From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: Why Amsterdam is Removing 10,000 Parking Spaces
Date: 26 Jun 2023 11:19:20 GMT
 by: Spike - Mon, 26 Jun 2023 11:19 UTC

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXLqrMljdfU

@alexandernordstrom1617
6 months ago
I live in Sweden and visit Amsterdam at least once in a normal year. As
much as I love it, the last couple of times I've been unable to shake this
feeling of "is this really the showroom for the enlightened world that it's
held up to be?" Even in this supposed cycling and walking utopia, there are
cars almost everywhere, and because there are a few quiet streets here and
there, the stress that cars induce whenever they're around is all the more
obvious. The Dutch may just be too good at providing optimal, segregated
infrastructure for all modes of transport, and that may be great for
transportation, but a city is about so much more than that.

--
Spike