From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: For Spike...
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:15:38 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:15 UTC

Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?

Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.

I'll check it on Google Groups too.

Re: For Spike...

<kfl6nbF1aaiU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30353&group=uk.rec.cycling#30353

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: For Spike...
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:24:58 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 09:24 UTC

On 23/06/2023 10:15 am, JNugent wrote:
> Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
> water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?
>
> Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.
>
> I'll check it on Google Groups too.

Well, it is still available on Google Groups (but not on the Berlin Free
University server).

QUOTE:
22 Jun 2023, 22:39:25 (12 hours ago)

Where was the Edinburgh cyclist in all this?

--
Spike
ENDQUOTE

Just a thought... is "poor mental health" the general answer to the
question of why some adults over-react so badly to children with toy
water pistols?

Re: For Spike...

<kflajvF1tevU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30376&group=uk.rec.cycling#30376

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 23 Jun 2023 10:31:27 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 10:31 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
> water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?
>
> Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.
>
> I'll check it on Google Groups too.

I never cancel posts, and all those I sent seem to be available here on
NIN.

Another group is also complaining of cancelled posts.

--
Spike

Re: For Spike...

<kflmcoF3kdgU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30385&group=uk.rec.cycling#30385

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2023 14:52:24 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 23 Jun 2023 13:52 UTC

On 23/06/2023 11:31 am, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:

>> Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
>> water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?
>
>> Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.
>
>> I'll check it on Google Groups too.
>
> I never cancel posts, and all those I sent seem to be available here on
> NIN.
>
> Another group is also complaining of cancelled posts.

The post (identified by date and time) was available ob Google Groups.

It might be peculiar to the servers at the Freie Universität (Berlin).

I've noticed quite a few over the last few weeks.

Re: For Spike...

<kfnmisFd45nU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30412&group=uk.rec.cycling#30412

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: 24 Jun 2023 08:07:56 GMT
 by: Spike - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 08:07 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 23/06/2023 10:15 am, JNugent wrote:
>> Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
>> water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?
>>
>> Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.
>>
>> I'll check it on Google Groups too.
>
> Well, it is still available on Google Groups (but not on the Berlin Free
> University server).
>
> QUOTE:
> 22 Jun 2023, 22:39:25 (12 hours ago)
>
> Where was the Edinburgh cyclist in all this?

You’re quite right, I’ve done a fresh download of ukrc, and that message is
missing from the NIN server. I didn’t cancel it.

As an experiment, I cancelled a different message, which is now also
unavailable on NIN (23 Jun 14:44) but reposted it as a separate reply -
which is showing up (23 Jun 16:07)(both in the Edinburgh thread).

--
Spike

Re: For Spike...

<kfo71qFfgohU5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30420&group=uk.rec.cycling#30420

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2023 13:48:58 +0100
 by: JNugent - Sat, 24 Jun 2023 12:48 UTC

On 24/06/2023 09:07 am, Spike wrote:

> JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
>> On 23/06/2023 10:15 am, JNugent wrote:

>>> Have you cancelled any posts recently (especially in the
>>> water-pistol-over-reaction-by-chavs-who-are-frightened-of-water thread)?
>
>>> Your apparently recently posted response to Mad M is marked as unavailable.
>>> I'll check it on Google Groups too.
>
>> Well, it is still available on Google Groups (but not on the Berlin Free
>> University server).
>
>> QUOTE:
>> 22 Jun 2023, 22:39:25 (12 hours ago)
>
>> Where was the Edinburgh cyclist in all this?
>
> You’re quite right, I’ve done a fresh download of ukrc, and that message is
> missing from the NIN server. I didn’t cancel it.
>
> As an experiment, I cancelled a different message, which is now also
> unavailable on NIN (23 Jun 14:44) but reposted it as a separate reply -
> which is showing up (23 Jun 16:07)(both in the Edinburgh thread).

Thanks.

I feel an email to Berlin coming on...