He who wonders discovers that this in itself is wonder. -- M. C. Escher

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfit through drugs after 12-year-old cyclist killed

SubjectAuthor
* Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfitswldx...@gmail.com
`- Re: Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfitMike Collins

1
Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfit through drugs after 12-year-old cyclist killed

<2ffbf4f6-41ca-4a89-8be0-86f9ac80936cn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29598&group=uk.rec.cycling#29598

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2023 08:56:16 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfit
through drugs after 12-year-old cyclist killed
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 9 Jun 2023 15:56 UTC

A man has been arrested after a 12-year-old boy riding a pedal bike was struck by a car and killed in Birmingham last night.

Police and ambulance crews were called to Coventry Road at the junction with Berkeley Road in Yardley shortly after 6.15pm. Tragically, the boy died at the scene.

A 32-year-old man has now been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and being unfit through drugs and remains in custody.

A spokesperson for West Midlands Police said: "We are appealing for witnesses after a 12-year-old boy riding a pedal bike tragically died after being struck by a car in Birmingham.

"We were called to Coventry Road at the junction with Berkeley Road shortly after 6.15pm last night.

"Despite the best efforts of our colleagues from the ambulance service the boy sadly died at the scene.

"We are supporting his family with specially trained officers as they try to come to terms with what has happened."

West Midlands Ambulance Service sent three ambulances, two paramedic officers, a MERIT trauma doctor and a critical care paramedic to the scene. The West Midlands CARE Team also attended.

A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “Upon arrival, ambulance staff found a boy who was the cyclist. He was assessed and had sustained life-threatening injuries.

"Ambulance staff administered advanced life support to him but unfortunately, despite their best efforts, nothing more could be done to save him and he was confirmed deceased at the scene.

“A man who was a pedestrian, who was involved in a separate collision involving a pedestrian and a car nearby to the scene was assessed by ambulance staff and had sustained minor injuries.

"He received treatment from ambulance staff before being conveyed to Heartlands Hospital for further assessment.

“No further patients required treatment.”

Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes, from West Midlands Police's serious collision investigation unit, said: “We are appealing for witnesses and in particular for people with dash cam footage to please contact us.

"Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the boy and we are doing all we can to support them at this very difficult time.”

Witnesses or people with information should contact Live Chat on the West Midlands Police website or by calling 101 quoting log number 4226 of 8 May.

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/birmingham/2023/06/09/child-dies-after-collision-between-a-car-and-his-bike-in-birmingham/

Re: Man arrested on suspicion of dangerous driving and being unfit through drugs after 12-year-old cyclist killed

<daedbc03-2f2e-4e23-841d-db83898b43c7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29647&group=uk.rec.cycling#29647

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 11:42:22 -0700 (PDT)
through drugs after 12-year-old cyclist killed
From: cmike8828@gmail.com (Mike Collins)
 by: Mike Collins - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 18:42 UTC

On Friday, 9 June 2023 at 16:56:17 UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A man has been arrested after a 12-year-old boy riding a pedal bike was struck by a car and killed in Birmingham last night.
>
> Police and ambulance crews were called to Coventry Road at the junction with Berkeley Road in Yardley shortly after 6.15pm. Tragically, the boy died at the scene.
>
> A 32-year-old man has now been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving and being unfit through drugs and remains in custody.
>
> A spokesperson for West Midlands Police said: "We are appealing for witnesses after a 12-year-old boy riding a pedal bike tragically died after being struck by a car in Birmingham.
>
> "We were called to Coventry Road at the junction with Berkeley Road shortly after 6.15pm last night.
>
> "Despite the best efforts of our colleagues from the ambulance service the boy sadly died at the scene.
>
> "We are supporting his family with specially trained officers as they try to come to terms with what has happened."
>
> West Midlands Ambulance Service sent three ambulances, two paramedic officers, a MERIT trauma doctor and a critical care paramedic to the scene. The West Midlands CARE Team also attended.
>
> A spokeswoman for the ambulance service said: “Upon arrival, ambulance staff found a boy who was the cyclist. He was assessed and had sustained life-threatening injuries.
>
> "Ambulance staff administered advanced life support to him but unfortunately, despite their best efforts, nothing more could be done to save him and he was confirmed deceased at the scene.
>
> “A man who was a pedestrian, who was involved in a separate collision involving a pedestrian and a car nearby to the scene was assessed by ambulance staff and had sustained minor injuries.
>
> "He received treatment from ambulance staff before being conveyed to Heartlands Hospital for further assessment.
>
> “No further patients required treatment.”
>
> Detective Sergeant Paul Hughes, from West Midlands Police's serious collision investigation unit, said: “We are appealing for witnesses and in particular for people with dash cam footage to please contact us.
>
> "Our thoughts are with the family and friends of the boy and we are doing all we can to support them at this very difficult time.”
>
> Witnesses or people with information should contact Live Chat on the West Midlands Police website or by calling 101 quoting log number 4226 of 8 May..
>
> https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/birmingham/2023/06/09/child-dies-after-collision-between-a-car-and-his-bike-in-birmingham/

More proof for legal Cannabis.