From: john_nospam@jhall.co.uk (John Hall)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Subject: Re: Hawk-Eye apologises to PCB over Rossouw lbw error
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 08:58:30 +0000
 by: John Hall - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 08:58 UTC

In message <urc1e0$1224g$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
<FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes
<snip>
>After the game, during an on-screen interview, Shadab Khan, the captain
>of Islamabad, made little attempt to conceal his frustrations.
>
>"I think technology made a mistake," he said. "The ball-tracking showed
>a different delivery
<snip>

So it sounds as though it wasn't a ball-tracking error as such but that
somehow the wrong delivery was analysed.
--
John Hall
"Acting is merely the art of keeping a large group of people

Re: Hawk-Eye apologises to PCB over Rossouw lbw error

<5phjti51jhi239usmkgtidsccnf8qad7qe@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29894&group=uk.sport.cricket#29894

From: max@tea.time (max.it)
Newsgroups: uk.sport.cricket
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:39:38 +0000
 by: max.it - Sat, 24 Feb 2024 10:39 UTC

On Sat, 24 Feb 2024 08:58:30 +0000, John Hall
<john_nospam@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>In message <urc1e0$1224g$1@dont-email.me>, FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer
><FBInCIAnNSATerroristSlayer@america.com> writes
><snip>
>>After the game, during an on-screen interview, Shadab Khan, the captain
>>of Islamabad, made little attempt to conceal his frustrations.
>>
>>"I think technology made a mistake," he said. "The ball-tracking showed
>>a different delivery
><snip>
>
>So it sounds as though it wasn't a ball-tracking error as such but that
>somehow the wrong delivery was analysed.

Perhaps they were trying out that dumb delayed replay idea that was
presented here not long ago.
What could possibly go wrong?

max.it