You will pioneer the first Martian colony.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochJNugent
+* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochJNugent
+* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochSpike
|`* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
| `- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochJNugent
`* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochSpike
 `* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintillochswldx...@gmail.com
  +- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochJNugent
  `* Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochSimon Mason
   +- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochSpike
   `- Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in KirkintillochSimon Mason

1
Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<4dda0c8e-aa3e-429a-bfda-9ec79d9461a9n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29611&group=uk.rec.cycling#29611

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 02:49:50 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 09:49 UTC

A cyclist has died after being hit by a van in East Dunbartonshire.

The 50-year-old man was struck on the A806 near the Lindsaybeg Roundabout in Kirkintilloch on Friday at about 10:35.

A 62-year-old man driving the van was arrested in connection with road traffic offences and later released pending further inquiries.

Police Scotland has urged any witnesses who have not yet spoken to officers to contact its non-emergency line.

Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65865588

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<kejorrFq49lU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29628&group=uk.rec.cycling#29628

From: jennings&co@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 18:06:29 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 17:06 UTC

On 10/06/2023 10:49, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> A cyclist has died after being hit by a van in East Dunbartonshire.
>
> The 50-year-old man was struck on the A806 near the Lindsaybeg Roundabout in Kirkintilloch on Friday at about 10:35.
>
> A 62-year-old man driving the van was arrested in connection with road traffic offences and later released pending further inquiries.
>
> Police Scotland has urged any witnesses who have not yet spoken to officers to contact its non-emergency line.

So they haven't got any evidence.

> Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation."
>
> https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-65865588

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<63e6e137-c21b-4b6c-83b8-1e73d26e8213n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29631&group=uk.rec.cycling#29631

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2023 10:10:24 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 10 Jun 2023 17:10 UTC

QUOTE: A 62-year-old man driving the van was arrested in connection with road traffic offences and later released pending further inquiries. ENDS

Fess up early doors as we say in the trade.

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<ken7hcFbng1U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29740&group=uk.rec.cycling#29740

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 01:34:53 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 00:34 UTC

> QUOTE: A 62-year-old man driving the van was arrested in connection with road traffic offences and later released pending further inquiries. ENDS
>
> Fess up early doors as we say in the trade.

What "trade"?

Floor-swabbers and broom-handlers like you don't have a "trade" that
involves police interviews.

Perhaps you have been interviewed by the police?

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<0041aecf-9e82-48d7-8a22-40352bb1b52en@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29746&group=uk.rec.cycling#29746

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2023 23:26:51 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 06:26 UTC

QUOTE: Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation. ENDS

Aren't these cameras "sneaky and unfair", or is that just footage taken by cyclists?

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<keo9f3Fgn63U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29749&group=uk.rec.cycling#29749

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 10:13:55 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:13 UTC

> QUOTE: Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists
> with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it
> may have captured images that could assist in our investigation. ENDS
>
> Aren't these cameras "sneaky and unfair", or is that just footage taken by cyclists?

Ouch! 😉

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<a5667bc7-8ea6-4ef2-8fb5-c9da5412ba75n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29752&group=uk.rec.cycling#29752

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 03:51:17 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:51 UTC

On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:26:52 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation. ENDS
>
> Aren't these cameras "sneaky and unfair", or is that just footage taken by cyclists?

“And safety is why some cyclists are now riding with helmet cams. Prior to such technology the police often didn’t believe people on bikes when they said they were hit or intimidated by people in motorcars – ample evidence is now available, leading to prosecutions.”

He continued: “I think many cyclists would welcome motorists fitting dashcams – should a motorist do something stupid the cyclist could ask the police to look at the motorist’s video footage. Many of the videos on YouTube showing motorists breaking the law are, in fact, uploaded from the dashcams from fellow motorists.

“Mr Freeman should welcome anything that makes our roads safer for all road users.”

“It’s interesting that Mr. Freeman has chosen this video as an example of ‘cyclists goading motorists’ when the footage quite clearly shows a man with anger-management issues and who broke a number of laws – he was not driving with due care and attention, he was not driving with a seatbelt, he exited his vehicle and assaulted the cyclist,” he added.

“This, you’d think Mr. Freeman would recognise, is a motorist who should be banned from driving – he is a danger to all road users, not just cyclists.”

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<keol6rFigj0U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29758&group=uk.rec.cycling#29758

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 14:34:19 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 13:34 UTC

On 12/06/2023 11:51 am, swldx...@gmail.com...

....pretending only to answer himself, said:

> On Monday, June 12, 2023 at 7:26:52 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> QUOTE: Sgt Adnan Alam said: "In particular, I would ask any motorists with dashcams who were in and around that area to check the footage as it may have captured images that could assist in our investigation. ENDS
>> Aren't these cameras "sneaky and unfair", or is that just footage taken by cyclists?

> “And safety is why some cyclists are now riding with helmet cams.

Where ARE these "helmet cams"?

On helmets worn on the head?

Or are they fixed into some bodily orifice?

> Prior to such technology the police often didn’t believe people on bikes when they said they were hit or intimidated by people in motorcars – ample evidence is now available, leading to prosecutions.”
> He continued: “I think many cyclists would welcome motorists fitting dashcams – should a motorist do something stupid the cyclist could ask the police to look at the motorist’s video footage. Many of the videos on YouTube showing motorists breaking the law are, in fact, uploaded from the dashcams from fellow motorists.
> “Mr Freeman should welcome anything that makes our roads safer for all road users.”
> “It’s interesting that Mr. Freeman has chosen this video as an example of ‘cyclists goading motorists’ when the footage quite clearly shows a man with anger-management issues and who broke a number of laws – he was not driving with due care and attention, he was not driving with a seatbelt, he exited his vehicle and assaulted the cyclist,” he added.
> “This, you’d think Mr. Freeman would recognise, is a motorist who should be banned from driving – he is a danger to all road users, not just cyclists.”

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<4225c1f2-8d9d-4f81-b1a8-cc982100e2b7n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29765&group=uk.rec.cycling#29765

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 08:32:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:32 UTC

QUOTE:“Mr Freeman should welcome anything that makes our roads safer for all road users.” ENDS

Mr Arsehole would be out of a job if all drivers obeyed the laws.

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<keou1pFjrseU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29776&group=uk.rec.cycling#29776

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 16:05:13 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:05 UTC

> QUOTE:“Mr Freeman should welcome anything that makes our roads safer for
> all road users.” ENDS
>
> Mr Arsehole would be out of a job if all drivers obeyed the laws.
They would still have lawless cyclists RLJ-ing and committing other crimes,
to contend with. Plenty of work there…

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<94cd6073-0a73-494c-8907-e8528f749639n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29777&group=uk.rec.cycling#29777

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 09:17:25 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:17 UTC

QUOTE: David Beckham has failed to get his speeding charge thrown out of court.

Beckham is due to fight a speeding allegation with the help of well-known Manchester lawyer, Mr Loophole.

The former England Captain is accused of driving a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone.

His appointed lawyer Nick Freeman - whose clients include Sir Alex Ferguson and Andrew Flintoff - is due to argue a ‘technicality’ in a bid to get Mr Beckham off the hook.

Mr Freeman told a case management hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court there was ‘no issue’ with the speed alleged. ENDS

PAY THE FINE AND TAKE THE POINTS THEN.

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<kep0ebFk73cU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29782&group=uk.rec.cycling#29782

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:46:03 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 16:46 UTC

> QUOTE: David Beckham has failed to get his speeding charge thrown out of court.
>
> Beckham is due to fight a speeding allegation with the help of well-known Manchester lawyer, Mr Loophole.
>
> The former England Captain is accused of driving a loaned Bentley at 59mph in a 40mph zone.
>
> His appointed lawyer Nick Freeman - whose clients include Sir Alex Ferguson and Andrew Flintoff - is due to argue a ‘technicality’ in a bid to get Mr Beckham off the hook.
>
> Mr Freeman told a case management hearing at Wimbledon Magistrates’ Court there was ‘no issue’ with the speed alleged. ENDS
>
> PAY THE FINE AND TAKE THE POINTS THEN.

1. What does it have to do with traffic accidents in "Kirkintilloch"?

2. When did your quoted Beckham case take place?

Was it this one from *2018* where that gentleman's lawyer successfully
had the charge thrown out on the so-called "technicality" that his
client was not guilty of a breach of the law as it actually exists and
has to be administered [sorry for the four syllables] - rather than how
loony-left chavs-on-bikes would prefer it to be?

<https://news.sky.com/story/who-is-mr-loophole-lawyer-to-the-stars-to-represent-beckham-over-speeding-charge-11510038#:~:text=David%20Beckham%20will%20not%20be,5.30pm%20on%2023%20January.>

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<043463ae-ee98-43d8-9baf-b9dd365354e1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29793&group=uk.rec.cycling#29793

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 10:16:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 17:16 UTC

It was all the ammunition Mr Freeman needed to have the trial stopped. At the retrial, the court accepted the explanation that O'Sullivan was "too depressed" to provide a urine sample.

During one of Ms Bourret's hearings, he said: "There is a total absence of any suggestion of intoxication in this case. Nobody is suggesting that she was displaying any symptoms at all other than alcohol halitosis."

The model, 34, had admitted drinking but blamed the incident on drugs she was taking for a urinary infection.

However, the district judge banned her from driving for 12 months, deciding she had failed to prove that she should be excused from a ban because of special medical circumstances.

The ruling will disappoint the Nottingham-born lawyer who says he has lost "very few" cases.

He also admits that he defends people on drink-driving charges even when they are undeniably over the legal limit of alcohol.

In one such case he argued that a blood sample was taken without proper consent. The driver, who was four times over the legal limit, was undergoing surgery at the time after crashing his car.

The Sun newspaper thinks so highly of him that it posed the question in an editorial: "Is Mr Freeman the Mother Teresa of specialist lawyers?"

Anti-drink-driving campaigners are less keen.

'Morally reprehensible'

So how does Mr Freeman justify his open defence of drink-drivers?

"I abhor people who drink and drive - there's no justification for it, it's morally reprehensible, it shouldn't happen," he told BBC Radio 4's Law in Action programme in May this year.

But he stressed that he had to "compartmentalise" his personal and moral views and deal with every case as a lawyer.

"My job is to defend people - whether they are charged with murder, rape, fraud, tax evasion or drink-driving," he told the programme.

He said it was up to Parliament to close the so-called loopholes he exploited to free drink-drivers.

"I've done two drink-drivers this week, both of them acquitted. I've done many this year, lost very few," he said.

"It doesn't affect the way I sleep at all because I enjoy doing my job as a lawyer - and obviously the more acquittals I get, the better I'm doing my job."

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<kep7cfFl972U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29794&group=uk.rec.cycling#29794

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 12 Jun 2023 18:44:31 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 18:44 UTC

Freeman said: "My job is to defend people - whether they are charged with
murder, rape, fraud, tax evasion or drink-driving".

That’s his business model, and unlike that of a certain gigafactory that
never was, it’s successful one.

Simon Mason <swldxer2022@gmail.com> wrote:
> It was all the ammunition Mr Freeman needed to have the trial stopped.
> At the retrial, the court accepted the explanation that O'Sullivan was
> "too depressed" to provide a urine sample.
>
> During one of Ms Bourret's hearings, he said: "There is a total absence
> of any suggestion of intoxication in this case. Nobody is suggesting that
> she was displaying any symptoms at all other than alcohol halitosis."
>
> The model, 34, had admitted drinking but blamed the incident on drugs she
> was taking for a urinary infection.
>
> However, the district judge banned her from driving for 12 months,
> deciding she had failed to prove that she should be excused from a ban
> because of special medical circumstances.
>
> The ruling will disappoint the Nottingham-born lawyer who says he has
> lost "very few" cases.
>
> He also admits that he defends people on drink-driving charges even when
> they are undeniably over the legal limit of alcohol.
>
> In one such case he argued that a blood sample was taken without proper
> consent. The driver, who was four times over the legal limit, was
> undergoing surgery at the time after crashing his car.
>
> The Sun newspaper thinks so highly of him that it posed the question in
> an editorial: "Is Mr Freeman the Mother Teresa of specialist lawyers?"
>
> Anti-drink-driving campaigners are less keen.
>
> 'Morally reprehensible'
>
> So how does Mr Freeman justify his open defence of drink-drivers?
>
> "I abhor people who drink and drive - there's no justification for it,
> it's morally reprehensible, it shouldn't happen," he told BBC Radio 4's
> Law in Action programme in May this year.
>
> But he stressed that he had to "compartmentalise" his personal and moral
> views and deal with every case as a lawyer.
>
> "My job is to defend people - whether they are charged with murder, rape,
> fraud, tax evasion or drink-driving," he told the programme.
>
> He said it was up to Parliament to close the so-called loopholes he
> exploited to free drink-drivers.
>
> "I've done two drink-drivers this week, both of them acquitted. I've done
> many this year, lost very few," he said.
>
> "It doesn't affect the way I sleep at all because I enjoy doing my job as
> a lawyer - and obviously the more acquittals I get, the better I'm doing my job."

--
Spike

Re: Cyclist dies after being hit by van in Kirkintilloch

<f8a43d45-0ffe-4884-8874-31528026e63fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29795&group=uk.rec.cycling#29795

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:58:44 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer2022@gmail.com (Simon Mason)
 by: Simon Mason - Mon, 12 Jun 2023 18:58 UTC

QUOTE: He also admits that he defends people on drink-driving charges even when they are undeniably over the legal limit of alcohol. ENDS

See how this money grabbing twat feels if one of his kids gets hit by a pissed up driver.