From: pwllgloyw@gmail.com (Polly@golly)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: What to grow?
Date: Tue, 31 May 2022 19:54:58 +0100
 by: Polly@golly - Tue, 31 May 2022 18:54 UTC

Following a re-vamping of part of the garden, I now have a small area
for growing more vegetables. The only problem is that 2 sides have 5ft
high fences around then, and the third side a garage! The only open side
faces NNE and thus get little or no sun. Most of the area does get some
sun during the summer, but it is the area under the fence at the end
that I am wondering what to do with. I could grown runner beans there,
but they would probably stop the sun reaching the other crops, and I
also net the area to protect the fruit that is alongside the garage wall.

Many thanks.

Roger T

Re: What to grow?

<MPG.3d014c5fc746eb459896f8@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=2976&group=uk.rec.gardening#2976

From: nobody@home.com (Janet)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.gardening
Subject: Re: What to grow?
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2022 11:14:24 +0100
 by: Janet - Wed, 1 Jun 2022 10:14 UTC

In article <t75oa3$f9t$1@dont-email.me>, pwllgloyw@gmail.com says...

> Following a re-vamping of part of the garden, I now have a small area
> for growing more vegetables. The only problem is that 2 sides have 5ft
> high fences around then, and the third side a garage! The only open side
> faces NNE and thus get little or no sun. Most of the area does get some
> sun during the summer, but it is the area under the fence at the end
> that I am wondering what to do with. I could grown runner beans there,
> but they would probably stop the sun reaching the other crops, and I
> also net the area to protect the fruit that is alongside the garage wall.
>
> Many thanks.
>
> Roger T

rhubarb, parsley, rocket, chard, beetroot

Janet