QOTD: I love your outfit, does it come in your size?

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

SubjectAuthor
* Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crashswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurtJNugent
`* Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurtswldx...@gmail.com
 +- Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclistSpike
 `- Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurtswldx...@gmail.com

1
Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

<0602cc68-142a-43f9-bb71-a4cbfc8819e5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30087&group=uk.rec.cycling#30087

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 08:36:02 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 15:36 UTC

A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving following a 'serious' crash involving a van and a cyclist yesterday evening (Sunday, June 18). The cyclist was said to have suffered non-life threatening and non-life changing injuries after the crash took place on the A4107 in Blaengwynfi, Neath Port Talbot county.

The van driver involved in the crash, aged 39, was arrested but has since been released under investigation. Following the crash, the A4107 Heol Treharne was blocked in both directions. South Wales Police closed the road and advised motorists to avoid the area and use alternative routes until the matter was resolved.

The road was cleared just after 7.30pm.

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-cyclist-van-crash-a4107-27152264

Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

<kfbbtfFfvlbU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30091&group=uk.rec.cycling#30091

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt
in crash
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 16:52:17 +0100
 by: JNugent - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 15:52 UTC

> A man has been arrested on suspicion of drink driving following a 'serious' crash involving a van and a cyclist yesterday evening (Sunday, June 18). The cyclist was said to have suffered non-life threatening and non-life changing injuries after the crash took place on the A4107 in Blaengwynfi, Neath Port Talbot county.
>
> The van driver involved in the crash, aged 39, was arrested but has since been released under investigation.

That actually makes it sound unlikely that he was over the limit. The
charge for that offence is usually put before release, because the
scientific evidence is available and compelling.

A refusal to provide a sample is even more ready for charge.

> Following the crash, the A4107 Heol Treharne was blocked in both directions. South Wales Police closed the road and advised motorists to avoid the area and use alternative routes until the matter was resolved.

Ah, yes... the police in so many forces do LOVE to punish other
road-users with the effrontery to need to use a road which has been the
scene of a traffic accident, don't they?

> The road was cleared just after 7.30pm.
>
> https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/man-cyclist-van-crash-a4107-27152264

Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

<00f6e27f-8c9b-41ae-928a-b284268f171bn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30095&group=uk.rec.cycling#30095

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2023 10:12:09 -0700 (PDT)
in crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Mon, 19 Jun 2023 17:12 UTC

QUOTE: . Following the crash, the A4107 Heol Treharne was blocked in both directions. South Wales Police closed the road and advised motorists to avoid the area and use alternative routes until the matter was resolved. ENDS

Has the driver compensated all of the motorists and other travellers he has inconvenienced - you know like the gammons who complain about cycling events that ride past their houses for 60 seconds once a year?

Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

<kfd8qgFoqmnU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30103&group=uk.rec.cycling#30103

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist
is hurt in crash
Date: 20 Jun 2023 09:11:44 GMT
 by: Spike - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 09:11 UTC

> QUOTE: . Following the crash, the A4107 Heol Treharne was blocked in both
> directions. South Wales Police closed the road and advised motorists to
> avoid the area and use alternative routes until the matter was resolved. ENDS
>
> Has the driver compensated all of the motorists and other travellers he
> has inconvenienced - you know like the gammons who complain about cycling
> events that ride past their houses for 60 seconds once a year?

Technically speaking, it was the police that inconvenienced other
travellers. Direct your query to them.

--
Spike

Re: Man arrested on suspicion of drink driving after cyclist is hurt in crash

<23dcdf1e-8f45-448f-baa9-7b100666aabbn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30105&group=uk.rec.cycling#30105

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 20 Jun 2023 03:38:11 -0700 (PDT)
in crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 20 Jun 2023 10:38 UTC

On Monday, June 19, 2023 at 6:12:11 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: . Following the crash, the A4107 Heol Treharne was blocked in both directions. South Wales Police closed the road and advised motorists to avoid the area and use alternative routes until the matter was resolved. ENDS
>
> Has the driver compensated all of the motorists and other travellers he has inconvenienced - you know like the gammons who complain about cycling events that ride past their houses for 60 seconds once a year?

Please note that the details below refer to the 2023 TCS London Marathon. We'll provide information about the road closures that will be necessary for the 2024 TCS London Marathon on Sunday 21 April – along with updated resident access information and details of Vehicle Crossing Points – closer to the event.

https://www.tcslondonmarathon.com/the-event/road-closures