The truth of a proposition has nothing to do with its credibility. And vice versa.

aus+uk / uk.rec.sheds / Re: Payment Declined

SubjectAuthor
* Payment DeclinedHymermut
+* Re: Payment DeclinedSn!pe
|`* Re: Payment DeclinedTheo
| +- Re: Payment DeclinedSn!pe
| +- Re: Payment DeclinedAhem A Rivet's Shot
| `- Re: Payment Declinedmaus
+- Re: Payment DeclinedDave W
+* Re: Payment DeclinedSam Plusnet
|`* Re: Payment DeclinedNicholas D. Richards
| +- Re: Payment DeclinedSn!pe
| `- Re: Payment DeclinedRichard Robinson
+* Re: Payment DeclinedTease'n'Seize
|`* Re: Payment DeclinedAbandoned Trolley
| +- Re: Payment DeclinedHymermut
| `* Re: Payment DeclinedHymermut
|  +- Re: Payment DeclinedJohn Williamson
|  +* Re: Payment DeclinedAhem A Rivet's Shot
|  |`- Re: Payment DeclinedTease'n'Seize
|  +* Re: Payment DeclinedJeff Gaines
|  |`* Re: Payment DeclinedPeter
|  | `- Re: Payment DeclinedHymermut
|  +- Re: Payment DeclinedTease'n'Seize
|  `- Re: Payment DeclinedMike Fleming
+* Re: Payment Declinedmaus
|`* Re: Payment Declinedhubops
| `- Re: Payment Declinedmaus
`- Re: Payment DeclinedBrian Gaff

Pages:12
Re: Payment Declined

<kv6l06Fe1geU7@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30204&group=uk.rec.sheds#30204

From: mike@tauzero.co.uk (Mike Fleming)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Subject: Re: Payment Declined
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 01:16:51 +0000
 by: Mike Fleming - Fri, 29 Dec 2023 01:16 UTC

On 22/12/2023 12:39, Hymermut wrote:

> Seriously thinking of charging my bank.
>
> Any recommendations sheddi?
>
> Is there a bank where it is still easy to talk to real people in UK?

You could try Santander, and then you might speak to my son-in-law, who
gets quote pissed off by (I quote) "old cunts who haven't got a fucking
clue" but does his best to help them anyway (and then vents to us
afterwards). But you won't be reading this anyway so I don't know why I
fucking bother.

Re: Payment Declined

<unr5nt$3e9o4$1@dont-email.me>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30545&group=uk.rec.sheds#30545

From: brian1gaff@gmail.com (Brian Gaff)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.sheds
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:53:46 -0000
 by: Brian Gaff - Fri, 12 Jan 2024 10:53 UTC

Yes bin there and got the T shirt. They do have some kind of unofficial
limit, as I tried to move some money using one and it spat it out, and a
cheque also was rejected, so I had to ask them to re submit it, It took ten
days for a manual transfer of several thousand to a new building society
account. OK they are being ultra careful, but I did go in person to my
Lloyds branch and told them but they told me that they have no way to pass
this on to the debit and cheque clearing house companies they now sub the
work out to. What a ridiculous way to run a bank.
Brian

--

--:
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...