Do not cut switchbacks.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

SubjectAuthor
* Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
+* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
|+* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
||`* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Brian
|| `- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
|`* Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"JNugent
| `- Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
+- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
|`- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
+* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
|`* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"JNugent
| `- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
`* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
 +* Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
 |+- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"Spike
 |`- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Waves of London chav0cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"JNugent
 `- Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"swldx...@gmail.com

1
Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<a2c4b066-0765-43f7-8e90-5adb3745c499n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29572&group=uk.rec.cycling#29572

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 03:01:28 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 10:01 UTC

Here's a lovely sight for your Friday morning..

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyHh2hQWcAAqp9W?format=jpg&name=large

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<kege0pFai7iU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29573&group=uk.rec.cycling#29573

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 9 Jun 2023 10:42:33 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 10:42 UTC

> Here's a lovely sight for your Friday morning..
>
> https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FyHh2hQWcAAqp9W?format=jpg&name=large

Nice photoshop.

A recent set of videos taken by the ignorant cyclist’s shield and buckler
known as road.cc showed that 50% of cyclists ride through red lights.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<77f27f36-4b41-47ab-94a1-3f6d5af0d37bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29578&group=uk.rec.cycling#29578

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 06:50:36 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 13:50 UTC

HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
5 likes

I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)

I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other cyclists around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London just to cycle amongst them all!

----------------
Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-cycling nation in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other nations have done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<kegrc6Fchf7U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29584&group=uk.rec.cycling#29584

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 9 Jun 2023 14:30:30 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 14:30 UTC

> HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
> 5 likes
>
> I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many
> cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)
>
> I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other cyclists
> around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London
> just to cycle amongst them all!
>
> ----------------
> Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the
> obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-cycling nation
> in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other nations have
> done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.

Death rates for Dutch and UK cyclists are very similar, and on a per-head
basis Holland is measurably more dangerous than the UK.

So why bang on about Holland? It has nothing to boast about when it comes
to road safety.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<3f0828a2-addc-4189-bd13-59f1f0e83f9an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29590&group=uk.rec.cycling#29590

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 08:38:40 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 15:38 UTC

I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)

I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other cyclists around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London just to cycle amongst them all!
---------------
These pictures really annoy me.

But only because they are on my commute but I'm never in them!

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<u6309n$2eqe5$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29670&group=uk.rec.cycling#29670

From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 23:17:12 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:KRuRIQT/jaPZ6La13LafxHhLqRY=
 by: Brian - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 23:17 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
>> 5 likes
>>
>> I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many
>> cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)
>>
>> I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other cyclists
>> around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London
>> just to cycle amongst them all!
>>
>> ----------------
>> Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the
>> obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-cycling nation
>> in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other nations have
>> done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.
>
> Death rates for Dutch and UK cyclists are very similar, and on a per-head
> basis Holland is measurably more dangerous than the UK.
>
> So why bang on about Holland? It has nothing to boast about when it comes
> to road safety.

Did you notice the one using her phone.

A car driver doing so in the same situation would be done.

Plus she has ear phones in. How stupid is that?

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<09b17879-fa42-4ab3-b549-d2d4bd46c239n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29675&group=uk.rec.cycling#29675

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 22:45:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 05:45 UTC

𝙰𝚗𝚍𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚎␍␊👨🏻‍💻🌐
@Cartroo
·
Jun 9
It’s hilarious how every remotely positive tweet on cycling is immediately followed by the anti-cycling fanatics rocking up in their clown car to disgorge their ill-informed opinions. Isn’t it funny how those with the most privilege always feel the most threatened?

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<kelgunF3o2sU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29683&group=uk.rec.cycling#29683

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Jun 2023 09:03:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 09:03 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
> Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
>> swldx...@gmail.com <swldxer1958@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
>>> 5 likes
>>>
>>> I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many
>>> cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)
>>>
>>> I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other cyclists
>>> around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London
>>> just to cycle amongst them all!
>>>
>>> ----------------
>>> Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the
>>> obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-cycling nation
>>> in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other nations have
>>> done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.
>>
>> Death rates for Dutch and UK cyclists are very similar, and on a per-head
>> basis Holland is measurably more dangerous than the UK.
>>
>> So why bang on about Holland? It has nothing to boast about when it comes
>> to road safety.
>>

> Did you notice the one using her phone.

Yes, it’s not uncommon. There is a video about of a cyclist on his phone
crashing into some iron gates. Apparently he left a few teeth at the scene.

> A car driver doing so in the same situation would be done.

Quite.

> Plus she has ear phones in. How stupid is that?

Very. It means her awareness is considerably reduced, and then there’s the
addition of the distraction of whatever it was she was listening to.

I rarely listen to the car radio; I tend to have it tuned to a station that
carries traffic reports, but have set it to over-ride the ‘mute’ setting,
so all I hear is the occasional traffic report. I’ve never connected my
phone to the car’s systems, and have my phone in my pocket where I can’t
reach it without taking the seatbelt off. If anyone calls or texts, they
just have to wait. I pick up the voicemail or messages at a stop on the
journey. It’s a modus that cyclists could usefully follow.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<kelgunF3o2sU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29684&group=uk.rec.cycling#29684

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Jun 2023 09:03:19 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 09:03 UTC

> 𝙰𝚗𝚍𝚢 𝙿𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚌𝚎␍␊👨🏻‍💻🌐
> @Cartroo
> ·
> Jun 9
> It’s hilarious how every remotely positive tweet on cycling is
> immediately followed by the anti-cycling fanatics rocking up in their
> clown car to disgorge their ill-informed opinions. Isn’t it funny how
> those with the most privilege always feel the most threatened?

Ask Auriol Grey about that. She had the highest privilege on that pavement
that day, and clearly felt threatened, but is doing time because she said
so.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<a93791d4-dbba-42a2-8c5a-a6ae6cae5826n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29689&group=uk.rec.cycling#29689

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 02:40:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 09:40 UTC

Jitensha Oni @jitensha_oni@mastodon.online
@jitensha_oni
·
Jun 9
Lovely. But the mystery is where all those well kept old-school steel frames come from? It’s like the opposite of the missing sock problem.

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keltr6F5kviU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29694&group=uk.rec.cycling#29694

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 11 Jun 2023 12:43:18 GMT
 by: Spike - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 12:43 UTC

> Jitensha Oni @jitensha_oni@mastodon.online
> @jitensha_oni
> ·
> Jun 9
> Lovely. But the mystery is where all those well kept old-school steel
> frames come from? It’s like the opposite of the missing sock problem.

€25 from an Amsterdam ‘street trader’?

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<4e01fb13-0291-4bbc-9788-1c74db28cc79n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29698&group=uk.rec.cycling#29698

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 06:47:42 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 11 Jun 2023 13:47 UTC

Daniel Son
@SkywayTuff2s
·
Jun 8
Good call! The more you lot cycle the more I can drive for absolutely everything as you guys are offsetting my carbon footprint! Take today as a perfect example! I drove to the shop around the corner literally a minute drive just to get milk but you lot have offset that trip👍

Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<ken721Fbng1U2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29739&group=uk.rec.cycling#29739

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:26:41 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:26 UTC

> HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
> 5 likes
>
> I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many chav-cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)
>
> I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other chav-cyclists around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London just to ride mu chav-cycle amongst them all!

You're going to ride your chav-cycle all the way from 'Ull to London?

> ----------------
> Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-chav-cycling nation in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other nations have done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<620a7dbb-7d05-428b-8794-39e9a54f5fbcn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29745&group=uk.rec.cycling#29745

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:24:22 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 06:24 UTC

Daniel 🌐
@danielperezcas8
·
Jun 9
It's endearing seeing how English queueing culture applies to bikes at traffic lights in the UK.
Back home in the Netherlands, it would have been a cluster by the front, near the light, and somehow, everyone would get out fine and without any issues.

Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keo9cqFgmtsU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29748&group=uk.rec.cycling#29748

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 10:12:42 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:12 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 09/06/2023 02:50 pm, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> HoldingOn | 170 posts | 4 hours ago
>> 5 likes
>>
>> I recognise that its odd, but I get a little giddy when I see that many
>> chav-cyclists in one place (that aren't a club/in a race)
>>
>> I simply can't imagine doing my commute with so many other chav-cyclists
>> around. It is brilliant to see. I am almost tempted to travel to London
>> just to ride mu chav-cycle amongst them all!
>
> You're going to ride your chav-cycle all the way from 'Ull to London?

He went by car last time, AFAICT.

>> ----------------
>> Common sight in many countries around the world. Holland being the
>> obvious example. Its the UK that is by far the most anti-chav-cycling
>> nation in Europe. We see this as some sort of abnormality yet other
>> nations have done more to integrate it into their road infrastructure.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<e9092ab5-3c8b-45c6-8aed-d22e58117404n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29751&group=uk.rec.cycling#29751

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:48:18 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:48 UTC

On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:24:24 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Daniel 🌐
> @danielperezcas8
> ·
> Jun 9
> It's endearing seeing how English queueing culture applies to bikes at traffic lights in the UK.
> Back home in the Netherlands, it would have been a cluster by the front, near the light, and somehow, everyone would get out fine and without any issues.

Not a silly plastic hat in sight either!

Re: Waves of London chav-cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keol8kFigj0U4@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29759&group=uk.rec.cycling#29759

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 14:35:16 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:35 UTC

On 12/06/2023 11:48 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:24:24 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Daniel 🌐
>> @danielperezcas8
>> ·
>> Jun 9
>> It's endearing seeing how English queueing culture applies to fairy-bikes at traffic lights in the UK.
>> Back home in the Netherlands, it would have been a cluster by the front, near the light, and somehow, everyone would get out fine and without any issues.
>
> Not a silly plastic hat in sight either!

So where are the helmet cams?

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keolg2FijfjU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29761&group=uk.rec.cycling#29761

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 13:39:14 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:39 UTC

> On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:24:24 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> Daniel 🌐
>> @danielperezcas8
>> ·
>> Jun 9
>> It's endearing seeing how English queueing culture applies to bikes at
>> traffic lights in the UK.
>> Back home in the Netherlands, it would have been a cluster by the front,
>> near the light, and somehow, everyone would get out fine and without any issues.
>
> Not a silly plastic hat in sight either!

That’s a very poor troll, based as it is on Survivorship Bias. Those
helmetless dead cyclists might have had a different view.

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<18628d45-0504-450e-b189-922d5fb384edn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29767&group=uk.rec.cycling#29767

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:36:01 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:36 UTC

PaulHowarthUK
@PaulHowarthUK
·
Jun 8
If those cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue would be around 100m long.

QUITE.

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keot0aFjn4fU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29770&group=uk.rec.cycling#29770

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 15:47:22 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:47 UTC

> PaulHowarthUK
> @PaulHowarthUK
> ·
> Jun 8
> If those cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue
> would be around 100m long.
>
> QUITE.

AND?

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<945f5c40-38df-43ca-92dc-d51887f842b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29772&group=uk.rec.cycling#29772

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:52:33 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:52 UTC

On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 4:36:03 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> PaulHowarthUK
> @PaulHowarthUK
> ·
> Jun 8
> If those cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue would be around 100m long.
>
> QUITE.

Take a bow, you heroes.

https://ecf.com/sites/ecf.com/files/field/image/Bike_Car_Comparison_0.jpg

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<keotirFjpm9U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29774&group=uk.rec.cycling#29774

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 15:57:15 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:57 UTC

> On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 4:36:03 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> PaulHowarthUK
>> @PaulHowarthUK
>> ·
>> Jun 8
>> If those cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue
>> would be around 100m long.
>>
>> QUITE.
>
> Take a bow, you heroes.
>
> https://ecf.com/sites/ecf.com/files/field/image/Bike_Car_Comparison_0.jpg

AND?

--
Spike

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<05855b80-2eaf-46d5-95d1-671ed10b5c2bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29779&group=uk.rec.cycling#29779

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:20:46 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:20 UTC

> Take a bow, you heroes.
>
> https://ecf.com/sites/ecf.com/files/field/image/Bike_Car_Comparison_0.jpg

WineRides
@WineRides
·
Jun 8
after 5 years away, i'm back in london regularly now and the transformation is absolutely wonderful.

Re: Waves of London chav0cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<kep0ftFk73cU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29783&group=uk.rec.cycling#29783

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Waves of London chav0cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:46:53 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:46 UTC

> PaulHowarthUK
> @PaulHowarthUK
> ·
> Jun 8
> If those fairy-cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue would be around 100m long.
>
> QUITE.

So what?

Re: Waves of London cycle commuters "absolutely everywhere"

<37d6d8f8-9b0f-48cf-a81c-91c28dbe4c11n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29788&group=uk.rec.cycling#29788

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:01:57 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:01 UTC

On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 4:36:03 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> PaulHowarthUK
> @PaulHowarthUK
> ·
> Jun 8
> If those cyclists were in single occupancy cars, the length of the queue would be around 100m long.
>
> QUITE.

Mr Arsehole would be more than 100m further away from his red light - he would be tempted to run it.