All work and no pay makes a housewife.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to push bike riders amid crackdown

SubjectAuthor
* ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give dswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees tJNugent
+* Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only giswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees tJNugent
`- Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only giswldx...@gmail.com

1
‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to push bike riders amid crackdown

<df7bbab0-df35-43a1-bf36-e0cd770b8a1dn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30010&group=uk.rec.cycling#30010

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2023 22:41:27 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: ‘Major_Cambridge_takeaway’_agrees_to_only_give_d
eliveries_to_push_bike_riders_amid_crackdown
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 05:41 UTC

Councillors have heard that a “major takeaway venue” in Cambridge city centre has agreed to only give orders to delivery drivers using push bikes. A report to Cambridge City Council ’s west central area committee said the takeaway, which is not named in the papers, made the decision due to its location.

The committee, which covers the Castle, Newnham and Market areas of the city, had previously raised that “delivery mopeds”, and e-scooters being used illegally on public highways, was an area of concern. Cambridgeshire Constabulary officers in the west central team agreed to try and “reduce the number of issues caused by delivery mopeds and illegal e-scooters” and report back to councillors on progress.

A report prepared by the force, and the community safety team at the city council, for the committee meeting this week (June 15), said this area “continues to be an issue”, but highlighted steps that had been taken. It said: “The work in this area takes a number of different forms. We are working with the city council to increase the education of users and to ensure that where people are using the vehicles that they are doing so legally and appropriately.

“We are also actively engaging with the venues which are serviced by these vehicles and checking that they are taking relevant steps to ensure that riders who are associated with their business are acting appropriately, for example one of the major takeaway venues, due to their location, only gives orders to riders on pedal cycles.

“The team also engage with the riders when they are waiting to collect their order to ensure that they are not causing anti-social behaviour or obstructing pavements, this is most notable around the Market Square. All this work is underpinned by enforcement action taken against riders who ride in a dangerous or anti-social manner. The team routinely challenge this behaviour when carrying out their patrols.”

Concerns around e-scooters and the ‘e-mopeds’ being used in the city have been raised by councillors before. Last month the city council passed a motion calling for ‘urgently needed’ national regulation from central government of primarily electric powered two-wheeled vehicles.

https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/major-cambridge-takeaway-agrees-only-27138054

Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to chav-bike riders amid crackdown

<kf6hg3Fntc7U7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30037&group=uk.rec.cycling#30037

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re:_‘Major_Cambridge_takeaway’_agrees_t
o_only_give_deliveries_to_chav-bike_riders_amid_crackdown
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:56:52 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 19:56 UTC

On 17/06/2023 06:41 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

> Councillors have heard that a “major takeaway venue” in Cambridge city centre has agreed to only give orders to delivery drivers using push bikes. A report to Cambridge City Council ’s west central area committee said the takeaway, which is not named in the papers, made the decision due to its location.
>
> The committee, which covers the Castle, Newnham and Market areas of the city, had previously raised that “delivery mopeds”, and e-scooters being used illegally on public highways, was an area of concern. Cambridgeshire Constabulary officers in the west central team agreed to try and “reduce the number of issues caused by delivery mopeds and illegal e-scooters” and report back to councillors on progress.
>
> A report prepared by the force, and the community safety team at the city council, for the committee meeting this week (June 15), said this area “continues to be an issue”, but highlighted steps that had been taken. It said: “The work in this area takes a number of different forms. We are working with the city council to increase the education of users and to ensure that where people are using the vehicles that they are doing so legally and appropriately.
>
> “We are also actively engaging with the venues which are serviced by these vehicles and checking that they are taking relevant steps to ensure that riders who are associated with their business are acting appropriately, for example one of the major takeaway venues, due to their location, only gives orders to riders on pedal cycles.
>
> “The team also engage with the riders when they are waiting to collect their order to ensure that they are not causing anti-social behaviour or obstructing pavements, this is most notable around the Market Square. All this work is underpinned by enforcement action taken against riders who ride in a dangerous or anti-social manner. The team routinely challenge this behaviour when carrying out their patrols.”
>
> Concerns around e-scooters and the ‘e-mopeds’ being used in the city have been raised by councillors before. Last month the city council passed a motion calling for ‘urgently needed’ national regulation from central government of primarily electric powered two-wheeled vehicles.
>
> https://www.cambridge-news.co.uk/news/cambridge-news/major-cambridge-takeaway-agrees-only-27138054

As so often in the recent past, you had already posted this.

If your short-term memory is getting so unreliable, you ought to see a
doctor. Have you had any head injuries recently?

Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to push bike riders amid crackdown

<85bd45ba-695d-437e-a34b-2807977269e0n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30041&group=uk.rec.cycling#30041

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:07:30 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re:_‘Major_Cambridge_takeaway’_agrees_to_only_gi
ve_deliveries_to_push_bike_riders_amid_crackdown
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:07 UTC

QUOTE: Councillors have heard that a “major takeaway venue” in Cambridge city centre has agreed to only give orders to delivery drivers using push bikes. A report to Cambridge City Council ’s west central area committee said the takeaway, which is not named in the papers, made the decision due to its location. ENDS

I suppose that delivery vans spewing out Diesel fumes are a complete no-no then?

Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to push bike riders amid crackdown

<kf6j1tFo533U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30042&group=uk.rec.cycling#30042

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
o_only_give_deliveries_to_push_bike_riders_amid_crackdown
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 21:23:26 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:23 UTC

> QUOTE: Councillors have heard that a “major takeaway venue” in Cambridge city centre has agreed to only give orders to delivery drivers using push bikes.

So the chavs who use chav-bikes are "drivers" now, are they?

> A report to Cambridge City Council ’s west central area committee said the takeaway, which is not named in the papers, made the decision due to its location. ENDS
>
> I suppose that delivery vans spewing out Diesel fumes are a complete no-no then?

Re: ‘Major Cambridge takeaway’ agrees to only give deliveries to push bike riders amid crackdown

<45535cb5-7b05-4311-944a-a34029e76d68n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30043&group=uk.rec.cycling#30043

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 17 Jun 2023 13:34:49 -0700 (PDT)
ve_deliveries_to_push_bike_riders_amid_crackdown
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sat, 17 Jun 2023 20:34 UTC

QUOTE: The committee, which covers the Castle, Newnham and Market areas of the city, had previously raised that “delivery mopeds” being used illegally on public highways, was an area of concern. Cambridgeshire Constabulary officers in the west central team agreed to try and “reduce the number of issues caused by mopeds. ENDS

Just shove up a few "no motor vehicles" signs like they did on that pedestrian street in Wales which was infested with illegal cars - job done.