From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Worcester City Council snubbed by Active Travel England
Date: 7 Jun 2023 18:58:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Wed, 7 Jun 2023 18:58 UTC

Worcestershire is among one of only four counties in the country to have
the worst possible ‘zero’ rating from Active Travel England, which offers
councils a share of £200m to build walking and cycling routes and make
other improvements.

Because of its poor rating, Worcestershire County Council was not even
allowed to bid this time around and as a result received no money.

<https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/23567777.council-reveals-plan-help-worcester-ditch-car-foot-bike/>

Whatever message does Active Travel England think this message puts across?
Apart from the inference that they are a bunch of Arseholes, of course.

Whoever heads up Active Travel England needs to instigate a thorough
overhaul of its approach to its own modus; it is clearly little influenced
by its own claims:

QUOTE

Active Travel England is supporting this increasing appetite for walking,
wheeling and cycling by working alongside councils to deliver high-quality
routes and crossings to high streets, schools and workplaces. More and more
people are joining the movement for moving and we’re here to help put the
joy back into their journeys.

ENDQUOTE

--
Spike

Re: Worcester City Council snubbed by Active Travel England

<keoqi4FjachU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29764&group=uk.rec.cycling#29764

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:05:40 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:05 UTC

On 07/06/2023 07:58 pm, Spike wrote:

> Worcestershire is among one of only four counties in the country to have
> the worst possible ‘zero’ rating from Active Travel England, which offers
> councils a share of £200m to build walking and cycling routes and make
> other improvements.
>
> Because of its poor rating, Worcestershire County Council was not even
> allowed to bid this time around and as a result received no money.
>
> <https://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/23567777.council-reveals-plan-help-worcester-ditch-car-foot-bike/>
>
> Whatever message does Active Travel England think this message puts across?
> Apart from the inference that they are a bunch of Arseholes, of course.
>
> Whoever heads up Active Travel England needs to instigate a thorough
> overhaul of its approach to its own modus; it is clearly little influenced
> by its own claims:
>
> QUOTE
>
> Active Travel England is supporting this increasing appetite for walking,
> wheeling and cycling by working alongside councils to deliver high-quality
> routes and crossings to high streets, schools and workplaces. More and more
> people are joining the movement for moving and we’re here to help put the
> joy back into their journeys.
>
> ENDQUOTE

Three cheers for Worcester.

Or do they mean Worcestershire? They seem confused by the distinction
and fail to even notice it.

But that's bike-chavs for you. Facts escape them on all sides.