I never killed a man that didn't deserve it. -- Mickey Cohen

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

SubjectAuthor
* Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Brian Gaff
+* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Tease'n'Seize
|+* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Chris Elvidge
||`* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Sn!pe
|| `* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Brian Gaff
||  +* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Ahem A Rivet's Shot
||  |`* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Tim+
||  | +- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Ahem A Rivet's Shot
||  | `- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Mike Fleming
||  `* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?John Williamson
||   +* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Richard Robinson
||   |+* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?hubops
||   ||`* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Sn!pe
||   || +- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?hubops
||   || `- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Mike Fleming
||   |`* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Tease'n'Seize
||   | +- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Richard Robinson
||   | `- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?nev young
||   `* Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Sam Plusnet
||    `- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Tease'n'Seize
|`- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Brian Gaff
`- Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?Adrian

1
Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujcthb$3q2b1$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29185&group=uk.rec.sheds#29185

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:02:50 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:02 UTC

I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<9LednUHXm7_Ancf4nZ2dnZfqn_udnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29187&group=uk.rec.sheds#29187

Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:32:30 +0000
Subject: Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:32 UTC

Brian Gaff wrote:

> I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
> last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.

They only did that for a day or two, when the server was overwhelmed,
now they only filter out posts from google groups that triggers a spam
filter.

I think that individually, plenty of users have had enough and just
plonked all google groups (or even all gmail) users.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujd08n$3qe0p$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29188&group=uk.rec.sheds#29188

From: chris@mshome.net (Chris Elvidge)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:49:27 +0000
 by: Chris Elvidge - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 12:49 UTC

On 19/11/2023 12:32, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
>> last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.
>
> They only did that for a day or two, when the server was overwhelmed,
> now they only filter out posts from google groups that triggers a spam
> filter.
>
> I think that individually, plenty of users have had enough and just
> plonked all google groups (or even all gmail) users.

comp.os.linux.networking and comp.unix.solaris got spam messages from a
gmail address recently. In thai, I think.

--
Chris Elvidge, England
I AM NOT DELIGHTFULLY SAUCY

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<1qkgq9d.ygx4sp1912fiqN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29194&group=uk.rec.sheds#29194

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Sun, 19 Nov 2023 21:59:34 +0000
This article may be reproduced for the purposes of propagation and
personal use only, no commercial use without express permission.
 by: Sn!pe - Sun, 19 Nov 2023 21:59 UTC

Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:

> On 19/11/2023 12:32, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> > Brian Gaff wrote:
> >
> >> I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
> >> last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.
> >
> > They only did that for a day or two, when the server was overwhelmed,
> > now they only filter out posts from google groups that triggers a spam
> > filter.
> >
> > I think that individually, plenty of users have had enough and just
> > plonked all google groups (or even all gmail) users.
> >
> comp.os.linux.networking and comp.unix.solaris got spam messages from a
> gmail address recently. In thai, I think.

There's a major anti-GG spam flood campaign ongoing; see e-s.support.
My approach is shown in my .siggy.

-- [sig-sep defeated]
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujf8ic$8plb$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29198&group=uk.rec.sheds#29198

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:23:23 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:23 UTC

Well, I've not gone that far, but I do have a number who tend to post racist
and generally unfunny or useful posts on the list. Brian

--

--:
"Tease'n'Seize" <tease-and-seize@invalid> wrote in message
> Brian Gaff wrote:
>
>> I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
>> last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.
>
> They only did that for a day or two, when the server was overwhelmed, now
> they only filter out posts from google groups that triggers a spam filter.
>
> I think that individually, plenty of users have had enough and just
> plonked all google groups (or even all gmail) users.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujf8ve$8rml$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29200&group=uk.rec.sheds#29200

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30:22 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30 UTC

Well since many ISPs are now no longer offering branded email to their new
customers, I suspect that the majority of use will be using gmail addresses,
so that would seem to be a problem if that is the case. I am using one now
for the email , since Virgin are phasing theirs out.
Personally, if a company would offer mail with imap and pop3 plus a web
mail back up for a reasonably yearly cost, with experts you could talk to,
I'd go for it.
The way things are it seems that Joe public is gradually being forced into
the hands or Gmail, Yahoo, and maybe one or two others.
Brian

--

--:
"Sn!pe" <snipeco.2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Chris Elvidge <chris@mshome.net> wrote:

>> > They only did that for a day or two, when the server was overwhelmed,
>> > now they only filter out posts from google groups that triggers a spam
>> > filter.
>> >
>> > I think that individually, plenty of users have had enough and just
>> > plonked all google groups (or even all gmail) users.
>> >
>> comp.os.linux.networking and comp.unix.solaris got spam messages from a
>> gmail address recently. In thai, I think.
>
> There's a major anti-GG spam flood campaign ongoing; see e-s.support.
> My approach is shown in my .siggy.
>
> -- [sig-sep defeated]
>
> ^�^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
> My pet rock Gordon just is.
>
> Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<20231120105751.b0ddaa8922a25ceb2e9d2931@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29204&group=uk.rec.sheds#29204

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 10:57:51 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 10:57 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30:22 -0000
"Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well since many ISPs are now no longer offering branded email to their
> new customers, I suspect that the majority of use will be using gmail
> addresses,

The power of advertising is amazing - gmail would be my *last*
choice. If I wasn't running my own I'd probably go for Proton or mail.com.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ks0v6pF36u3U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29206&group=uk.rec.sheds#29206

From: johnwilliamson@btinternet.com (John Williamson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:45:29 +0000
 by: John Williamson - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 11:45 UTC

I am paying BT £7.50 per month for a mailbox (It's free if you get your
broadband off them), and my basic website package will let me set up
quite a few mailboxes for users. BotH support IMAP and POP3. I get my
broadband via EE and Vodafone.

Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
knowledge.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujfim0$aarf$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29208&group=uk.rec.sheds#29208

From: richard@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16 UTC

John Williamson said:
> I am paying BT £7.50 per month for a mailbox (It's free if you get your
> broadband off them), and my basic website package will let me set up
> quite a few mailboxes for users. BotH support IMAP and POP3. I get my
> broadband via EE and Vodafone.
>
> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
> knowledge.

Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
gmail-using friend has started going missing.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<4qmmli1ebihnc7g8p9al4gjncdhmsv31ji@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29209&group=uk.rec.sheds#29209

From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 08:15:47 -0500
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 13:15 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
<richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

>John Williamson said:
>> I am paying BT £7.50 per month for a mailbox (It's free if you get your
>> broadband off them), and my basic website package will let me set up
>> quite a few mailboxes for users. BotH support IMAP and POP3. I get my
>> broadband via EE and Vodafone.
>>
>> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
>> knowledge.
>
>Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
>gmail-using friend has started going missing.

If gmail is having problems - it hasn't shown up yet, to me.
I think that I'm ~ the only person in my address book
who _doesn't_ use gmail !
John T.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<1qkhzcp.147lh2lf55x4cN%snipeco.2@gmail.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29211&group=uk.rec.sheds#29211

From: snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:11:25 +0000
iZ4vFDG
 by: Sn!pe - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:11 UTC

<hubops@ccanoemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
> <richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:
>
> >John Williamson said:
> >> I am paying BT £7.50 per month for a mailbox (It's free if you get your
> >> broadband off them), and my basic website package will let me set up
> >> quite a few mailboxes for users. BotH support IMAP and POP3. I get my
> >> broadband via EE and Vodafone.
> >>
> >> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
> >> knowledge.
> >
> >Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
> >gmail-using friend has started going missing.
>

> If gmail is having problems - it hasn't shown up yet, to me.
> I think that I'm ~ the only person in my address book
> who _doesn't_ use gmail !
> John T.

Apropos of not much: your inter-word spacing looks bizarre here, John.

--
^Ï^. Sn!pe, PA, FIBS - Professional Crastinator.
My pet rock Gordon just is.

Google Groups articles not seen unless poster is whitelisted.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<17rmlidfcsi4mm52n26era6m64rejoksrf@4ax.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29212&group=uk.rec.sheds#29212

From: hubops@ccanoemail.com
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:28:58 -0500
 by: hubops@ccanoemail.com - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:28 UTC

On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:11:25 +0000, snipeco.2@gmail.com (Sn!pe) wrote:

><hubops@ccanoemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
>> <richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

>> >Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
>> >gmail-using friend has started going missing.
>>

>> If gmail is having problems - it hasn't shown up yet, to me.
>> I think that I'm ~ the only person in my address book
>> who _doesn't_ use gmail !
>> John T.
>
>Apropos of not much: your inter-word spacing looks bizarre here, John.

Thanks . . . . I like bizaars . :-)
John T.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<Temdnd6zUcwS7Mb4nZ2dnZfqnPadnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29213&group=uk.rec.sheds#29213

Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:47:40 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:47 UTC

Richard Robinson wrote:

> John Williamson said:
>
>> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
>> knowledge.
>
> Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
> gmail-using friend has started going missing.

They (like many providers) have been getting fussier about receiving
mail, so domains without correct SPF/DKIM can get silently dumped, but
I've not heard of them not sending mail, certainly not noticed any
expected messages going missing here ...

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<Cd4WyHInL3WlFwOT@ku.gro.lloiff>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29214&group=uk.rec.sheds#29214

From: bulleid@ku.gro.lioff (Adrian)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:53:27 +0000
 by: Adrian - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 14:53 UTC

In message <ujcthb$3q2b1$1@dont-email.me>, Brian Gaff
<brian1gaff@gmail.com> writes
>I wondered as I've seen a marked reduction in posts on all groups in the
>last week or so, and most of the missing people were posting from Google.

If they have, it is to a limited extent. I only use ES as my news
provider, and I've just seen a posting in another froup that had Gurgle
Gropes as the injection point.

Adrian
--
To Reply :
Sorry for the rigmarole, If I want spam, I'll go to the shops

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<1245305105.722186456.479732.tim.downie-gmail.com@news.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29216&group=uk.rec.sheds#29216

From: tim.downie@gmail.com (Tim+)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: 20 Nov 2023 15:23:17 GMT
 by: Tim+ - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:23 UTC

Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30:22 -0000
> "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well since many ISPs are now no longer offering branded email to their
>> new customers, I suspect that the majority of use will be using gmail
>> addresses,
>
> The power of advertising is amazing - gmail would be my *last*
> choice. If I wasn't running my own I'd probably go for Proton or mail.com.

Gmail has never actively been “sold” to me. I just have a gmail address
because it’s free and it works.

Tim

--
Please don't feed the trolls

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujftr9$c19m$2@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29217&group=uk.rec.sheds#29217

From: richard@qualmograph.org.uk (Richard Robinson)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:26:33 -0000 (UTC)
 by: Richard Robinson - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 15:26 UTC

Tease'n'Seize said:
> Richard Robinson wrote:
>> John Williamson said:
>>
>>> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
>>> knowledge.
>>
>> Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
>> gmail-using friend has started going missing.
>
> They (like many providers) have been getting fussier about receiving
> mail, so domains without correct SPF/DKIM can get silently dumped, but

Yes, I had to sort that out a while back - they did bounce them, so at
least I knew.

> I've not heard of them not sending mail, certainly not noticed any
> expected messages going missing here ...

But yes, this is something different. I'd never have known if I hadn't
bumped into the sender in the pub.

Dunno.

--
Richard Robinson

My email address is at http://qualmograph.org.uk/contact.html

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<20231120172410.cc797d058f69db5a4897cf4d@eircom.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29218&group=uk.rec.sheds#29218

From: steveo@eircom.net (Ahem A Rivet's Shot)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:24:10 +0000
 by: Ahem A Rivet's - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 17:24 UTC

On 20 Nov 2023 15:23:17 GMT
Tim+ <tim.downie@gmail.com> wrote:

> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30:22 -0000
> > "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Well since many ISPs are now no longer offering branded email to their
> >> new customers, I suspect that the majority of use will be using gmail
> >> addresses,
> >
> > The power of advertising is amazing - gmail would be my *last*
> > choice. If I wasn't running my own I'd probably go for Proton or
> > mail.com.
> >

> Gmail has never actively been “sold” to me. I just have a gmail address
> because it’s free and it works.

Same applies to Proton, mail.com, Yahoo! mail and several others but
gmail was the one that you picked probably without thinking much about it
because it was the obvious one and it worked.

--
Steve O'Hara-Smith
Odds and Ends at http://www.sohara.org/
Host: Beautiful Theory meet Inconvenient Fact
Obit: Beautiful Theory died today of factual inconsistency

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<KMN6N.38676$cAm7.24239@fx18.iad>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29223&group=uk.rec.sheds#29223

Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: not@home.com (Sam Plusnet)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:42:50 +0000
 by: Sam Plusnet - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:42 UTC

On 20-Nov-23 11:45, John Williamson wrote:
> I am paying BT £7.50 per month for a mailbox (It's free if you get your
> broadband off them), and my basic website package will let me set up
> quite a few mailboxes for users. BotH support IMAP and POP3. I get my
> broadband via EE and Vodafone.

Am I missing something?
I've had a BT email address for well over 20 years.
I haven't paid them any money since 2003, when I moved to Plusnet for
ISP-ing.
The email address still jbexes, though I don't use it for much.

--
Sam Plusnet

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<neWcncoIjLvmNsb4nZ2dnZfqnPudnZ2d@brightview.co.uk>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29225&group=uk.rec.sheds#29225

Path: i2pn2.org!i2pn.org!usenet.goja.nl.eu.org!2.eu.feeder.erje.net!feeder.erje.net!newsreader4.netcologne.de!news.netcologne.de!peer01.ams1!peer.ams1.xlned.com!news.xlned.com!peer03.iad!feed-me.highwinds-media.com!news.highwinds-media.com!feeder.usenetexpress.com!tr1.iad1.usenetexpress.com!69.80.99.23.MISMATCH!Xl.tags.giganews.com!local-2.nntp.ord.giganews.com!nntp.brightview.co.uk!news.brightview.co.uk.POSTED!not-for-mail
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:54:47 +0000
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
From: tease-and-seize@invalid (Tease'n'Seize)
 by: Tease'n'Se - Mon, 20 Nov 2023 18:54 UTC

Sam Plusnet wrote:

> Am I missing something?
> I've had a BT email address for well over 20 years.
> I haven't paid them any money since 2003, when I moved to Plusnet for
> ISP-ing.
> The email address still jbexes, though I don't use it for much.

There are choices ...

<https://www.bt.com/help/email/what-happens-to-my-email-address-when-my-bt-broadband-service-st>

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<ujlrqi$1g4ep$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=29288&group=uk.rec.sheds#29288

From: newsforpasiphae1953@yahoo.co.uk (nev young)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2023 21:28:50 +0000
 by: nev young - Wed, 22 Nov 2023 21:28 UTC

On 20/11/2023 14:47, Tease'n'Seize wrote:
> Richard Robinson wrote:
>
>> John Williamson said:
>>
>>> Google is, though, easier to set up for those without much technical
>>> knowledge.
>>
>> Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
>> gmail-using friend has started going missing.
>
> They (like many providers) have been getting fussier about receiving
> mail, so domains without correct SPF/DKIM can get silently dumped, but
> I've not heard of them not sending mail, certainly not noticed any
> expected messages going missing here ...

Indeed. I don't have an SPF for ZEN and am unable to set one up as
required by google for my personal domain (which is at Fasthosts not
ZEN). (it's complicated).

It just means that if I forget and send an emu to a gmail address it
will bounce a couple of days later and then I send it again via my yahoo
address.

Very tedious!
meanwhile spam flows freely <sigh>

--
Nev
It causes me a great deal of regret and remorse

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<kv6jqkFe1gdU9@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30199&group=uk.rec.sheds#30199

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:56:49 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:56 UTC

On 20/11/2023 15:23, Tim+ wrote:
> Ahem A Rivet's Shot <steveo@eircom.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 09:30:22 -0000
>> "Brian Gaff" <brian1gaff@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Well since many ISPs are now no longer offering branded email to their
>>> new customers, I suspect that the majority of use will be using gmail
>>> addresses,
>>
>> The power of advertising is amazing - gmail would be my *last*
>> choice. If I wasn't running my own I'd probably go for Proton or mail.com.
>>

> Gmail has never actively been “sold” to me. I just have a gmail address
> because it’s free and it works.

I have a gmail address that I very rarely use because when I signed up
to Google you had to use a gmail/googlemail address. Not needed now but
ICBA to change it.

Re: Have ES stopped handling any posts from Google?

<kv6js3Fe1gdU10@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30200&group=uk.rec.sheds#30200

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:57:36 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 00:57 UTC

On 20/11/2023 14:11, Sn!pe wrote:
> <hubops@ccanoemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 20 Nov 2023 12:16:00 -0000 (UTC), Richard Robinson
>> <richard@qualmograph.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Have they started mucking about in some new way ? Mail from a
>>> gmail-using friend has started going missing.
>>

>> If gmail is having problems - it hasn't shown up yet, to me.
>> I think that I'm ~ the only person in my address book
>> who _doesn't_ use gmail !
>> John T.
>
> Apropos of not much: your inter-word spacing looks bizarre here, John.

It always has.