From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: How very odd.
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 11:16:21 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 11:16 UTC

Problems downloading post content from NIN.

It will only let me download one post, then if I switch ISP, it will let
me download another one. Rinse and repeat, going back to the first ISP.

Is it just me, or has NIN become very unreliable of late?
--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: How very odd.

<slrnun3cqq.g36.maus@deb2.org>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29510&group=uk.rec.sheds#29510

From: maus@deb2.org (maus)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: How very odd.
Date: 7 Dec 2023 11:58:18 GMT
 by: maus - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 11:58 UTC

On 2023-12-07, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Problems downloading post content from NIN.
>
> It will only let me download one post, then if I switch ISP, it will let
> me download another one. Rinse and repeat, going back to the first ISP.
>
> Is it just me, or has NIN become very unreliable of late?

NIN OK here, some messages being dropped, but I suspect they are spam.

--
greymausg@mail.com
Death to the Influencers, hung, drawn and quartered is more than they deserve.

Re: How very odd.

<ktdqr6FmnrqU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29512&group=uk.rec.sheds#29512

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 12:07:01 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 12:07 UTC

On 07/12/2023 11:58, maus wrote:
> On 2023-12-07, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>> Problems downloading post content from NIN.
>>
>> It will only let me download one post, then if I switch ISP, it will let
>> me download another one. Rinse and repeat, going back to the first ISP.
>>
>> Is it just me, or has NIN become very unreliable of late?
>
> NIN OK here, some messages being dropped, but I suspect they are spam.

Of course, now I've posted about it, the problem has gone away for now.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: How very odd.

<lDk2IhAFobclFALy@salmiron.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29515&group=uk.rec.sheds#29515

From: nicholas@salmiron.com (Nicholas D. Richards)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2023 12:26:45 +0000
 by: Nicholas D. Richards - Thu, 7 Dec 2023 12:26 UTC

In article <ktdqr6FmnrqU1@mid.individual.net>, John Williamson
<johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> on Thu, 7 Dec 2023 at 12:07:01 awoke
Nicholas from his slumbers and wrote
>On 07/12/2023 11:58, maus wrote:
>> On 2023-12-07, John Williamson <johnwilliamson@btinternet.com> wrote:
>>> Problems downloading post content from NIN.
>>>
>>> It will only let me download one post, then if I switch ISP, it will let
>>> me download another one. Rinse and repeat, going back to the first ISP.
>>>
>>> Is it just me, or has NIN become very unreliable of late?
>>
>> NIN OK here, some messages being dropped, but I suspect they are spam.
>>
>Of course, now I've posted about it, the problem has gone away for now.

Since complaints about E-S having been crossing these pages I ahve been
looking at posting dates and times on posts, out of idle curiosity.

E-S seems to be making posts available, to me, pretty quickly after they
have been posted. The threads that I have been reading look complete. A
few SPAM threads arrived the other day, but no more.

Of course, if a complete non-SPAM thread had been dropped then I would
not be aware of it.

People do appear to be posting pretty erratically at the moment.
--
0sterc@tcher -

"Où sont les neiges d'antan?"