From: noinv@lid.org (Brian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Note to the Idiot on a Bike…
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 14:35:03 -0000 (UTC)
sha1:/rz0Wbse0XPo1HQbcH9Hy4cpock=
 by: Brian - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 14:35 UTC

Who rode onto a mini roundabout in front of me about 40 mins ago:

Vehicles on the roundabout have priority.

Signaling Right while breaking the above rule doesn’t change it.

But for my quick reactions and good brakes, you’d be in A&E now, if not the
morgue.

Re: Note to the Idiot on a Bike…

<kf3b11F939jU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29966&group=uk.rec.cycling#29966

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Note to the Idiot on a Bike…
Date: 16 Jun 2023 14:48:01 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 14:48 UTC

Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:

> Who rode onto a mini roundabout in front of me about 40 mins ago:
>
> Vehicles on the roundabout have priority.
>
> Signaling Right while breaking the above rule doesn’t change it.
>
> But for my quick reactions and good brakes, you’d be in A&E now, if not the
> morgue.

Well done on the quick thinking and avoiding action.

I assume this was the cyclist’s ‘don’t brake or stop under any
circumstances’ syndrome in full operation.

‘Priority’ to a cyclist means they have it at all times and in any
situation; by and large they seem to have read only those parts of the
Highway Code that benefit them. I blame the cyclist media and web sites for
fostering this mist unfortunate attitude.

--
Spike

Re: Note to the Idiot on a Bike…

<kf3e07F9g5oU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29974&group=uk.rec.cycling#29974

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 16:38:47 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 15:38 UTC

On 16/06/2023 03:48 pm, Spike wrote:
> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
>>
>> Who rode onto a mini roundabout in front of me about 40 mins ago:
>>
>> Vehicles on the roundabout have priority.
>>
>> Signaling Right while breaking the above rule doesn’t change it.
>>
>> But for my quick reactions and good brakes, you’d be in A&E now, if not the
>> morgue.
>
> Well done on the quick thinking and avoiding action.
>
> I assume this was the cyclist’s ‘don’t brake or stop under any
> circumstances’ syndrome in full operation.
>
> ‘Priority’ to a cyclist means they have it at all times and in any
> situation; by and large they seem to have read only those parts of the
> Highway Code that benefit them. I blame the cyclist media and web sites for
> fostering this mist unfortunate attitude.

Freudian?

The mist would be red, of course.

Re: Note to the Idiot on a Bike…

<kf3k4pFaev4U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29993&group=uk.rec.cycling#29993

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 16 Jun 2023 17:23:37 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 16 Jun 2023 17:23 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 16/06/2023 03:48 pm, Spike wrote:
>> Brian <noinv@lid.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Who rode onto a mini roundabout in front of me about 40 mins ago:
>>>
>>> Vehicles on the roundabout have priority.
>>>
>>> Signaling Right while breaking the above rule doesn’t change it.
>>>
>>> But for my quick reactions and good brakes, you’d be in A&E now, if not the
>>> morgue.
>>
>> Well done on the quick thinking and avoiding action.
>>
>> I assume this was the cyclist’s ‘don’t brake or stop under any
>> circumstances’ syndrome in full operation.
>>
>> ‘Priority’ to a cyclist means they have it at all times and in any
>> situation; by and large they seem to have read only those parts of the
>> Highway Code that benefit them. I blame the cyclist media and web sites for
>> fostering this mist unfortunate attitude.
>
> Freudian?

Possibly not…my irritating spell checker keeps changing were to we’re, for
example.