Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Sat, 1 Jul 2023 23:29:26 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Beryl to offer free bike rides to work this summer
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Sun, 2 Jul 2023 06:29 UTC

BERYL and BCP Council will be offering free bike rides for commuters to encourage cheap and sustainable travel.

Riders across BCP and Dorset Council will be able to grab a free 30-minute journey on a Beryl pedal bike between 5am and 10am, seven days a week.

The scheme will be launched from July 1 to September 30, to inspire more people to use shared transport.

Residents can save money on fuel and parking, improve their mental wellbeing, become more active and contribute towards reducing carbon emissions.

The amount of BCP residents commuting by Beryl more than doubled to 57 per cent last year, and 40 per cent of all riders have reduced their car usage since.

Beryl CEO and co-founder, Phil Ellis, said: “Commuting by bike is not only convenient and fun, it’s also cost effective when compared to private vehicle use, removing the cost of petrol, parking, tax, insurance and MOT.

“BCP’s picturesque scenery makes it a great place to do so, allowing you to take in the views and the fresh air on the way to or from work.

“With the warmer weather and longer days combined with this latest offer, now is the perfect time to give it a go.”

https://uk.sports.yahoo.com/news/beryl-offer-free-bike-rides-040000500.html