Many alligators will be slain, but the swamp will remain.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

SubjectAuthor
* "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onBrian
+* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sJNugent
+* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onSpike
+* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onSpike
|`* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onSpike
| `* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|  +- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onSpike
|  +- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|  `- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sJNugent
+* Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake onSpike
|+- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sJNugent
`- Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist'sswldx...@gmail.com

1
"Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<1a060f2d-bb4c-49bc-9c92-0954a587e9bdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29382&group=uk.rec.cycling#29382

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2023 13:04:34 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 4 Jun 2023 20:04 UTC

A York cyclist's e-bike was vandalised by suspected thieves, believed to have been hoping to steal the wheel and rear-hub motor, leaving the mobility vehicle in a dangerous condition.

Anna Semlyen, a campaign manager for the 20's Plenty UK speed limit campaign told road.cc how the bike was locked in the city centre when the damage occurred, the offender or offenders removing bolts from the disc brake rotor, leaving her rear brake unusable.

"They've removed six bolts holding the disc on and they've actually removed the big nut holding the axle on the frame," her mechanic explained. "Dangerous. No back brake and your wheel is not fixed in properly."

Asked by Anna if they could have killed her on her bike, he replied: "Yeah, potentially... clearly [criminal damage]."

Speaking to YorkMix (link is external) about the incident, Anna said she was riding around questioning why her brakes weren't working very well.

"These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike.

"Why are you attacking a bike that is labelled a disability vehicle? It's completely appalling and nasty behaviour to the point of potentially putting my life at risk. What this does is leave me with a ticking time bomb, with a back wheel that is so unsafe that if I hit something hard, the wheel's going to come off.

"I feel shaken. I'm extremely upset about this. This is very stressful – it's not just a little bit of theft. It's an appalling version of theft that is completely dangerous to my my welfare."

Anna explained to road.cc how she relies on her Transeo e-bike as her mobility vehicle having suffered a broken her leg in 1992 when she was knocked off her bike in a collision involving a driver, this one a recent replacement after a previous bike was stolen.

"My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."

Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg.

"It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."

https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<u5k15r$9hil$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29385&group=uk.rec.cycling#29385

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:00:11 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:0xdjROnu9rtKKTsBAAu8pl5M4gQ=
 by: Brian - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 07:00 UTC

> A York cyclist's e-bike was vandalised by suspected thieves, believed to
> have been hoping to steal the wheel and rear-hub motor, leaving the
> mobility vehicle in a dangerous condition.
>
> Anna Semlyen, a campaign manager for the 20's Plenty UK speed limit
> campaign told road.cc how the bike was locked in the city centre when the
> damage occurred, the offender or offenders removing bolts from the disc
> brake rotor, leaving her rear brake unusable.
>
> "They've removed six bolts holding the disc on and they've actually
> removed the big nut holding the axle on the frame," her mechanic
> explained. "Dangerous. No back brake and your wheel is not fixed in properly."
>
> Asked by Anna if they could have killed her on her bike, he replied:
> "Yeah, potentially... clearly [criminal damage]."
>
> Speaking to YorkMix (link is external) about the incident, Anna said she
> was riding around questioning why her brakes weren't working very well.
>
> "These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach
> your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that
> attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I
> don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike.
>
> "Why are you attacking a bike that is labelled a disability vehicle? It's
> completely appalling and nasty behaviour to the point of potentially
> putting my life at risk. What this does is leave me with a ticking time
> bomb, with a back wheel that is so unsafe that if I hit something hard,
> the wheel's going to come off.
>
> "I feel shaken. I'm extremely upset about this. This is very stressful –
> it's not just a little bit of theft. It's an appalling version of theft
> that is completely dangerous to my my welfare."
>
> Anna explained to road.cc how she relies on her Transeo e-bike as her
> mobility vehicle having suffered a broken her leg in 1992 when she was
> knocked off her bike in a collision involving a driver, this one a recent
> replacement after a previous bike was stolen.
>
> "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when
> pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
>
> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a
> metal rod to stabilise the leg.
>
> "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a
> few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."
>
> https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655

As has been pointed out many times, fellow cyclists steal bikes from other
cyclists.

Wasn’t there a report recently of people who claim to have “unexplainably”
acquired collections of chav bikes built from stray parts?

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke5rhhFm79iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29391&group=uk.rec.cycling#29391

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 5 Jun 2023 10:25:53 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 10:25 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A York cyclist's e-bike was vandalised by suspected thieves, believed to
>> have been hoping to steal the wheel and rear-hub motor, leaving the
>> mobility vehicle in a dangerous condition.
>>
>> Anna Semlyen, a campaign manager for the 20's Plenty UK speed limit
>> campaign told road.cc how the bike was locked in the city centre when the
>> damage occurred, the offender or offenders removing bolts from the disc
>> brake rotor, leaving her rear brake unusable.
>>
>> "They've removed six bolts holding the disc on and they've actually
>> removed the big nut holding the axle on the frame," her mechanic
>> explained. "Dangerous. No back brake and your wheel is not fixed in properly."
>>
>> Asked by Anna if they could have killed her on her bike, he replied:
>> "Yeah, potentially... clearly [criminal damage]."
>>
>> Speaking to YorkMix (link is external) about the incident, Anna said she
>> was riding around questioning why her brakes weren't working very well.
>>
>> "These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach
>> your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that
>> attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I
>> don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike.
>>
>> "Why are you attacking a bike that is labelled a disability vehicle? It's
>> completely appalling and nasty behaviour to the point of potentially
>> putting my life at risk. What this does is leave me with a ticking time
>> bomb, with a back wheel that is so unsafe that if I hit something hard,
>> the wheel's going to come off.
>>
>> "I feel shaken. I'm extremely upset about this. This is very stressful –
>> it's not just a little bit of theft. It's an appalling version of theft
>> that is completely dangerous to my my welfare."
>>
>> Anna explained to road.cc how she relies on her Transeo e-bike as her
>> mobility vehicle having suffered a broken her leg in 1992 when she was
>> knocked off her bike in a collision involving a driver, this one a recent
>> replacement after a previous bike was stolen.
>>
>> "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when
>> pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
>>
>> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a
>> metal rod to stabilise the leg.
>>
>> "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a
>> few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
>> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."
>>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655
>>

> As has been pointed out many times, fellow cyclists steal bikes from other
> cyclists.

> Wasn’t there a report recently of people who claim to have “unexplainably”
> acquired collections of chav bikes built from stray parts?

Yes, Mason shoots himself in the foot by posting items about bicycle
thefts, seemingly oblivious of the fact that it is only cyclists that will
buy the stolen items - with all that confirming that cyclists are basically
criminals.

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke5vonFmquaU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29397&group=uk.rec.cycling#29397

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:38:00 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 11:38 UTC

> A York cyclist's e-bike was vandalised by suspected thieves, believed to have been hoping to steal the wheel and rear-hub motor, leaving the mobility vehicle in a dangerous condition.
> Anna Semlyen, a campaign manager for the 20's Plenty UK speed limit campaign told road.cc how the bike was locked in the city centre when the damage occurred, the offender or offenders removing bolts from the disc brake rotor, leaving her rear brake unusable.

They'll be trying to sell the parts to other chav-cyclists.

They are, after all, the only market for stolen components, no questions
asked, narmean guv?

> "They've removed six bolts holding the disc on and they've actually removed the big nut holding the axle on the frame," her mechanic explained. "Dangerous. No back brake and your wheel is not fixed in properly."
> Asked by Anna if they could have killed her on her bike, he replied: "Yeah, potentially... clearly [criminal damage]."

Unlikely to stick. Theft is easier to make out.

> Speaking to YorkMix (link is external) about the incident, Anna said she was riding around questioning why her brakes weren't working very well.
> "These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike.

To sell them to chavs-on-E-bikes, of course. Who else would want them?

> "Why are you attacking a bike that is labelled a disability vehicle? It's completely appalling and nasty behaviour to the point of potentially putting my life at risk. What this does is leave me with a ticking time bomb, with a back wheel that is so unsafe that if I hit something hard, the wheel's going to come off.
> "I feel shaken. I'm extremely upset about this. This is very stressful – it's not just a little bit of theft. It's an appalling version of theft that is completely dangerous to my my welfare."
> Anna explained to road.cc how she relies on her Transeo e-bike as her mobility vehicle having suffered a broken her leg in 1992 when she was knocked off her bike in a collision involving a driver, this one a recent replacement after a previous bike was stolen.
> "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg.
> "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."

> https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke5vq7FmquaU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29398&group=uk.rec.cycling#29398

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:38:48 +0100

On 05/06/2023 11:25 am, Spike wrote:
> [...]
>>> metal rod to stabilise the leg.
>>>
>>> "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a
>>> few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
>>> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."
>>>
>>> https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655
>>>

>> As has been pointed out many times, fellow cyclists steal bikes from other
>> cyclists.
>
>> Wasn’t there a report recently of people who claim to have “unexplainably”
>> acquired collections of chav bikes built from stray parts?
>
> Yes, Mason shoots himself in the foot by posting items about bicycle
> thefts, seemingly oblivious of the fact that it is only cyclists that will
> buy the stolen items - with all that confirming that cyclists are basically

+1.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke5vr0FmquaU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29399&group=uk.rec.cycling#29399

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:39:13 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 11:39 UTC

On 05/06/2023 08:00 am, Brian wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>> A York cyclist's e-bike was vandalised by suspected thieves, believed to
>> have been hoping to steal the wheel and rear-hub motor, leaving the
>> mobility vehicle in a dangerous condition.
>>
>> Anna Semlyen, a campaign manager for the 20's Plenty UK speed limit
>> campaign told road.cc how the bike was locked in the city centre when the
>> damage occurred, the offender or offenders removing bolts from the disc
>> brake rotor, leaving her rear brake unusable.
>>
>> "They've removed six bolts holding the disc on and they've actually
>> removed the big nut holding the axle on the frame," her mechanic
>> explained. "Dangerous. No back brake and your wheel is not fixed in properly."
>>
>> Asked by Anna if they could have killed her on her bike, he replied:
>> "Yeah, potentially... clearly [criminal damage]."
>>
>> Speaking to YorkMix (link is external) about the incident, Anna said she
>> was riding around questioning why her brakes weren't working very well.
>>
>> "These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach
>> your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that
>> attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I
>> don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike.
>>
>> "Why are you attacking a bike that is labelled a disability vehicle? It's
>> completely appalling and nasty behaviour to the point of potentially
>> putting my life at risk. What this does is leave me with a ticking time
>> bomb, with a back wheel that is so unsafe that if I hit something hard,
>> the wheel's going to come off.
>>
>> "I feel shaken. I'm extremely upset about this. This is very stressful –
>> it's not just a little bit of theft. It's an appalling version of theft
>> that is completely dangerous to my my welfare."
>>
>> Anna explained to road.cc how she relies on her Transeo e-bike as her
>> mobility vehicle having suffered a broken her leg in 1992 when she was
>> knocked off her bike in a collision involving a driver, this one a recent
>> replacement after a previous bike was stolen.
>>
>> "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when
>> pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
>>
>> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a
>> metal rod to stabilise the leg.
>>
>> "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a
>> few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
>> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike."
>>
>> https://road.cc/content/news/thieves-disable-brake-cyclists-e-bike-mobility-vehicle-301655
>>

> As has been pointed out many times, fellow cyclists steal bikes from other
> cyclists.
>
> Wasn’t there a report recently of people who claim to have “unexplainably”
> acquired collections of chav bikes built from stray parts?

:-)

+1.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<508f8e08-4b47-4e22-9f4b-323967f9572bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29408&group=uk.rec.cycling#29408

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 12:47:47 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 19:47 UTC

Car Delenda Est | 374 posts | 1 day ago
4 likes

Maybe we need to take a note out of the drivists playbook and label the lack of secure bike storage as discriminatory against the disabled.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke720jFroesU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29415&group=uk.rec.cycling#29415

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:22:27 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 5 Jun 2023 21:22 UTC

> Car Delenda Est | 374 posts | 1 day ago
> 4 likes
>
> Maybe we need to take a note out of the drivists playbook and label the lack of secure bike storage as discriminatory against the disabled.

Would that include the mentally disabled who imagine that it is up to
other taxpayers to provide them with storage space for their belongings?

If you can't garage your fairy-cycle off-street in private space that
you control, sell it.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<26a3ec17-3c27-4fd5-819c-3e7ab8e361c5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29417&group=uk.rec.cycling#29417

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 5 Jun 2023 22:54:12 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 05:54 UTC

"These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike."

Guessing because they're thick as mince and thought the brake rotor has to come off before you can get the motor out. Hope Anna gets back on the road as soon as possible.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke88bsF2smkU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29421&group=uk.rec.cycling#29421

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 6 Jun 2023 08:17:00 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 08:17 UTC

> "These parts are very cheap. They are six different bolts that attach
> your disc brakes to the back of the bike, and then as a single bolt that
> attaches the the bike frame into the back wheel hub," she said. "So I
> don't know why they would bother to take them off my bike."

> Guessing because they're thick as mince…

These scrotes are dealing stolen parts with cyclists, they don’t need
brains for that, cyclists being as bright [SIC] as they are.

> …and thought the brake rotor has to come off before you can get the motor out.

Thanks for putting the scrotes right on how to remove the hub motor with
ease, perhaps they’ll now improve their technique.

> Hope Anna gets back on the road as soon as possible.

Perhaps Anna should get an omafiets, she can buy one for €25 in Amsterdam.

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<24a1e58a-7375-46cf-85dc-9f5a36353c70n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29424&group=uk.rec.cycling#29424

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 04:08:20 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 11:08 UTC

QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS

See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old hater gammons still stuck in WWII.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke8oe2F58s3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29435&group=uk.rec.cycling#29435

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 6 Jun 2023 12:51:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 12:51 UTC

> QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today,
> cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS
>
> See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old hater
> gammons still stuck in WWII.

I have a link to gammon’s web site. They sell swivels!

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<c1550866-af6d-4a78-abcc-df493d32142dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29440&group=uk.rec.cycling#29440

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 06:42:44 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:42 UTC

On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 12:08:21 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS
>
> See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old hater gammons still stuck in WWII.

Here he is in all his glory: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8ZMXpaUAM3tgL?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke91rhF6mfuU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29448&group=uk.rec.cycling#29448

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 6 Jun 2023 15:32:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 15:32 UTC

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 12:08:21 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today,
>> cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term
>> pain. Long-term gain.
>> In happier news... Martin's started making me
>> another really good e-bike." ENDS
>>
>> See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old
>> hater gammons still stuck in WWII.

> Here he is in all his glory:
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8ZMXpaUAM3tgL?format=jpg&name=medium

If only cyclist would adopted the WWII hero’s attitude of ‘mustn’t
grumble’ but there’s a fat chance of that. More like Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<3a1a6824-062a-4e54-a389-6b1547a6359fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29454&group=uk.rec.cycling#29454

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 09:36:15 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 16:36 UTC

On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 2:42:46 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 12:08:21 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> > QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
> > In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS
> >
> > See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old hater gammons still stuck in WWII.
> Here he is in all his glory: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8ZMXpaUAM3tgL?format=jpg&name=medium

This knuckledragger is the best of Britush.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx9A3KsXwAAWW6U?format=jpg&name=medium

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke99elF7r0bU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29466&group=uk.rec.cycling#29466

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 6 Jun 2023 17:41:41 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 17:41 UTC

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 2:42:46 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 12:08:21 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>> QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today,
>>> cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term
>>> pain. Long-term gain.
>>> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS
>>>
>>> See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old
>>> hater gammons still stuck in WWII.
>> Here he is in all his glory:
>> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8ZMXpaUAM3tgL?format=jpg&name=medium
>
> This knuckledragger is the best of Britush.[SIC]
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx9A3KsXwAAWW6U?format=jpg&name=medium

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<e7a0f7b6-1386-4c41-9fb8-88e25fa7820en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29472&group=uk.rec.cycling#29472

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 13:36:18 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 20:36 UTC

https://i0.wp.com/wingsoverscotland.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/godfreybloom.jpg?w=829&ssl=1

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<ke9onmFa2l3U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29476&group=uk.rec.cycling#29476

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 23:02:28 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 6 Jun 2023 22:02 UTC

On 06/06/2023 05:36 pm, swldx...@gmail.com...

....pretending to answer himself, said:

> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 2:42:46 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com...

....pretending to answer himself, said:

>> On Tuesday, June 6, 2023 at 12:08:21 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

>>> QUOTE: "It's a bit scary," she said. "I was tearful and tired today, cancelled a few things. I'm pleased he agreed to operate. Short-term pain. Long-term gain.
>>> In happier news... Martin's started making me another really good e-bike." ENDS
>
>>> See, there are some good people still around - not just the sad old hater gammons still stuck in WWII.

>> Here he is in all his glory: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fx8ZMXpaUAM3tgL?format=jpg&name=medium

> This knuckledragger is the best of Britush.

A chav-cyclist?

You misspelled Brutish.

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<1912c536-b2cf-483d-a4d9-aae17a4f718bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29484&group=uk.rec.cycling#29484

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 21:08:17 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 04:08 UTC

QUOTE: "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."

Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg. ENDS

My left leg spent 9 months in one of these.

http://www.boneschool.com/sites/default/files/TDwyer/TSF%20Clinical%20Photo%202.jpg

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<keasl7Ff6ktU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29494&group=uk.rec.cycling#29494

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: 7 Jun 2023 08:15:35 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 08:15 UTC

> QUOTE: "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join
> when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but
> the fibula didn't."
>
> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a
> metal rod to stabilise the leg. ENDS

> My left leg spent 9 months in one of these.

> http://www.boneschool.com/sites/default/files/TDwyer/TSF%20Clinical%20Photo%202.jpg

Was that as a result of a cycling accident?

--
Spike

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<e6dc94ff-122a-4f5b-8cd9-6ea60d626ea9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29500&group=uk.rec.cycling#29500

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 01:29:44 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 08:29 UTC

On Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 5:08:18 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
>
> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg. ENDS
>
> My left leg spent 9 months in one of these.
>
> http://www.boneschool.com/sites/default/files/TDwyer/TSF%20Clinical%20Photo%202.jpg

That's why I was on Fentanyl for a year - wife was a walking drug dealer!

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<kebiakFiar7U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29507&group=uk.rec.cycling#29507

From: jenningsandco@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
e-bike mobility vehicle
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2023 15:25:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 14:25 UTC

On 07/06/2023 05:08 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> QUOTE: "My leg was broken in 1992 cycling," she said. "Tibia didn't join when pinned. Surgeon cut into fibula to join tibia. The tibia joined but the fibula didn't."
>
> Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg. ENDS
>
> My left leg spent 9 months in one of these.
>
> http://www.boneschool.com/sites/default/files/TDwyer/TSF%20Clinical%20Photo%202.jpg

Whose fault was that?

Re: "Safer if they had nicked it": Thieves disable brake on cyclist's e-bike mobility vehicle

<f927389b-e1f9-4d84-a84b-2484ed9de19bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29520&group=uk.rec.cycling#29520

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2023 00:42:26 -0700 (PDT)
e-bike mobility vehicle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 8 Jun 2023 07:42 UTC

QUOTE: Anna has in the past days been recommended further surgery to insert a metal rod to stabilise the leg. ENDS

I have a Titanium plate on my ulna which matches my Titanium watch = Citizen Eco-Drive Satellite Wave.