From: dmike204@yahoo.co.uk (miked)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Pope teases
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:07:53 +0000
 by: miked - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 17:07 UTC

that stokes is gonna bowl at Ranchi, but bowling a few overs in the
nets is very diff to bowling 15+ overs in a day. You dont have run
about and field when your just in the nets.

Pitch has cracks already so Bashir may be recalled, but theyll still
need another seamer as they say Wood and anderson are unlikely to play,
wouldnt think either would want to after the hammering they got in the
last. Wonder if they might pick Potts? Seeing how rubbish the
middle order have been you'd think normally theyd chop and change
after the perf at Rajkot; i thought maybe they would add an extra
batter perhaps from the lions as well.

mike

Re: Pope teases

<IfhvfeCXpm1lFwHa@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29883&group=uk.sport.cricket#29883

From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Pope teases
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:25:43 +0000
 by: John Hall - Wed, 21 Feb 2024 21:25 UTC

In message <4f1f222e2d31711eeea8c58612d67575@www.novabbs.com>, miked
<dmike204@yahoo.co.uk> writes
>that stokes is gonna bowl at Ranchi, but bowling a few overs in the
>nets is very diff to bowling 15+ overs in a day. You dont have run
>about and field when your just in the nets.
>Pitch has cracks already so Bashir may be recalled, but theyll still
>need another seamer as they say Wood and anderson are unlikely to play,
>wouldnt think either would want to after the hammering they got in the
>last. Wonder if they might pick Potts? Seeing how rubbish the
>middle order have been you'd think normally theyd chop and change
>after the perf at Rajkot; i thought maybe they would add an extra
>batter perhaps from the lions as well.
>mike

If they decide to go with one seamer plus Stokes, then I imagine that
Robinson will be the man. If they decide on two, then I expect it will
be Robinson and Atkinson.

I'd be surprised if they went for an extra batter, but if they did it
would surely be Lawrence, who would have the additional advantage of
being able to bowl passable spin and so might be chosen rather than
Bashir.

It looks as if batting first could be even more desirable than in the
first three Tests, so fingers crossed that Stokes can win the toss.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people