Authors are easy to get on with -- if you're fond of children. -- Michael Joseph, "Observer"

aus+uk / uk.rec.cycling / Re: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bike

SubjectAuthor
* Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bikeswldx...@gmail.com
+- Re: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bikeJNugent
`- Re: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bikeswldx...@gmail.com

1
Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bike

<f3fc2493-c234-4a1d-b58f-533628b946d3n@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30866&group=uk.rec.cycling#30866

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 04:06:00 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bike
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 11:06 UTC

A young woman has been left heartbroken after her therapy cat was hit and killed by a bike.

Four-year-old Freddie died on Wednesday morning when he was struck in Cumberland Avenue, opposite St Martin’s Church, in Shepway, Maidstone.

Chaz Turl bought Freddie in 2018 to help her cope following the death of her sister, and since then he has comforted her through struggles with her mental health.

But the 21-year old knew something was wrong when Freddie did not return home on Tuesday evening.

“He went out and didn’t come in like he usually does,” she explained.

“I just thought he was out roaming in the nice weather.

“We left it a couple of days as our cats are known to roam sometimes, but I thought ‘no, this isn’t right’ - it wasn’t like Freddie.

“I posted him as missing and somebody tagged me in a post on Facebook saying they’d seen a cat hit by a quad bike at around 8.15am in the morning.

“A lady took him to Newnham Court vets so I went to identify him and unfortunately it was him.”

“I am absolutely heartbroken he’s gone.”

Miss Turl, who has nine other cats, added: “Freddie was too friendly and loving for his own good.

“He always had a fuss from people, especially kids on the way to school.”

But sometimes Freddie’s friendly nature made him vulnerable.

Miss Turl says he was attacked multiple times prior to his death, was burned with cigarettes and even catapulted with stones.

Following the incident on Wednesday, Miss Turl is hoping to find the driver of the quad bike.

She said: “Someone must have ring doorbell footage or CCTV, or know who owns the quad who hit him.

“Please if you do, come forward.”

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/woman-heartbroken-as-therapy-cat-hit-and-killed-by-quad-bike-289372/

Re: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bike

<kglc7pFnijU1@mid.individual.net>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30892&group=uk.rec.cycling#30892

From: jnugent@mail.com (JNugent)
Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 15:15:20 +0100
 by: JNugent - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 14:15 UTC

> A young woman has been left heartbroken after her therapy cat was hit and killed by a bike.

Sorry to hear that. Cats are such intelligent creatures, especially when
compared to chav-cyclists.

> Four-year-old Freddie died on Wednesday morning when he was struck in Cumberland Avenue, opposite St Martin’s Church, in Shepway, Maidstone.
> Chaz Turl bought Freddie in 2018 to help her cope following the death of her sister, and since then he has comforted her through struggles with her mental health.
> But the 21-year old knew something was wrong when Freddie did not return home on Tuesday evening.
> “He went out and didn’t come in like he usually does,” she explained.
> “I just thought he was out roaming in the nice weather.
> “We left it a couple of days as our cats are known to roam sometimes, but I thought ‘no, this isn’t right’ - it wasn’t like Freddie.
> “I posted him as missing and somebody tagged me in a post on Facebook saying they’d seen a cat hit by a quad bike at around 8.15am in the morning.
> “A lady took him to Newnham Court vets so I went to identify him and unfortunately it was him.”
> “I am absolutely heartbroken he’s gone.”
> Miss Turl, who has nine other cats, added: “Freddie was too friendly and loving for his own good.
> “He always had a fuss from people, especially kids on the way to school.”
> But sometimes Freddie’s friendly nature made him vulnerable.
> Miss Turl says he was attacked multiple times prior to his death, was burned with cigarettes and even catapulted with stones.
> Following the incident on Wednesday, Miss Turl is hoping to find the driver [he means "rider" - Ed.] of the quad bike.
> She said: “Someone must have ring doorbell footage or CCTV, or know who owns the quad who hit him.
> “Please if you do, come forward.”

> https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidstone/news/woman-heartbroken-as-therapy-cat-hit-and-killed-by-quad-bike-289372/

You do know that it is not compulsory to report a traffic incident
involving a cat, don't you?

That is because a cat is not an "animal" within the relevant Road
Traffic Act definitions.

And cats rarely carry identification.

Re: Woman devastated after therapy cat hit and killed by bike

<185f0244-b289-4960-ac86-c004e454893an@googlegroups.com>

  copy mid

https://news.novabbs.org/aus+uk/article-flat.php?id=30895&group=uk.rec.cycling#30895

Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 08:21:53 -0700 (PDT)
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 15:21 UTC

On Wednesday, July 5, 2023 at 12:06:02 PM UTC+1, swldx...@gmail.com wrote:

QUOTE: > A young woman has been left heartbroken after her therapy cat was hit and killed by a bike. ENDS

Was this cat fully medically qualified?