This supersedes all previous notices.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrestedswldx...@gmail.com
`* Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrestedMike Collins
 +- Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre asSpike
 +- Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driverJNugent
 `- Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrestedswldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

<f75ae2b8-8f96-4da4-9940-f89f7af66fe8n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29319&group=uk.rec.cycling#29319

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 11:49:32 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 18:49 UTC

A teenage cyclist has died after a collision with a heavy goods vehicle in Manchester city centre on Wednesday (May 24).

Emergency services swarmed Great Bridgewater Street, off Deansgate, at around midday but tragically, the man, aged 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.

A 55-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.

Police said the cyclist had been riding along the road at around 12pm when he was struck by the vehicle close to the junction of Watson Street.

Great Bridgewater Street remained closed off for a number of hours on Wednesday as investigations were carried out, with a number of officers stationed at the cordon. Tape also blocked off the pavement beside the Great Northern NCP car park

Greater Manchester Police are now appealing for anyone with information, dashcam or CCTV footage of the fatal crash to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-cyclist-19-dead-after-26985116

Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

<f2ad65a1-2263-450f-be89-3f1adc46a360n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29326&group=uk.rec.cycling#29326

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 12:58:37 -0700 (PDT)
From: cmike8828@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 19:58 UTC

On Saturday, 3 June 2023 at 19:49:33 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A teenage cyclist has died after a collision with a heavy goods vehicle in Manchester city centre on Wednesday (May 24).
>
> Emergency services swarmed Great Bridgewater Street, off Deansgate, at around midday but tragically, the man, aged 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
>
> A 55-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.
>
> Police said the cyclist had been riding along the road at around 12pm when he was struck by the vehicle close to the junction of Watson Street.
>
> Great Bridgewater Street remained closed off for a number of hours on Wednesday as investigations were carried out, with a number of officers stationed at the cordon. Tape also blocked off the pavement beside the Great Northern NCP car park
>
> Greater Manchester Police are now appealing for anyone with information, dashcam or CCTV footage of the fatal crash to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit.
>
> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-cyclist-19-dead-after-26985116

Was the HGV driver wearing a helmet?

Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

<ke1r8uF3kgpU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29333&group=uk.rec.cycling#29333

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as
driver arrested
Date: 3 Jun 2023 21:56:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 21:56 UTC

Mike Collins <cmike8828@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Saturday, 3 June 2023 at 19:49:33 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> A teenage cyclist has died after a collision with a heavy goods vehicle
>> in Manchester city centre on Wednesday (May 24).
>>
>> Emergency services swarmed Great Bridgewater Street, off Deansgate, at
>> around midday but tragically, the man, aged 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
>>
>> A 55-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death
>> by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.
>>
>> Police said the cyclist had been riding along the road at around 12pm
>> when he was struck by the vehicle close to the junction of Watson Street.
>>
>> Great Bridgewater Street remained closed off for a number of hours on
>> Wednesday as investigations were carried out, with a number of officers
>> stationed at the cordon. Tape also blocked off the pavement beside the
>> Great Northern NCP car park
>>
>> Greater Manchester Police are now appealing for anyone with information,
>> dashcam or CCTV footage of the fatal crash to contact the Serious
>> Collision Investigation Unit.
>>
>> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-cyclist-19-dead-after-26985116
>
> Was the HGV driver wearing a helmet?

OFFS.

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

<ke22b1F4k7cU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29338&group=uk.rec.cycling#29338

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver
arrested
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 00:57:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 3 Jun 2023 23:57 UTC

On 03/06/2023 08:58 pm, Mike Collins wrote:

> On Saturday, 3 June 2023 at 19:49:33 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>> A teenage cyclist has died after a collision with a heavy goods vehicle in Manchester city centre on Wednesday (May 24).
>> Emergency services swarmed Great Bridgewater Street, off Deansgate, at around midday but tragically, the man, aged 19, was pronounced dead at the scene.
>> A 55-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and remains in police custody for questioning.
>> Police said the cyclist had been riding along the road at around 12pm when he was struck by the vehicle close to the junction of Watson Street.
>> Great Bridgewater Street remained closed off for a number of hours on Wednesday as investigations were carried out, with a number of officers stationed at the cordon. Tape also blocked off the pavement beside the Great Northern NCP car park
>> Greater Manchester Police are now appealing for anyone with information, dashcam or CCTV footage of the fatal crash to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit.
>> https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-cyclist-19-dead-after-26985116

> Was the HGV driver wearing a helmet?

More seriously, why has Mad Mason posted the same report at least three
times?

Re: Cyclist, 19, dead after crash with HGV in city centre as driver arrested

<93105f81-82e8-4c74-a0af-347eee4ed55an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29344&group=uk.rec.cycling#29344

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2023 20:30:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 03:30 UTC

On Saturday, June 3, 2023 at 8:58:38 PM UTC+1, Mike Collins wrote:

> > https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/news/greater-manchester-news/breaking-cyclist-19-dead-after-26985116
> Was the HGV driver wearing a helmet?

Why - are they prone to rollover "accidents" as well?