Cats are smarter than dogs. You can't make eight cats pull a sled through the snow.

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driver

SubjectAuthor
* Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driverswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driverJNugent
`- Re: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driverswldx...@gmail.com

1
Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driver

<367e8db4-e62e-435f-affc-bf9639110527n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30850&group=uk.rec.cycling#30850

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 08:34:39 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driver
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 15:34 UTC

A cyclist has died in a crash with a car in Oxfordshire this morning.

A 54-year-old cyclist died in a crash with a silver Vauxhall Astra on the A4074 Oxford Road at 5.54am, today, Tuesday, July 4.

A 45-year-old man from Berinsfield was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.

The cyclist died at the scene of his injuries and the driver remains in police custody.

Detective Inspector Justin Thomas, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Very sadly, a man died as a result of this collision.

“His next of kin have been informed and our thoughts and sympathies are with his family who are being supported at this very difficult time.

“I am appealing to anybody who was driving along the A4074 this morning at around the time of the collision to please get in touch with Thames Valley Police if you witnessed it.

“I would also appeal to anybody who may have dash-cam footage from around the time of the collision to please contact us.

Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information is urged to call 101 and quote the reference 43230294871.

https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23632575.cyclist-dies-crash-suspected-careless-driver/

Re: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driver

<kgiuc2FjccrU2@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30853&group=uk.rec.cycling#30853

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 17:06:27 +0100
 by: JNugent - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:06 UTC

> A cyclist has died in a crash with a car in Oxfordshire this morning.
> A 54-year-old cyclist died in a crash with a silver Vauxhall Astra on the A4074 Oxford Road at 5.54am, today, Tuesday, July 4.
> A 45-year-old man from Berinsfield was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs.
>
> The cyclist died at the scene of his injuries and the driver remains in police custody.

That latter is normal where there is evidence of unfitness to drive
through alcohol or drugs. At the very least until the offending
substances have cleared from the body of the arrested person.

> Detective Inspector Justin Thomas, of the Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: “Very sadly, a man died as a result of this collision.
> “His next of kin have been informed and our thoughts and sympathies are with his family who are being supported at this very difficult time.
> “I am appealing to anybody who was driving along the A4074 this morning at around the time of the collision to please get in touch with Thames Valley Police if you witnessed it.
> “I would also appeal to anybody who may have dash-cam footage from around the time of the collision to please contact us.
> Police are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information is urged to call 101 and quote the reference 43230294871.
> https://www.oxfordmail.co.uk/news/23632575.cyclist-dies-crash-suspected-careless-driver/

Re: Cyclist dies in crash with suspected careless driver

<d7365070-ad2a-4a91-80eb-02fa7b553aean@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30854&group=uk.rec.cycling#30854

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2023 09:31:19 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Tue, 4 Jul 2023 16:31 UTC

QUOTE: A 45-year-old man from Berinsfield was arrested on suspicion of causing death by careless driving and driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs. ENDS

Should go for dangerous first off - then you have "careless" as a back-up when the low Sun gambit is wheeled out.