He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom. -- J.R.R. Tolkien

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycle

SubjectAuthor
* Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycleswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycleJNugent
`- Re: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycleswldx...@gmail.com

1
Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycle

<69a65c67-337b-4cb1-af99-06f91dff0ec5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30057&group=uk.rec.cycling#30057

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 08:53:51 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycle
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 15:53 UTC

A driver who knocked a cyclist off their bicycle has been convicted of driving without due care and attention.

David Bothwell (47), with an address of Killadeas Road, Ballinamallard appeared at Enniskillen Magistrates Court on Monday concerning the incident which occurred on November 26, 2022.

The court heard at 2.15pm on the day in question police were tasked to a road traffic collision on Killadeas Road involving a vehicle and a bicycle.

When they arrived they spoke to the cyclist who stated they were travelling from Enniskillen to Kesh when a car came out of a junction and collided with the rear of the bicycle.

They said the driver helped to move the bicycle off the road.

The cyclist sustained injuries, including a fractured thumb, and required hospital treatment.

Bothwell attended a voluntary interview with police during which he stated he was on his way to collect his son from a football match and did not see the cyclist.

His solicitor, Julie Cooper, said Bothwell deserved credit for his early plea and cooperation with the police and injured party.

She referred to the injured party's statement in which they said Bothwell had asked if they were OK, took full responsibility for the incident and was very apologetic.

For the charge of driving without due care and attention, Bothwell received five penalty points and a £350 fine.

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23583469.driver-not-see-cyclist-knocking-off-bicycle/

Re: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycle

<kf9hs6F7gigU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30063&group=uk.rec.cycling#30063

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 00:21:43 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:21 UTC

> A driver who knocked a cyclist off their bicycle

How many cyclists were there on the bike?

> has been convicted of driving without due care and attention.
> David Bothwell (47), with an address of Killadeas Road, Ballinamallard appeared at Enniskillen Magistrates Court on Monday concerning the incident which occurred on November 26, 2022.
> The court heard at 2.15pm on the day in question police were tasked to a road traffic collision on Killadeas Road involving a vehicle and a bicycle.
> When they arrived they spoke to the cyclist who stated they were travelling from Enniskillen to Kesh when a car came out of a junction and collided with the rear of the bicycle.
> They said the driver helped to move the bicycle off the road.
> The cyclist sustained injuries, including a fractured thumb, and required hospital treatment.
> Bothwell attended a voluntary interview with police during which he stated he was on his way to collect his son from a football match and did not see the cyclist.
> His solicitor, Julie Cooper, said Bothwell deserved credit for his early plea and cooperation with the police and injured party.
> She referred to the injured party's statement in which they said Bothwell had asked if they were OK, took full responsibility for the incident and was very apologetic.
> For the charge of driving without due care and attention, Bothwell received five penalty points and a £350 fine.
>
> https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23583469.driver-not-see-cyclist-knocking-off-bicycle/

Re: Driver did not see cyclist before knocking them off bicycle

<094bb4d0-d1a2-4357-be2e-a4759c3be4d5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30067&group=uk.rec.cycling#30067

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2023 23:35:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 06:35 UTC

QUOTE: For the charge of driving without due care and attention, Bothwell received five penalty points and a £350 fine. ENDS

Fessed up early doors - thus a slap on the wrist.