aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

SubjectAuthor
* GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in allegedswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
+- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
+* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
|+- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
|+* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
||`- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inJNugent
|`* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
| +- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
| `* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inJNugent
|  `- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
+* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
+* Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com
|`- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist diesSpike
`- Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies inswldx...@gmail.com

1
GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<3fc6d1e8-ece9-4369-a275-17bf83cb9383n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30612&group=uk.rec.cycling#30612

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 05:38:08 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged
hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 12:38 UTC

A Scottish man has been arrested after allegedly killing a cyclist in a hit and run in Ibiza.

Bernat Ribas, 49, a well-known local sports enthusiast who had taken part in many cycling competitions over the years was killed in the tragedy.

Spanish police say the 35-year-old, understood to be from Glasgow, had no driving licence when he was arrested. The suspect handed himself in to cops on Wednesday night after his black Jeep Wrangler was found abandoned around three miles from the accident scene.

He is being held in police custody ahead of a court appearance.

A spokesman for the Civil Guard said: “The Civil Guard has arrested a British man aged 35 as the suspected author of the crimes of manslaughter, abandoning the scene of an incident, reckless driving and driving without ever having obtained the relevant authorisation to do so.

“After the accident allegedly caused by the detainee, he fled the scene.

“The Civil Guard spent all day yesterday trying to locate him and the vehicle, which was found in an isolated area of the municipality of Sant Josep.

“Around midnight the suspect handed him to police at a station in San Antonio where he was read his rights and taken to another police station..”

More details of the incident that led to the cyclist's death emerged overnight.

The driver of the Jeep Wrangler is understood to have collided head-on with Mr Ribas on a narrow road called the Camino de Benimussa, around 8pm on Tuesday, in the municipality of Sant Josep before hitting a rock as he fled the scene.

The cyclist was with a friend who, along with a second motorist behind the two men who was forced to break sharply, gave police a description of the vehicle.

The Jeep, a right-wheel drive, was found by an ecology and education centre a short drive from the scene of the tragedy following a police appeal for information.

Ibiza Town mayor Rafa Triguero tweeted after hearing the news, which happened six years after a motorist high on drink and drugs killed 34-year-old cyclist Dani Vinals in another hit-and-run in Ibiza : “It’s not only a cyclist on two wheels, because the many lives of many families are on a bicycle.

“We have just received another sad piece of news, following the loss of Dani not so many years ago.

My sincerest condolences to the dead man’s family and friends and the cycling community.”

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-man-arrested-ibiza-after-30350415

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg5fioFh37rU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30614&group=uk.rec.cycling#30614

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Subject: Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies
in alleged hit and run
Date: 29 Jun 2023 13:34:17 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 13:34 UTC

“…a second motorist behind the two men who was forced to break
sharply…”[SIC]

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<6f9df9f7-da43-4353-8585-aa93f55434dan@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30617&group=uk.rec.cycling#30617

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 08:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 15:24 UTC

On Thursday, June 29, 2023 at 1:38:10 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> QUOTE: A Scottish man has been arrested after allegedly killing a cyclist in a hit and run in Ibiza. ENDS

As I said yesterday - this muppet is on an Spanish island in a UK car.
Sore thumbs springs to mind - only a matter of time.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg5qjgFinn5U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30623&group=uk.rec.cycling#30623

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 29 Jun 2023 16:42:24 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 16:42 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

> “…a second motorist behind the two men who was forced to break
> sharply…”[SIC]

Why don’t cyclists *ever* seem to consider braking?

>> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-man-arrested-ibiza-after-30350415

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<ca8bef68-1076-44e4-a62a-ae82b7ef22cdn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30628&group=uk.rec.cycling#30628

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 10:33:35 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 17:33 UTC

QUOTE: Ibiza Town mayor Rafa Triguero tweeted after hearing the news, which happened six years after a motorist high on drink and drugs killed 34-year-old cyclist Dani Vinals in another hit-and-run in Ibiza : “It’s not only a cyclist on two wheels, because the many lives of many families are on a bicycle. ENDS

WELL SAID.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg6aj4Fl3abU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30635&group=uk.rec.cycling#30635

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 29 Jun 2023 21:15:16 GMT
 by: Spike - Thu, 29 Jun 2023 21:15 UTC

Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:
> Spike <Aero.Spike@mail.invalid> wrote:

>> “…a second motorist behind the two men who was forced to break sharply…”[SIC]

> Why don’t cyclists *ever* seem to consider braking?

>>> https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/scots-man-arrested-ibiza-after-30350415

What’s sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

As UK cyclists say about pedestrians killed by cyclists: “It’s only a few,
not worth doing anything about it, bringing in reforms will only put people
off”. But now the boot is on the other foot, It’s All Rather Different,
Isn’t It.

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<5dcd2f6f-874a-41c4-9744-e421a308f22fn@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30640&group=uk.rec.cycling#30640

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2023 22:42:46 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 05:42 UTC

The damaged chavmobile being taken away - good riddance.

https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article30350374.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JS304241775.jpg

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg7mgeFrgu3U3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30644&group=uk.rec.cycling#30644

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 30 Jun 2023 09:44:46 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 09:44 UTC

> The damaged chavmobile being taken away - good riddance.
>
> https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article30350374.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JS304241775.jpg

What happened to Charlie Alliston’s illegal bike? Was that taken away and
crushed?

<https://eu-browse.startpage.com/av/anon-image?piurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.thetimes.co.uk%2Fimageserver%2Fimage%2F%252Fmethode%252Ftimes%252Fprod%252Fweb%252Fbin%252F09b2e1e6-8dc8-11e7-86bd-27eb324693e0.png%3Fcrop%3D720%252C480%252C0%252C0&sp=1688117908Tc84d16ab8f4297b5b59b2366696070b98e132731bf9d5bda3b96494b5df33525>

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<29dd1506-895b-4082-8726-f1c30410f477n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30650&group=uk.rec.cycling#30650

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:23:08 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:23 UTC

On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 6:42:48 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> The damaged chavmobile being taken away - good riddance.
>
> https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article30350374.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JS304241775.jpg

That front wing has taken a serious twatting.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg7p0hFrpe6U5@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30651&group=uk.rec.cycling#30651

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
alleged hit and run
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 11:27:30 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:27 UTC

On 30/06/2023 11:23 am, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Friday, June 30, 2023 at 6:42:48 AM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:
>> The damaged chavmobile being taken away - good riddance.
>>
>> https://i2-prod.dailyrecord.co.uk/incoming/article30350374.ece/ALTERNATES/s810/0_JS304241775.jpg
>
> That front wing has taken a serious twatting.

The driver probably couldn't see where he was going because the
windscreen wipers weren't working.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<9aaf2cfb-6c3a-42a4-9374-27a790888702n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30654&group=uk.rec.cycling#30654

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:36:24 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:36 UTC

BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP replied to NOtotheEU | 858 posts | 3 hours ago
2 likes

Fortunately anyone British can no longer live in the EU with out permission. So we can control their entry and exit. Once this one has completed his term he can be repatriated to the sun lit uplands of the Unicorn Kingdom.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg7pq8Fs15lU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30658&group=uk.rec.cycling#30658

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 30 Jun 2023 10:41:12 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:41 UTC

> BIRMINGHAMisaDUMP replied to NOtotheEU | 858 posts | 3 hours ago
> 2 likes
>
> Fortunately anyone British can no longer live in the EU with out
> permission. So we can control their entry and exit. Once this one has
> completed his term he can be repatriated to the sun lit uplands of the Unicorn Kingdom.

Someone sounds like a bitter loser.

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<a2bb4a8d-ca39-45a7-9731-5b06490e45c1n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30661&group=uk.rec.cycling#30661

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 03:51:24 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:51 UTC

lesterama | 393 posts | 2 hours ago
1 like

Awful. I've cycled in Ibiza. Most drivers were as good as gold. A few were awful, perhaps recovering from the night before. A friend of mine was also killed late at night, walking home from a night out.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg80utFt3blU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30666&group=uk.rec.cycling#30666

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 30 Jun 2023 12:43:09 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 12:43 UTC

> lesterama | 393 posts | 2 hours ago
> 1 like
>
> Awful. I've cycled in Ibiza. Most drivers were as good as gold. A few
> were awful, perhaps recovering from the night before. A friend of mine
> was also killed late at night, walking home from a night out.

They had this sort of thing on TV a few years ago, where a popular night
club was reached by a long walk at the side of a busy road.

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg826gFt7u8U1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30667&group=uk.rec.cycling#30667

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
alleged hit and run
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 14:04:17 +0100
 by: JNugent - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 13:04 UTC

On 30/06/2023 11:51 am, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:

> lesterama | 393 posts | 2 hours ago
>
> Awful. I've cycled in Ibiza. Most drivers were as good as gold. A few were awful, perhaps recovering from the night before. A friend of mine was also killed late at night, walking home from a night out.

May Sun [the Chief Chav] is all in favour of capital punishment for
pedestrians who are walking home after a night out, with chav-cyclists
all appointed as as executioners on an as-when-"thought"-necessary basis.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<0f84561e-9ce4-4edd-adb3-418126619622n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30670&group=uk.rec.cycling#30670

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 06:29:58 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 13:29 UTC

Bravephart, Loch Doon UK, United Kingdom, a day ago

A least cyclists get some justice in other countries.

==============================

He hasn't been sentenced yet - hold your horses.

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg8cj3FbmqU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30674&group=uk.rec.cycling#30674

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 30 Jun 2023 16:01:39 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 16:01 UTC

JNugent <jnugent@mail.com> wrote:
> On 30/06/2023 11:51 am, swldx...@gmail.com [the Chief Chav] wrote:
>
>> lesterama | 393 posts | 2 hours ago
>>
>> Awful. I've cycled in Ibiza. Most drivers were as good as gold. A few
>> were awful, perhaps recovering from the night before. A friend of mine
>> was also killed late at night, walking home from a night out.
>
> May Sun [the Chief Chav] is all in favour of capital punishment for
> pedestrians who are walking home after a night out, with chav-cyclists
> all appointed as as executioners on an as-when-"thought"-necessary basis.

Quite so…

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<kg8cj4FbmqU3@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30675&group=uk.rec.cycling#30675

From: Aero.Spike@mail.invalid (Spike)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
in alleged hit and run
Date: 30 Jun 2023 16:01:40 GMT
 by: Spike - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 16:01 UTC

> Bravephart, Loch Doon UK, United Kingdom, a day ago
>
> A least cyclists get some justice in other countries.
>
> ==============================

> He hasn't been sentenced yet - hold your horses.

He hasn’t been tried yet, except in the Court of Cyclist Opinion, so hold
your horses.

--
Spike

Re: GOT HIM - Scots man arrested in Ibiza after cyclist dies in alleged hit and run

<5b5088b9-dbd4-4281-b968-e78f1dcf19a5n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30678&group=uk.rec.cycling#30678

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2023 10:02:13 -0700 (PDT)
alleged hit and run
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Fri, 30 Jun 2023 17:02 UTC

Secret_squirrel wrote:

Utter scumbag. Lets hope the Spanish justice system is less lenient with drivists than ours.

Lets hope so. It's depressing that we have so many cyclist murdering drivers that we are exporting them now.