Yield to Temptation ... it may not pass your way again. -- Lazarus Long, "Time Enough for Love"

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: A Shoe!

SubjectAuthor
* A Shoe!Hymermut
+- Re: A Shoe!Nicholas D. Richards
+* Re: A Shoe!Sam Plusnet
|+* Re: A Shoe!Sn!pe
||`* Re: A Shoe!Nicholas D. Richards
|| `* Re: A Shoe!Hymermut
||  `- Re: A Shoe!Sn!pe
|+- Re: A Shoe!Ahem A Rivet's Shot
|`- Re: A Shoe!Peter
`* Re: A Shoe!Chris Elvidge
 `* Re: A Shoe!Hymermut
  `* Re: A Shoe!Richard Robinson
   `* Re: A Shoe!John Williamson
    `- Re: A Shoe!Nicholas D. Richards

1
A Shoe!

<ujsthi$2qj5o$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29304&group=uk.rec.sheds#29304

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: A Shoe!
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:41:05 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 13:41 UTC

Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!

Pass atishoo.

Tone

Re: A Shoe!

<GbR+eUADGjYlFAvp@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29309&group=uk.rec.sheds#29309

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: A Shoe!
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:40:19 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 17:40 UTC

In article <ujsthi$2qj5o$2@dont-email.me>, Hymermut <tone@email.com> on
Sat, 25 Nov 2023 at 13:41:05 awoke Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
>means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
>but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>
>Pass atishoo.

SWMBO and I were joking about 'Machu Picchu', followed up by 'Bless
You'.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: A Shoe!

<xSr8N.7148$tIyd.967@fx34.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29313&group=uk.rec.sheds#29313

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:25:17 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:25 UTC

On 25-Nov-23 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
> Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
> means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
> but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>
> Pass atishoo.

GWS Tone.

<swerve>
SWMBO and I have both had our covid jabs.
I reacted to it, running a high temp around 12 hours after injection &
it lasted for maybe 6 hours. SWMBO didnt react at all - except having a
sore arm.

To me, that means my immune system is doing its wbo, whilst hers isn't
up to scratch. She doesn't see it that way.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: A Shoe!

<1qkrnyh.1nsv38sr2ihwqN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29315&group=uk.rec.sheds#29315

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:44:55 +0000
 by: Sn!pe - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:44 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> On 25-Nov-23 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
> > Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
> > means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
> > but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
> >
> > Pass atishoo.
>
> GWS Tone.
>
> <swerve>
> SWMBO and I have both had our covid jabs.
> I reacted to it, running a high temp around 12 hours after injection &
> it lasted for maybe 6 hours. SWMBO didnt react at all - except having a
> sore arm.
>
> To me, that means my immune system is doing its wbo, whilst hers isn't
> up to scratch. She doesn't see it that way.

I've never had a noticeable reaction to either Covid or 'flu vaccine.
The only time I've ever had a reaction to a jab was to Typhoid - my
upper arm was quite sore and hot-feeling for a day.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen here unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: A Shoe!

<20231125194208.66d779ccf755a8a59624cdeb@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29317&group=uk.rec.sheds#29317

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:42:08 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:42 UTC

On Sat, 25 Nov 2023 19:25:17 +0000
Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:

> SWMBO and I have both had our covid jabs.

I had covid and flu one in each arm - after a few hours it became
clear that they've taken to using a centre punch instead of a hypodermic.

> I reacted to it, running a high temp around 12 hours after injection &
> it lasted for maybe 6 hours. SWMBO didnt react at all - except having a
> sore arm.
>
> To me, that means my immune system is doing its wbo, whilst hers isn't
> up to scratch. She doesn't see it that way.

It might mean that - or it might mean that hers was well stocked
with suitable white cells which promptly devoured the training wheels
without much fuss while yours was running low and went into flat out
overdrive mode. But that could be a load of testy culls 'cos I'm only
guessing.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: A Shoe!

<ujtlqk$2u6ot$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29318&group=uk.rec.sheds#29318

From: chris@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:35:29 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 20:35 UTC

On 25/11/2023 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
> Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
> means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
> but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>
> Pass atishoo.
>
> Tone

Had my first flu jab ever a couple of weeks ago. Got a bad cold a week
later, again first since before covid. Just recovering now, two weeks later.

--
Chris Elvidge, England
THE CAFETERIA DEEP FRYER IS NOT A TOY

Re: A Shoe!

<ujtsv9$2ua7g$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29319&group=uk.rec.sheds#29319

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:37:29 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 22:37 UTC

On 25/11/2023 20:35, Chris Elvidge wrote:
> On 25/11/2023 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
>> Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
>> means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit
>> scary, but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>>
>> Pass atishoo.
>>
>> Tone
>
> Had my first flu jab ever a couple of weeks ago. Got a bad cold a week
> later, again first since before covid. Just recovering now, two weeks
> later.

I had my covid and flu jabs about a month ago. No reaction. But two
week's for a cold? Makes you wonder whether it is a cold at all, at all.

Tone

Re: A Shoe!

<NQhMcgADAoYlFAfI@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29322&group=uk.rec.sheds#29322

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:15:15 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sat, 25 Nov 2023 23:15 UTC

In article <1qkrnyh.1nsv38sr2ihwqN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>, Sn!pe
<snipeco.2@gmail.com> on Sat, 25 Nov 2023 at 19:44:55 awoke Nicholas
from his slumbers and wrote
>Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote:
>
>> On 25-Nov-23 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
>> > Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
>> > means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
>> > but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>> >
>> > Pass atishoo.
>>
>> GWS Tone.
>>
>> <swerve>
>> SWMBO and I have both had our covid jabs.
>> I reacted to it, running a high temp around 12 hours after injection &
>> it lasted for maybe 6 hours. SWMBO didnt react at all - except having a
>> sore arm.
>>
>> To me, that means my immune system is doing its wbo, whilst hers isn't
>> up to scratch. She doesn't see it that way.
>>

>I've never had a noticeable reaction to either Covid or 'flu vaccine.
>The only time I've ever had a reaction to a jab was to Typhoid - my
>upper arm was quite sore and hot-feeling for a day.

In the days when the tetanus vaccine was 3 injections, with some delay
between each, the first 2 injections gave no major problem. On the third
no problem for 6 days but on the seventh my whole arm swelled up like a
balloon, my elbow looked like a bend in a drain pipe. It was painful.
That was overnight before my 'A' level Chemistry practical exam!

I have had the Typhoid vaccination 3 times. Twice it gave me a 24 hour
high fever and a very sore arm. The third time nothing more than a
touch of local tenderness. When I mentioned this to my doctor he told me
that the high fever was probably the paratyphoid element of the
vaccination and they no longer included it in the vaccination.

I have had flu once within hours of the flu jab. I was probably going to
have flu and the vaccination was probably not the culprit.

For the last 35 years I have had a flu jab and that was the only time
that I had anything more than local tenderness.

I have lost count of my Covid vaccinations but I have nothing to report
of problems, ditto for SWMBO. We have both had a very mild case of
COVID; we both had slightly raised temperatures for just 24 hours. SWMBO
was not infectious after 4 days. It took me 3 weeks to be clear of
infection.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: A Shoe!

<XnsB0C87FD15BC54Factura3476@135.181.20.170>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29334&group=uk.rec.sheds#29334

From: myshed@prune.org.uk (Peter)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:33:49 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Peter - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 12:33 UTC

Sam Plusnet <not@home.com> wrote in news:xSr8N.7148$tIyd.967@fx34.iad:

> On 25-Nov-23 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
>> Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
>> means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit scary,
>> but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>>
>> Pass atishoo.
>
> GWS Tone.
>
> <swerve>
> SWMBO and I have both had our covid jabs.
> I reacted to it, running a high temp around 12 hours after injection &
> it lasted for maybe 6 hours. SWMBO didnt react at all - except having a
> sore arm.
>
> To me, that means my immune system is doing its wbo, whilst hers isn't
> up to scratch. She doesn't see it that way.

Much the same here. I react to covid jabs (but not 'flu) but SWMBO doesn't.

--
Peter
-----

Re: A Shoe!

<ujvis3$39jj3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29338&group=uk.rec.sheds#29338

From: richard@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 13:57:23 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 13:57 UTC

Hymermut said:
> On 25/11/2023 20:35, Chris Elvidge wrote:
>> On 25/11/2023 13:41, Hymermut wrote:
>>> Suffering my first cold since pre-covid. Long covid damage to my lungs
>>> means I am struggling to breath, especially at night. It's a bit
>>> scary, but it will pass. Lets hope it does before I do!
>>>
>>> Pass atishoo.
>>>
>>> Tone
>>
>> Had my first flu jab ever a couple of weeks ago. Got a bad cold a week
>> later, again first since before covid. Just recovering now, two weeks
>> later.
>
> I had my covid and flu jabs about a month ago. No reaction. But two
> week's for a cold? Makes you wonder whether it is a cold at all, at all.

So get a test ?

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: A Shoe!

<ksh3ofFb545U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29339&group=uk.rec.sheds#29339

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 14:41:20 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 14:41 UTC

On 26/11/2023 13:57, Richard Robinson wrote:
> Hymermut said:

>> I had my covid and flu jabs about a month ago. No reaction. But two
>> week's for a cold? Makes you wonder whether it is a cold at all, at all.
>
> So get a test ?

COVID lasts about as long as a cold for most people. (A week to gestate,
a week of symptoms and a week of recovery) There are, though so many
variations of the "cold" virus that you can catch them one after the
other with no change in your symptoms.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: A Shoe!

<4e6hviAu12YlFAZY@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29340&group=uk.rec.sheds#29340

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:08:14 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Sun, 26 Nov 2023 16:08 UTC

In article <ksh3ofFb545U1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Sun, 26 Nov 2023 at 14:41:20 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 26/11/2023 13:57, Richard Robinson wrote:
>> Hymermut said:
>
>>> I had my covid and flu jabs about a month ago. No reaction. But two
>>> week's for a cold? Makes you wonder whether it is a cold at all, at all.
>>
>> So get a test ?
>>

>COVID lasts about as long as a cold for most people. (A week to gestate,
>a week of symptoms and a week of recovery) There are, though so many
>variations of the "cold" virus that you can catch them one after the
>other with no change in your symptoms.

AIUI the cold viruses do not change very often and, unlike with flu and
covid, once you have had a particular virus it is unlikely that you will
have noticeable symptoms caused by that particular virus. They do change
but slowly. From memory, there are about 100 cold virus strains so a
child always seems to have the sniffels until immunity has been built
up to each strain. At 75 it is a long time since I have had a full blown
cold.

It is a while since I had a bout of flu, however I mostly put that down
to yearly vaccinations.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"

Re: A Shoe!

<ukkl8l$3edr3$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29463&group=uk.rec.sheds#29463

From: tone@email.com (Hymermut)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:47:01 +0000
 by: Hymermut - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:47 UTC

Just into week two now (although it seems like month two). So, probably
two more weeks to go. Hopefully I'll be okay for Christmas. The X^6 and
I are booked into a hotel for the season.

No let up in any of the symptoms. My stomach and chest muscles ache with
coughing. I'm on my fifth snot and phlegm filled kitchen roll. I'm going
to have to buy two new pillows to replace the snot filled ones. I'm out
of breath the second I stand up. And depression is setting in.

Covid test arrives today, though I think it will be negative.

Had a covid and flu jabs about a month ago. Fat lot of good they did!

Begs the question - what are flu and cold viruses for? Are they top of
the food chain? Is that the whole sum of our human existence, to host
flu viruses?

Answers on a snot rag to.......

Tone

Re: A Shoe!

<1ql7w1i.vhcu1k1a1emieN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29464&group=uk.rec.sheds#29464

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:57:33 +0000
This article comprises only my personal opinions unless otherwise stated.
May contain traces of nuts.
 by: Sn!pe - Mon, 4 Dec 2023 13:57 UTC

Hymermut <tone@email.com> wrote:

> I'm out of breath the second I stand up. And depression is setting in.

PBCQ vf na bfq yvxr gung GNNNJ. QNZUVX

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just said "Klaatu barada nikto."

Google Groups articles not seen here unless poster is whitelisted.