Newsgroups: uk.rec.cycling
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2023 11:50:38 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Lucky escape for driver after demolishing front of bungalow in 'out
of control' crash
From: swldxer1958@gmail.com (swldx...@gmail.com)
 by: swldx...@gmail.com - Wed, 5 Jul 2023 18:50 UTC

A driver narrowly avoided serious injury after their car demolished the front of a bungalow in an 'out of control' crash. The incident happened at around 11.30pm on Wednesday, June 28, on Stoneygate Road in Hinckley.

Leicestershire Police attended the scene, with police tape still in place forming a cordon around the bungalow, as well as Leicestershire Fire and Rescue Service. It is believed a structural engineer may also have been sent to the scene by Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council.

A spokesperson for Leicestershire Fire Control confirmed they attended to make the vehicle safe. They said: "We were called to the scene at 23.35 to reports of a car going into a property. We sent one appliance to attend to make the vehicle safe.

"There were no reported injuries in the crash. We left the scene at 23.56."

The driver of the vehicle was lucky to be unharmed in the impact, with a nearby resident suggesting the car was "out of control" as it came around the corner. The resident, who did not wish to be named, told

"The car's come around the corner from the direction of ASDA, obviously out of control, and gone straight over two properties and smashed into a bungalow."

The resident believed the property was in the process of being renovated, so the building was empty at the time.

Leicestershire Police was approached for a comment but declined to comment. Hinckley and Bosworth Borough Council has been approached for a comment.

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/local-news/lucky-escape-driver-after-demolishing-8560796