wonder if
he wants to do that so soon after retiring from international cricket.

> >A lot of the comments probably from people who can't remember pre
> >Morgan England.
> >

> >max.it
> A heads up that today's match is a day-time rather than a day/night
> fixture, which means that it starts at a civilised time (5:30 pm) for UK
> watchers/listeners.

28C in Grenada, nice if your a spectator.

mike

Re: Hostile reaction

<pXP8VfAuvdflFwiL@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29343&group=uk.sport.cricket#29343

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:18:38 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 17:18 UTC

In message <aa275255-9088-4f25-88c0-7a014d24fec5n@googlegroups.com>,
mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>i think buttler deciding to step down is more likely, dunno who would
>replace him? I cant remember the squad they chose, but i thought Topley
>and the mysterious John Turner were in it. seems odd to take them and
>not play em when the teams keep losing. Unless theyve injured
>themselves playing golf, which is how they usually prep for a game
>nowadays.

Turner has indeed picked up an injury, but I don't know whether or not
it was playing golf. And Topley is playing today, not before time.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: Hostile reaction

<Wb1z25BFJhflFwkO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29345&group=uk.sport.cricket#29345

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:10:29 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:10 UTC

In message <pXP8VfAuvdflFwiL@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>In message <aa275255-9088-4f25-88c0-7a014d24fec5n@googlegroups.com>,
>mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>i think buttler deciding to step down is more likely, dunno who would
>>replace him? I cant remember the squad they chose, but i thought
>>Topley and the mysterious John Turner were in it. seems odd to take
>>them and not play em when the teams keep losing. Unless theyve injured
>>themselves playing golf, which is how they usually prep for a game nowadays.
>
>Turner has indeed picked up an injury, but I don't know whether or not
>it was playing golf. And Topley is playing today, not before time.

Having just watched today's match, all I can say is "Wow!"
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: Hostile reaction

<tkqtnih2m9qvggoi3u3b8coahv1h5r2eqs@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29346&group=uk.sport.cricket#29346

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:34:42 +0000
 by: max.it - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 12:34 UTC

On Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:10:29 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <pXP8VfAuvdflFwiL@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>In message <aa275255-9088-4f25-88c0-7a014d24fec5n@googlegroups.com>,
>>mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>>i think buttler deciding to step down is more likely, dunno who would
>>>replace him? I cant remember the squad they chose, but i thought
>>>Topley and the mysterious John Turner were in it. seems odd to take
>>>them and not play em when the teams keep losing. Unless theyve injured
>>>themselves playing golf, which is how they usually prep for a game nowadays.
>>
>>Turner has indeed picked up an injury, but I don't know whether or not
>>it was playing golf. And Topley is playing today, not before time.
>
>Having just watched today's match, all I can say is "Wow!"

That performance has caused a stunned silence on some of the forums.

max.it

Re: Hostile reaction

<add892558b240b56b2a3c27f8d80b040@news.novabbs.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29348&group=uk.sport.cricket#29348

From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (miked)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:49:25 +0000
 by: miked - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:49 UTC

max.it wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Dec 2023 21:10:29 +0000, John Hall
> <john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>>In message <pXP8VfAuvdflFwiL@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
>><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> writes
>>>In message <aa275255-9088-4f25-88c0-7a014d24fec5n@googlegroups.com>,
>>>mike <dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>>
>>>Turner has indeed picked up an injury, but I don't know whether or not

that doesnt surprise me. the only thing i know for sure about him is
that he gets injured a lot.

>>>it was playing golf. And Topley is playing today, not before time.
>>
>>Having just watched today's match, all I can say is "Wow!"

Salt's innings was magnificent even if he got a lucky umpires call early on.
I just hope that they realise the value of batting long, not just a few
boundaries and out which has been their downfall recently. Obviously
St.georges must be a small ground for 34x6 in 1 game, but that must
be 1 of the best 7 ball innings by brook ever. However, its a little odd
that Mills still makes the team but Willey is considered too old. And
given that Atkinson is going to india, seeing him carted here, is
rather worrying.

> That performance has caused a stunned silence on some of the forums.

not the ones i see. on bbc which isnt broadcasting it all, about 400
comments most of them positive, although it will take more than 1 win
to silence the get mott out now crowd.

mike

Re: Hostile reaction

<0QdrTVBNj0flFwxO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29349&group=uk.sport.cricket#29349

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:15:25 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:15 UTC

In message <add892558b240b56b2a3c27f8d80b040@news.novabbs.com>, miked
<dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>Salt's innings was magnificent even if he got a lucky umpires call early on.
>I just hope that they realise the value of batting long, not just a few
>boundaries and out which has been their downfall recently. Obviously
>St.georges must be a small ground for 34x6 in 1 game, but that must
>be 1 of the best 7 ball innings by brook ever.

Indeed. Buttler also looked much more like his usual self.

> However, its a little odd
>that Mills still makes the team but Willey is considered too old. And
>given that Atkinson is going to india, seeing him carted here, is
>rather worrying.

Well up until yesterday he had been perhaps the best of England's quicks
(though of course Topley hadn't played in any of the earlier matches).
Apart from Topley, all the quicks on both sides struggled in this batch,
with Mottie, Rashid and Moeen being the only bowlers apart from Topley
to go at less than 10 rpo. But Mills did seem particularly out of
kilter, and England must have wished that they had played Woakes
instead, though of course there's no guarantee that he would have done
any better. At least Curran seemed much more like himself for his first
three overs, and by the time he bowled his fourth all the bowlers were
being taken to the cleaners - even Rashid's and Topley's final overs
were expensive IIRC.

I see you called yourself "miked" rather than "mike" for this post. Is
there any significance in that?
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: Hostile reaction

<3pjuni5ibplj0crjbojfv8bko2n819sk7j@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29350&group=uk.sport.cricket#29350

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:45:02 +0000
 by: max.it - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:45 UTC

On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:15:25 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <add892558b240b56b2a3c27f8d80b040@news.novabbs.com>, miked
><dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>>Salt's innings was magnificent even if he got a lucky umpires call early on.
>>I just hope that they realise the value of batting long, not just a few
>>boundaries and out which has been their downfall recently. Obviously
>>St.georges must be a small ground for 34x6 in 1 game, but that must
>>be 1 of the best 7 ball innings by brook ever.
>
>Indeed. Buttler also looked much more like his usual self.
>
>> However, its a little odd
>>that Mills still makes the team but Willey is considered too old. And
>>given that Atkinson is going to india, seeing him carted here, is
>>rather worrying.
>
>Well up until yesterday he had been perhaps the best of England's quicks
>(though of course Topley hadn't played in any of the earlier matches).
>Apart from Topley, all the quicks on both sides struggled in this batch,
>with Mottie, Rashid and Moeen being the only bowlers apart from Topley
>to go at less than 10 rpo. But Mills did seem particularly out of
>kilter, and England must have wished that they had played Woakes
>instead, though of course there's no guarantee that he would have done
>any better. At least Curran seemed much more like himself for his first
>three overs, and by the time he bowled his fourth all the bowlers were
>being taken to the cleaners - even Rashid's and Topley's final overs
>were expensive IIRC.
>
>I see you called yourself "miked" rather than "mike" for this post. Is
>there any significance in that?

I reckon I know why the d.
There was the random post before with full name on.

max.it

Re: Hostile reaction

<2R$7zJCFW1flFwAq@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29351&group=uk.sport.cricket#29351

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:09:41 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sun, 17 Dec 2023 20:09 UTC

In message <3pjuni5ibplj0crjbojfv8bko2n819sk7j@4ax.com>, max. it
<max@tea.time> writes
>On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:15:25 +0000, John Hall
><john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>I see you called yourself "miked" rather than "mike" for this post. Is
>>there any significance in that?
>

>I reckon I know why the d.
>There was the random post before with full name on.
>
>max.it

Ah, I didn't spot that.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people
from coughing."
Sir Ralph Richardson (1902-83)

Re: Hostile reaction

<8e2300c2-6a85-4398-8c93-64bcd342422fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29353&group=uk.sport.cricket#29353

Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2023 08:09:08 -0800 (PST)
From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (mike)
 by: mike - Mon, 18 Dec 2023 16:09 UTC

On Sunday, December 17, 2023 at 8:19:17 PM UTC, John Hall wrote:
> In message <3pjuni5ibplj0crjb...@4ax.com>, max. it
> <m...@tea.time> writes
> >On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 19:15:25 +0000, John Hall
> ><john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> >>
> >>I see you called yourself "miked" rather than "mike" for this post. Is
> >>there any significance in that?
> >

> >I reckon I know why the d.
> >There was the random post before with full name on.
> >
> >max.it
> Ah, I didn't spot that.
> --

I was trying out a diffrent server thing and unsurprsingley the
username mike was already taken

mike